Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Riot Meddler Post: Fighter more itemization

Creator: NicknameMy July 28, 2015 2:01pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 12 16
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2015 2:01pm | Report
Quoted:
We're on the same page when it comes to fighters and ADC item overlap, which makes it difficult to offer effects that are an appropriate fit for one class, but not the other. Removing ranged crit's not the solution we're trying out however, we feel that does add some important value to the ADC role. What we're looking into instead for fighters are items that:
Are a combination of offensive/defensive effects and therefore generally of noticeably lower appeal to ADCs who want to go full offense (e.g. revised Black Cleaver which has a significant part of its budget spent on health, something fighters are fine with, but ADCs often aren't).
Offer additional rewards when combined with other defensive/partially defensive items ( Atma's Impaler back in the day was an example of this sort of effect. It did have some other issues and so we felt we had to remove it, we believe there may be some variants on the concept that work better however).
Help melee champions engage in a fight, or stick to targets better once in a fight, in ways that aren't as consistently useful or accessible on ranged champions ( Randuin's Omen and Phage are good examples of this category) .
We're currently working on some items using the above approaches, which are intended in part to be good fits on heavy, immobile fighters like Garen, Darius, Udyr etc. More details to follow sometime pretty soon (patch 5.16 or 5.17 at a guess, so potentially hitting PBE 1-3 weeks from now, depending on how the rest of the work goes).

Yaaay, finally, champions of my style get more items to use. I already like Dead Man's Plate for them which is also a potential future item.
He is gonna kill you!!!
BigBoxGamer
<Member>
BigBoxGamer's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2015 2:15pm | Report
Udyr immobile? He has a speed boost that you should use with chilling smite to get the most out of it. What game is meddler playing where Udyr is immobile?
Short Term Goals: Silver/Gold/Platinum || Long Term Goals: Diamond/Master/Challenger
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2015 2:23pm | Report
Udyr is easier to kite than a kite

Thanks to OwenTheAwesomer for the signature =)
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2015 3:06pm | Report
Janitsu wrote:
Udyr is easier to kite than a kite

Udyr is amazing at running away tho

OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2015 3:22pm | Report
Udyr immobile? He has a speed boost that you should use with chilling smite to get the most out of it. What game is meddler playing where Udyr is immobile?

In a game were Riven exists and most bruisers can instantly be on top on an ADC without running means that yes, Udyr is "immobile".

The irony here is now that they are trying not to let bruisers step on ADC's toes, bruisers will only step on other bruisers toes, as buffing immobile bruisers makes mobile ones tread even faster around them, lol.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2015 4:23pm | Report
Or, ADC's become completly unviable and get replaced by Bruiser's as well.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2015 5:10pm | Report
I know how they can fix the non-dashing champs without making the mobile ones better!!!!

Item name: I dream of reaching your carry one day (IDORY COD for short)

If your champion is **** (**** champ: melee and without any type of dash/blink apart from Flash), whenever he runs towards an enemy champ he runs EVEN FASTER.

Stats:

crit chance +5%
attack damage +10
HP + 100

Unique passive "I'm low hp catch me n00b": if your champion has run towards a carry for over 10 seconds without reaching them, you gain +300 movement speed if you run in the opposite direction of enemy units.
Thank you Tsuki for the sig!

OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2015 6:45pm | Report
Hey now, let's not make Udyr insane, Falseo.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2015 1:05am | Report
FalseoGod wrote:
I know how they can fix the non-dashing champs without making the mobile ones better!!!!

Item name: I dream of reaching your carry one day (IDORY COD for short)

If your champion is **** (**** champ: melee and without any type of dash/blink apart from Flash), whenever he runs towards an enemy champ he runs EVEN FASTER.

Stats:

crit chance +5%
attack damage +10
HP + 100

Unique passive "I'm low hp catch me n00b": if your champion has run towards a carry for over 10 seconds without reaching them, you gain +300 movement speed if you run in the opposite direction of enemy units.

Or, how about we give everyone the ability to have flash take up an item slot! I like this choice the most.
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2015 1:46am | Report
FalseoGod wrote:

But WHY.
If you haven't even killed the carry yet turning around is completely pointless so how on earth do you use the passive???
It's literally just an inferior phage and I buy two of them already?!?
Worst theorycraft ever demote this guy pls.

Basically MOBAFire.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 12 16

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide