Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Tanks: What do you base your final score on?

Creator: kmododragonNM October 15, 2011 10:02am
kmododragonNM
<Member>
kmododragonNM's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2011 3:36pm | Report
Cho'gath is not actually a tank, and that ability is one of the reasons why. A good tank has a taunt (the most important), a shield, and some kind of low damage or health steal/regen. Champions like Garen cannot make effective tanks because of the abilites they have.

In my experience, I have stolen several kills. But most of the time you want to assist in a kill, so that your carries can level up to do more damage, and so on.
Sacull_Kinslayer
<Member>
Sacull_Kinslayer's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2011 4:00pm | Report
A tank doesn't need a taunt, if that was so that would mean there are only 2 viable tanks in the game. A tank needs a good initiate, usually needs a shield, CC, and a way to protect his/her carries. Cho doesn't have a shield but he does have tons of health. And he has a lot of CC. And is a good initiator. He can tank. He is a mean AP Tank. And with his NOMNOMNOM he does insane damage to a single target. Is it KSing? I wouldn't worry about it if you are building stacks. Or if you secured a kill against a carry. Securing a quick kill on a high priority target is another way to protect your carries.

Hmmm does his spikes activate Rylai's slow? Interesting thought...
Did I manage to assist you in any way? Hook me up by hitting that nifty +Rep button.

All guides have been archived due to my not being able to play LoL currently. The information is still there and is good but until I return they will be archived. I am able to keep them updated and current though.

Vladimir's Blood Resource. Designed for beginner's and beyond.
Vladimir's Blood Resource: Post Nerf Edition.
The Exemplar of Tanking: Jarvan IV .

Making a Guide by jhoijhoi This is everything you need to know about making a guide. Amazing.

...and Buffy staked Edward. The End.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2011 4:04pm | Report

Cho'gath is not actually a tank, and that ability is one of the reasons why. A good tank has a taunt (the most important), a shield, and some kind of low damage or health steal/regen. Champions like Garen cannot make effective tanks because of the abilites they have.

In my experience, I have stolen several kills. But most of the time you want to assist in a kill, so that your carries can level up to do more damage, and so on.

Apparently I've had it all wrong all along :/

See I thought Cho, Singed, and Amumu were pretty cool tanks but I guess not :/
Cervance
<Member>
Cervance's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2011 4:08pm | Report

This makes Sion the best tank in the game imo
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2011 4:26pm | Report
No, he doesn't have a taunt.

According to the shield and taunt logic, Rammus and Shen are the only tanks in the game. Rammus barely counts because it's not actually a shield.

So actually, Shen is the only tank in the game.
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2011 4:31pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

According to the shield and taunt logic, Rammus and Shen are the only tanks in the game. Rammus barely counts because it's not actually a shield.

Better nerf Irelia.

Khazem
<King of the Hill>
Khazem's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2011 4:34pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

don't forget hexdrinker Twitch

dat global taunt
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2011 4:34pm | Report
Mundo taunts who he pleases.

Sacull_Kinslayer
<Member>
Sacull_Kinslayer's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2011 4:35pm | Report
Teemo is the best tank hands down. His global taunt > Twitch's.
Did I manage to assist you in any way? Hook me up by hitting that nifty +Rep button.

All guides have been archived due to my not being able to play LoL currently. The information is still there and is good but until I return they will be archived. I am able to keep them updated and current though.

Vladimir's Blood Resource. Designed for beginner's and beyond.
Vladimir's Blood Resource: Post Nerf Edition.
The Exemplar of Tanking: Jarvan IV .

Making a Guide by jhoijhoi This is everything you need to know about making a guide. Amazing.

...and Buffy staked Edward. The End.
kmododragonNM
<Member>
kmododragonNM's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2011 4:52pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

lol. sorry. I have been playing with Shen, and based by my experience with other tanks, he is the best one in the game. But not all tanks have to have the abilities I described. A taunt is definitely a great asset, but a grab (like Amumu's) works well too. A shield is something that a tank should have in my strong belief. I simply mean to say that the most effective tanks seem to have this sort of ability. (A tank should be able to take damage for his teammate, and a lot of it too. Taunts are the best way to do this.)

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide