Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Team/Lane Composition Thread

Creator: Alahric September 17, 2011 5:12am
1 2 3
Alahric
<Ancient Member>
Alahric's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2011 5:12am | Report
I'm sure most of you have had a successful lane, so I figured; why not make an offical lane/team composition thread? Despite having made on in the past, I can't seem to find it. So I hope the moderators don't punch me in the face for wanting a less spesific thread. Anyway, I'll be sure to quote all the suggestions to the following question:

What is your favorite team/lane composition?
AFKwithyoursister's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2011 5:22am | Report
Jax and Singed - Amumu and Xin Zhao - Soraka and Renekton

Duo queue with one other friend a lot. These combos hardly ever go wrong.

Fearless bush diving

Maphis
<Member>
Maphis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2011 5:46am | Report
Caithlyn + Taric, chain stun into kill 90% of the time on any champion.
Joobieo#41288
<Member>
Joobieo#41288's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2011 5:59am | Report
Taric + Vayne
Current Solo Q Elo = 1405+
Active United States Marine
Malzahar - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Kassadin - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
letsgoROSH
<Member>
letsgoROSH's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2011 8:19am | Report
There are so many possibilities... Janna + Pantheon --- Blitzcrank + Xin Zhao --- vayne + [[poppy is good for pubstomping --- Taric + anyone that can deal damage and has some CC
Want an awesome Phoenix Udyr jungle guide? CLICK HERE

Also, if I helped you out, don't forget to +Rep me! :)
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2011 8:31am | Report
My favorite lane comp (to play as) is:

Heimerdinger + Caitlyn
Heimer starts with Meki Pendant, Cait starts with Regrowth Pendant

Why?

1. Techmaturgical Repair Bots
-Effectively a second regrowth pendant by level4. Caitlyn never has to go b, except after winning fights and pushing the lane. Sona and Soraka can take a hike, Heimerdinger health regen support es #1.

2. Yordle Snap Trap + H-28G Evolution Turret
-Turrets can't be approached due to traps
-If traps go off, they eat grenades and peacemakers in the face
-Even the junglers can't approach due to the creative trap + turret placement

3. 650 AA-range + Hextech Micro-Rockets
-Enemy last-hits? I don't think so

4. CH-1 Concussion Grenade counters enemy AD ranged carry.

1 + 2 + 3 + 4 = Military power FTW!
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2011 9:07am | Report
Assuming you're not playing against a comp like Brand+Taric there Jun, Heimer fanboy to the extreme, I have yet to see you play him in an inhouse :P....

Either way I've always enjoyed double stun lanes. But Alistar+Vayne is just ridiculous, EASY stun combo with a good Alistar and proper positioning. Send you to the turret, Condemn you into it. OMNOMNOM easy kills all day.
JunSupport
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2011 9:20am | Report
And what stupid game are you in where the enemy team sends Brand bottom with the support?

Alistar and Blitzcrank are sure-fire success laners. It's just a question of who wants to get fed that goes and lanes with one of the two.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2011 9:39am | Report
...I wasn't in the game, but hey ya know the Pros use it and do well. But what do I know? Chain stuns aren't that useful right? Nor is Brand's high damage with an amazing passive as icing on the cake..I mean really; long range AoE+2 Stuns can't do anything against a ranged AD champ like Cait or Ashe.....

What stupid game were you in where they send a ranged AD bot with Heimerdinger? I mean what game were you in where people used Heimer at all unless they were trolling? Either way Heimer would **** with the AD carries farm in such a way that, sure you could win the lane, but your AD carry will be looking at less than 100 CS ~10 minutes in. Not a great stat when the carry should be one of your highest CS in the game. Heimer would better serve solo top, or mid IMO. It would provide the best synergy for the team rather than complicating a lane. Team synergy>lane control. You can lose lanes but win teamfights and shift the momentum, or you could dominate your lane but have ~2 champs under itemized and then lose every team fight and watch your team get pushed back all day long.

Heimer is somewhat like Mordekaiser, REALLY can't benefit the WHOLE TEAM in a duo lane. His CSing capabilities are monsterous. Once again, not saying it doesn't work, I believe you that it does. But, it's not optimal. (At least for this meta which is shifting constantly)
JunSupport
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2011 11:40am | Report
If you want chain stuns, then combo to go with is Taric + Caitlyn
Dazzle -> drop Yordle Snap Trap beneath target -> Easy first blood

Vayne works too, but she relies on walls.

Heimer + Cait is an attrition combo. They'll build a perimeter, and wear you down safely from behind "the enemy line" and you either have to take it or be starved of gold/exp.

And FYI: Heimerdinger was originally intended to be a support-style champ. Techmaturgical Repair Bots is an aura for a reason. He can still be played as an AP mage support too, you just have to know how to do it. :P
Supports weren't babysitters back then, they were meant to simply suppose to the squishy mage that added unique utility to the team.

Heimerdinger is nothing like Mordekaiser, except in that they both have excellent farming capabilities.

Mordekaiser can actually carry a team with his damage output. (If you get Children of the Grave off on the right target, you basically match your team's ranged-ad in late-game dps) And even when he's not, he acts as a giant meatball that absorbs heavy amounts of damage and shrugging most of it off. (Once farmed, and idk how he is now exactly with the nerfs)

Heimerdinger is good at inserting creep-control into fights and applying debuff support; but otherwise has no merits. (Team fight starts, you have to come in late, drop turrets -> use ult, toss grenade (hopefully, landing a stun on someone), fire rockets, slap Zhonya's, and let the chaos unfold)
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>

1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide