Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

"Why I Love League of legends But Hate...

Creator: Darealone April 22, 2014 1:37pm
1 2 3 4
Darealone
<Member>
Darealone's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 22, 2014 1:37pm | Report

Prepare for some feels. They're coming.
Reactions? I read comments and some either said "OMG TRUTH" or "Calm down it's just a game. Just mute someone."
I main...the entire top lane.
I miss: Tank Rengar top, AD Nidalee, Mash Keyboard Ryze...the OPs
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 22, 2014 5:33pm | Report
its nice because you know they people going "OMG TRUTH" are the ones that rage and the ones saying to calm down its a game are the ones that dont rage

also this video is stupid the only reason it has a ton of views is because the guy that made it is admin on a bunch of LoL facebook pages and wont stop spamming it, it doesnt have any real content other than 4 minutes of "i wish people were nice ))))::::"
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2014 1:44am | Report
A story that has been told over and over and over again :P. It seems like the guy wanted to come over inspiring or something, but all he said was that he misses the old times of being a noob and wishes that everyone else would go back to that mindset. That's not a really good message. The focus of the video lies in the wrong direction. The focus should be on how important teams are in League of Legends and that you should work together with them in order to share your goal, not on some nostalgic feeling. People are allowed to play for their own reasons. If one wants to play to win, then they have just as much right as people that play for fun. We shouldn't change one or the other, they're both just as important. It just seems that people forget from time to time that good communication can be both vital for winning as it can for having fun. That is the problem. Many people playing for fun try to annoy others because they enjoy doing that, many people playing to win rage on others because they're so stressed to win. If people just keep the annoyance and motivation to a limit, then both sides of the party can enjoy the game. They can communicate well, work together on doing both hilarious as doing objective things. Then we can solve the problem, WHEN WE UNITE! :O

The story was still very well presented and it was a nice watch nevertheless, but the message is imo in a wrong direction :P
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Hogopogo
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
AeroBlast
<Member>
AeroBlast's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2014 4:45am | Report
:O
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2014 12:08pm | Report
yeah it's a great video with an okay message but like Meiyjhe was saying it's message is really misdirected. I would really enjoy having teams again who don't mind seeing an Amumu Mid every once in a while but when I play I play to win, not to do noobish things, like Amumu Mid, yeah I use to do that when I first started playing back in season 1 pre level 30.

Overall I have just learned to deal with the community and it's toxicity. Mute, report, and move on. I use to get my feelings hurt when someone would call me thrash for having a bad game, however the more I played the less often I was the one feeding and they would just pick on another team-mate. I still hate the toxicity and I refuse to ever make another player feel like garbage, even though I may have done so a few times in the past, but really don't play ranked if you don't have runes even I will be rude to you for that.

But I do like seeing videos like this because it at least means people are trying to make a difference, also the community is so toxic for new players just think about brand new players trying to learn the game, and toxic smurfs forcing a meta on them for their first games. If we don't get new players from time to time the LCS will eventually fade and go away. I attempted to get one of my friends into the game, no offensive to him but he really sucked, even in bot games, and the community treated him like dirt so he quit before he could even learn to play the game, and it's not like he was ruining normals or ranked it was in a easy bot games learning the game which is where he belonged and their was still toxicity.
Sig by Emikadon
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2014 11:07pm | Report
honestly i had to stop that video. what a bunch of pretentious ********.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2014 11:18pm | Report
I liked it. I rage at my dad sometimes. After watching this, I've tried to be more understanding of any mistakes made by my teammates.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by arrizen ♡
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2014 11:22pm | Report
******ed.

Pretty much sums up the community and its mindset if you ask me. People who watch this **** and say "Truth" only back my point on how sheepish this community is as a whole. It's why I can't even stand talking to most of you.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2014 11:35pm | Report
Toshabi wrote:

******ed.

Pretty much sums up the community and its mindset if you ask me. People who watch this **** and say "Truth" only back my point on how sheepish this community is as a whole. It's why I can't even stand talking to most of you.

Agreed. The thought of this video actually defines most of the community; a community that essentially hates itself. I personally think League as a pretty enjoyable playerbase.

Also, the fact that this video makes "I want to win" look like a bad thing is absolutely ridiculous. Games are played to win. If you don't care about winning, go play the Sims or Minecraft.
MyBloodisBlack
<Member>
MyBloodisBlack's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 24, 2014 2:55am | Report
The worst part of this video is I know alot of people all around the world will have watched this, Listened to the message, Clicked the like buttons and shared a comment but most importantly when they are done they will be like "Well its not my problem if the community is toxic" and then return to being the same kind of player they were....mostly one of the Toxic ones themselves.

This is something that has to be stopped and soon because whether people like it or not Cyber bullying is not acceptable ANYWHERE and it can cause people lives to be destroyed...We have recently seen it with Nein from CLG quitting his role partly because of the abuse he had been receiving from "fans" but it can cause so much more damage to someone who doesn't have support of others, I know of youngsters and even adults ending their own lives because of cyber bullying and the fact they couldn't find the support they needed because so many do not feel Cyber bullying is all that big a deal since you could always "Turn your computer off".

As someone who has been a victim of bullying and cyber bullying all my life I know how hard it is cope with having people who you are meant to be trusting abusing you for no good reason at all and I will give a prime example...

Few days ago I played a Blind draft match, Everyone had picked their roles and I was left with going Top lane, I am not very good in top lane but everyone had their preferred lanes and I wanted to try out Shyvana anyways so I pointed this all out in chat, explaining I may not do well in the lane and I will require assistance and most importantly Patiences which the team said was ok and to just try your best.
So I had to play against Darius and of course not knowing what to expect and also the fact he was farming fast and furiously I had to try and fight as best I could whilst getting rid of the minions and not taking damage from Darius...I was not successful and I started to be picked off easily.
Now I am not doing anything wrong in any sense, I am trying my best to cope with this Darius who obviously was a much more skilled top laner than me but there wasn't much I could do about that so I just tried to keep him preoccupied and tried to farm more and more but it was a losing battle - and then the comments started coming.
To start with it was helpful, one of my team mates informed the jungle they should help top now (seeing as I was 0-3-0) which would have been great however the junglar decided not to and focused on the bot lane more and more and I was still being picked off by Darius or their junglar then the helpful comments became abusive...they were accusing me of not actually fighting at all, they were demanding that the other team report me because I was not playing at all, they went as far as to demand that I uninstalled LOL and never played again and believe me it got worse and worse until the very end where I had to deal with over 20 minutes of this abuse and what for? Because I was struggling in the top lane with a new champion against a guy who was better.

I feel the video should be listen to, taken in and the entire community should start improving and working to play together and not against each other...as the video says "I have 5 enemies on the opposing side why would I want 4 more on my side?"
"The Wolf eyes the Prey, The Cow eats the hay, One of them is a killer, The other his buffet"
1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide