Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Smart casting better or no?

Creator: cooper56 April 14, 2012 8:00pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2012 2:08am | Report
I set all my spells in key bindings to smart cast for every champ
zzz
shift+spellcasting isn't efficient
Zoki
<Member>
Zoki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2012 7:18am | Report
I use smartcast on burst champs only. I use them on LeBlanc, since you can cast both Q and R extremely quick. I also use smartcast for Ryze and such champs. Exception from burst mages on which I use smartcast is Ezreal.

Defeat is not the worst of failures. Not to have tried is the true failure.
Sigs made by: LaCorpse, jhoijhoi, Katoki, JEFFY40HANDS, The_Nameless_Bard and Sk1llbug
-||- Check out my Master Yi guide -||-
RaNuD
<Member>
RaNuD's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2012 7:44am | Report
123456 = Items
QWER = Smartcast
DF = Summoner spell
ZXCV = Normal cast

Works wonder, and someone stated in a similar thread a few weeks ago that a few pros do use this. It lets you use smartcast when you need it (most of the time) and gives you the reticle those few times you need it.
In a thread about his own ban,
gabpin wrote:
stfu I only did that : swearing and thats why i got ban are u ****** or something ?

In a thread about toxic players,
Go be a whiny baby elsewhere. Find and abuse the ignore button. No sense stinking up this forum with your crying.
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2012 7:46am | Report
I think smart cast is just making the game a little easier. I will not use it. I don't need it to hit the enemy or get my spells of quickly. I think you should learn to fix your mistakes, not find something that completely prevents them. I thought this game was about skill, not letting the computer decide who has the best 'skill-set' and the computer do the work for them.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
Sept
<Member>
Sept's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2012 7:56am | Report
it takes sometime to get used to smartcast there are some heros i can only play with smartcast but just some, i usually dont use smartcast altho imo its better to play with smartcast once you get used to it
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2012 7:57am | Report
Because you have to do less work. It makes the game seem slightly more boring to me.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
Zoki
<Member>
Zoki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2012 8:44am | Report
So killing less is boring? With smartcast you get so much deadlier on champs like LeBlanc. You need to point, click, point, click and so on just to get one combo, meanwhile you can just pres keys an combo will be done like 60% faster. And this is what wins 1v1 matchups when it comes to champs like these.

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
Sigs made by: LaCorpse, jhoijhoi, Katoki, JEFFY40HANDS, The_Nameless_Bard and Sk1llbug
-||- Check out my Master Yi guide -||-
Vitigam
<Member>
Vitigam's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2012 8:48am | Report
I love smart casting.

Some champs, smart-casting is amazing on, like Ryze. I don't like to smart-cast Veigar's Event Horizon, can I can't tell where the margins are. But for most of my champs, I smartcast.
I also smarctast Ignite, I put them to my default keys. Like I put my non-smartcast buttons as Shift + Q, but for smart-cast, I just put them on QWE.

Thanks
Vitigam
Thanks to Arcana3

Check Out All These Peeps Who Make Sigs <3
LaCorpse, Jhoijhoi, Miss Maw, Arcana3
Xiron
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2012 9:00am | Report
You could always turn on range indicators for smartcasting.

You can see the range, and the only downside is a brief delay before casting.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
RaNuD
<Member>
RaNuD's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2012 9:00am | Report
animorte wrote:

I think smart cast is just making the game a little easier. I will not use it. I don't need it to hit the enemy or get my spells of quickly. I think you should learn to fix your mistakes, not find something that completely prevents them. I thought this game was about skill, not letting the computer decide who has the best 'skill-set' and the computer do the work for them.

What in the world does the computer decides? Smartcasting a skillshot means the skillshot will be thrown towards your mouse cursor.
If anything, it makes the game more convenient and somewhat less vulnerable to lags due to the fact you cant f-up your keyboard/mouse click order. It would be like saying playing football with cleats is lame because it makes the game easier...
In a thread about his own ban,
gabpin wrote:
stfu I only did that : swearing and thats why i got ban are u ****** or something ?

In a thread about toxic players,
Go be a whiny baby elsewhere. Find and abuse the ignore button. No sense stinking up this forum with your crying.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide