Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Riot Meddler Post: Fighter more itemization

Creator: NicknameMy July 28, 2015 2:01pm
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 6, 2015 5:50am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:
For that, champs like Garen and Darius deal extremly more damage, tho, which makes the usage of the item basically better.

Lets say Jarvan IV benefits 100% from it, Garen and Darius do 150%.

Not entirely true. The way I see it, Jarvan benefits overall more because he doesn't actually need it to get on top of a carry. it makes him that much more difficult to escape (this applies to other bruisers like Gnar or Rek'Sai.) The item is not covering any weakness of the champion in those cases, so it is purely gain.

In the case of Juggernauts, the item is being used to pad their ****ty mobility meaning their actual level of efficiency of the item is worse than the case of mobile bruisers as 50% of the reason you are buying the item is "to not feel like a slug."

Am I making sense or speaking gibberish?

Edit: Them doing metric **** tons more damage than mobile bruisers also means nothing if J4 and the likes can still 100-0 carries with 0 help from their allies. They may not do as much, but they do enough, and have the tools in their kit to make sure it happens on their own terms.
HiFromBuddha
<Member>
HiFromBuddha's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 6, 2015 5:51am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:
For that, champs like Garen and Darius deal extremly more damage, tho, which makes the usage of the item basically better.

Lets say Jarvan IV benefits 100% from it, Garen and Darius do 150%.

But if we were to rate the effectiveness of the character before hand with a number, then Garen and Darius would have an effectiveness of 50 where as Jarvan IV would have an effectiveness of 80.

Even if Garen and Dyrus were to benefit greater, they're still not better than Jarvan IV with the item. If you've banged 20x more girls than me, but OTG has banged 5x more girls than my father, then OTG will still have banged more girls. That sort of thing.

Thank you to MissMaw for the signatures!
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 6, 2015 5:55am | Report

But if we were to rate the effectiveness of the character before hand with a number, then Garen and Darius would have an effectiveness of 50 where as Jarvan IV would have an effectiveness of 80.

Even if Garen and Dyrus were to benefit greater, they're still not better than Jarvan IV with the item. If you've banged 20x more girls than me, but OTG has banged 5x more girls than my father, then OTG will still have banged more girls. That sort of thing.

I wish I had your level of wordsmithing. Well played, mate.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 6, 2015 5:56am | Report
If champions like J4 can 100-0 carries, that just shows that they need either nerfs to their mobility, utility or damage.
HiFromBuddha
<Member>
HiFromBuddha's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 6, 2015 5:57am | Report

I wish I had your level of wordsmithing. Well played, mate.

Well played in the bedroom, mate ;)
Imma 'bout to end this man's whole career
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Kiniro Mosaic
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 6, 2015 6:02am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:
If champions like J4 can 100-0 carries, that just shows that they need either nerfs to their mobility, utility or damage.

Him, Lee Sin, and pretty much every other champion like that already have received that treatment.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 6, 2015 6:11am | Report

Him, Lee Sin, and pretty much every other champion like that already have received that treatment.

On a small not, I do believe J4 deals more damage than he should.

As for overall reasoning, I'm with OTG. As for Darius overall being buffed, I need to see his Q delay time, although they're increasing his W slow.
On a sidenote, I didn't really enjoy dead man's plate that much, I think the item was on the right track to something but was missing something else.
Thank you Byron for 2014's loudest laugh up till today
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 6, 2015 6:15am | Report
FalseoGod wrote:

On a sidenote, I didn't really enjoy dead man's plate that much, I think the item was on the right track to something but was missing something else.

It feels like a Sunfire Cape with a single target chasing/damage boost instead of the AoE. Oh and it's more expensive. Maybe that's the problem? Perhaps making it cheaper/less stats would make it a better early/mid game pickup?
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 6, 2015 6:45am | Report
The delay is 0.75 seconds, similar to Veigar Stun.
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 6, 2015 7:03am | Report
Oh yeah you can now see it coming except wait **** you can't do anything because he's running at you.
And that's assuming you notice he's moving his axe backwards and you aren't looking at a minion health bar or something.

Basically MOBAFire.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide