Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Sustain Changes - A preview by Shurelia

Creator: JunSupport August 15, 2011 8:54pm
Yukimaru
<Member>
Yukimaru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 16, 2011 3:14pm | Report
Temzilla wrote:

Uh, you realize that's a buff to soraka and sona?

And all the "nerfs" are reworks?

Janna isn't a healer, and a nidalee rework is pending.

They are raising the cooldown of heals because they want you to save players as apposed to topping them off.

They want heals to matter, instead of being taken for granted.

They want you to thank someone for a heal, instead of rage at them for not giving you a heal.

u could call Jannas shield a heal IN TEAMFIGHTS, because it blocks 240+(0,9*AP) dmg. Y know in a TEAMFIGHT is no difference if the Ashe autoattacks comes toward ur target,
Soraka heals for XXX and the dmg is enough that the heal saved the life,
or if u shield someone for XXX and the dmg was enough that the "shield" saved the life.

The only difference is in the Laning phase or harass shortly before the Teamfight.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 16, 2011 3:16pm | Report
Temzilla wrote:

Uh, you realize that's a buff to soraka and sona?

And all the "nerfs" are reworks?

Janna isn't a healer, and a nidalee rework is pending.

They are raising the cooldown of heals because they want you to save players as apposed to topping them off.

They want heals to matter, instead of being taken for granted.

They want you to thank someone for a heal, instead of rage at them for not giving you a heal.

1) Bull.

2) Bull. Riot reworks = nerfs. Except maybe the Ryze one.

3) I'm aware Janna isn't a healer, that's the only reason she isn't being nerfed.

4) Then why did they nerf the amount healed from Sona, and add a completely insignificant amount to Soraka's while doubling its' cooldown?

5) Again, if they want that why did they nerf heal amounts?

6) Never going to happen, this is LoL and people are ******ed.
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 16, 2011 3:24pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

Yeah, GP wasn't op as **** with new passive or anything.

No, she's a support, and they aren't nerfing/changing supports, they are changing healers.

They also doubled her armor/mr buff, and soraka got a HEAVY increase in all her AP ratios and her heal got a huge buff in terms of the armor buff and the amount healed went up a bit. And like i said earlier, they are trying to move away from topping people off and more towards saving people.

They heavily buffed the affects tied to the heal, most of them having to do with mitigation, which will very much help in the "saving" department, while hurting the healers in the sustain department.

It was a figure of speech lol.
Tri lane for life.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 16, 2011 3:30pm | Report
Temzilla wrote:

Yeah, GP wasn't op as **** with new passive or anything.

No, she's a support, and they aren't nerfing/changing supports, they are changing healers.

They also doubled her armor/mr buff, and soraka got a HEAVY increase in all her AP ratios and her heal got a huge buff in terms of the armor buff and the amount healed went up a bit. And like i said earlier, they are trying to move away from topping people off and more towards saving people.

They heavily buffed the affects tied to the heal, most of them having to do with mitigation, which will very much help in the "saving" department, while hurting the healers in the sustain department.

It was a figure of speech lol.

1) Riot didn't call that one a rework, as far as I know. The original Gangplank change where his deny was removed was called a rework, and was a massive nerf (from what I heard, anyway)

2) That's what I said.

3) No, they doubled it for 3 seconds and ONLY on Sona and the target hit by her heal (which is chosen for you anyway), that is nowhere near enough to justify nuking the healing effect that badly. Soraka got like 25 more heal, that's nothing at all. Her AP ratios were actually nerfed, at least on her heals. No one really cares about AP ratios on her offensive spells, because no one takes Soraka for her damage anyway, and she's rarely built AP in the first place. I guess the armour buff on it is good though.

4) You said earlier (and I read Shurelia saying this on the LoL forums too) about Riot trying to encourage feeling epic when saving someone and being thanked; no one is going to do either from an armour buff. If they see a healthbar shooting up just high enough to save them, they're a lot more likely to.

I'm fine with nerfing supports lane sustain, but they need to give (meaningful) buffs in other areas to compensate. No one cares about AP ratio buffs on Soraka's Q and E, and Sona wasn't compensated at all.
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 16, 2011 3:37pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

4) You said earlier about feeling epic when saving someone and being thanked; no one is going to do either from an armour buff. If they see a healthbar shooting up just high enough to save them, they're a lot more likely to.

Well, lets look at it this way.

1 armor is equal to 1% effective health.

Effectively, a 125 armor buff, and a 200 heal on a target with 2000 health, is like healing the target for 2700 hp.

A 300 heal with 80 armor is a 1900 hp heal.

Soraka's Heal got a huge buff to healing, and the cooldown was doubled to make it feel like more of a burst heal instead of a "top off" heal.

Also, it was a figure of speech, i don't care how people feel about my heals.
Tri lane for life.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 16, 2011 3:42pm | Report
Temzilla wrote:

Well, lets look at it this way.

1 armor is equal to 1% effective health.

Effectively, a 125 armor buff, and a 200 heal on a target with 2000 health, is like healing the target for 2700 hp.

A 300 heal with 80 armor is a 1900 hp heal.

Soraka's Heal got a huge buff to healing, and the cooldown was doubled to make it feel like more of a burst heal instead of a "top off" heal.

Also, it was a figure of speech, i don't care how people feel about my heals.

The problem is that the players are not going to notice that they've been given an armour buff. Seeing your healthbar go up in the middle of a fight is much, much more noticable than your armour going up.

You're also assuming that the target in question is only being damaged by AD champions.

I'm actually fine with the cooldown change, but since it has more or less the same healing amount it won't feel any different to how it does now, apart from you only being able to use it half as often. I guess they could improve the heal further, but that might be a little too much with the armour buff.

I just question Riot's logic of trying to make heals feel more epic by improving the side-effect buffs that nobody ever notices, while nerfing (on Sona) or barely changing (on Soraka) the heal amount that everyone notices.

I can't be bothered to write another wall of text, so I guess we'll just see how it turns out.
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 16, 2011 3:47pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

The problem is that the players are not going to notice that they've been given an armour buff. Seeing your healthbar go up in the middle of a fight is much, much more noticable than your armour going up.

You're also assuming that the target in question is only being damaged by AD champions.

I'm actually fine with the cooldown change, but since it has more or less the same healing amount it won't feel any different to how it does now, apart from you only being able to use it half as often. I guess they could improve the heal further, but that might be a little too much with the armour buff.

I just question Riot's logic of trying to make heals feel more epic by improving the side-effect buffs that nobody ever notices.

The healer notices the effects, and the healer is the one who needs to feel epic.

I dunno really, it might fail for all i know.

I just don't agree with calling it a nerf, since it's more of an overall change of how healing works.

Soraka will still be just as good of a support.
Tri lane for life.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 16, 2011 4:06pm | Report
my god people.

riot doesn't like the way heals work and they change it. big deal its riots game they can change whatever they want.

you can all cry and moan about it but you all will still be playing come the day after the patch.

deal with it.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 16, 2011 4:13pm | Report
caucheka wrote:

my god people.

riot doesn't like the way heals work and they change it. big deal its riots game they can change whatever they want.

you can all cry and moan about it but you all will still be playing come the day after the patch.

deal with it.

No one's crying, it's a discussion. I never said I'd stop playing.

Assuming you meant me, otherwise, ignore this post. :P
Barman5000
<Member>
Barman5000's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 16, 2011 4:24pm | Report
this was needed big time. as a avid Taric/Sona player I truly believe this is for the better of the game
Big thanks to wRAthoFVuLK

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide