Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

The New Cassiopeia

Creator: Electro522 September 11, 2014 1:44am
1 2
Electro522
<Guide Critic>
Electro522's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2014 1:44am | Report
So, just for fun, and since she is free this week, I thought I would try out Cassiopeia on a private bot game. I decided to build a standard mage build, but with Archangel's Staff since she can be mana heavy if you tend to screw up her combos.

This was my build: Rabadon's Deathcap, Void Staff, Seraph's Embrace (I made it go to late game), Zhonya's Hourglass, Sorcerer's Shoes, and Rylai's Crystal Scepter.

Yes, Rylai's isnt typically a normal mage item, but I wanted to build a real game build with her, and something like Deathfire Grasp just doesn't really work on her. Cass is more about sustained damage, and not burst. Although, if you get to late game, that sustained damage certainly feels like burst damage.

With that entire build, 400 stacks on her passive (which is surprisingly more easy to get then I thought it would be, even in a bot game), and an Elixir of Brilliance (yes, I enjoy taking these bot games to very late game); I had a combined total of 1135 ABILITY POWER!!!!!!!!!!!

There is only one other champion I can think of that can even achieve that amount of ability power, and that's Veigar with his infinite stacking AP, but it would take him FOREVER to reach it. I got this on Cass in about 30 minutes on a bot game. In a good PvP match, I might be able to hit it within 50 minutes.

I imagine that if someone can get really good on her, Archangel's Staff wont be needed due to the mana return on her E, and you could probably switch it out with Deathfire Grasp just for the AP and CDR it gives (not really the active). With that on, you could easily surpass the 1300 AP mark (I believe. It is an estimate).

Everyone has said that even the old Cass had the potential to have the highest potential damage in the game, IF you can work around her difficult gameplay. I will admit, Riot did not make her any easier. Her Q and W are hard to land, and if you don't hit the right target with your E, you lose out on a ton of damage. Not to mention, even her ultimate is a bit odd to work with. But GOOD GOD that damage! I might consider buying her now.
Yes, that is Morgana. A thank you to Ubnoxius for this sig!
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2014 4:52am | Report
Don't get the DFG on her and get a Liandry.

As for Cass as she is now: Q is harder to land, needs to max E to deal 1v1 commit damage or max Q to harass, can't do both. Old cass could max Q and soften you really fast. They did mention they might look at her numbers though.

Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2014 9:49am | Report
Q is easier to land.

Damage was absoutely gutted across the board. It takes so many more Twin Fangs than it used to it feels almost pointless

New passive seems interesting, but the ramp up time is kind of long. Seems like it would take ~35-40 minutes to get 400 stacks which is pretty ridiculous. The numbers are definitely off and need some tuning so she isn't so weak early and mid game. I understand they want her to have a late game build, but she needs to be relevant mid game too. She plays much smoother than before, ult is still pretty gimmicky though it feels slightly better, Q is easier to land.

Build path: Seraph's Embrace seems to be the way to go. Rabadon's Deathcap is core

Liandry's Torment definitely got hit, because she isn't Q-poke reliant as much as she used to, still seems worth the slot though. I'm not sure if Rylai's Crystal Scepter is still worth a slot.

I tried out Will of the Ancient's + Spirit Visage last night because of her new passive. Doesn't seem all that great, it might be good with Rylais in a more kite oriented build, but then you lose out on damage. I need to play her more though
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2014 11:52am | Report
Mooninites wrote:

I tried out Will of the Ancient's + Spirit Visage last night because of her new passive. Doesn't seem all that great, it might be good with Rylais in a more kite oriented build, but then you lose out on damage. I need to play her more though

It does a lot of healing. I tried it with Gunblade instead of WotA, and the chasing power is real strong with the resets from Twin Fang.
TheKut
<Member>
TheKut's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2014 12:26pm | Report
I was also thinking about top lane Cassiopeia. She can sustain her mana really easily with her new Twin Fang, she will mostly meet a melee so she can stack more easily and even though she will be vulnerable to ganks before level 6 she can disengage a fight very well after that.
Zordagoth
<Member>
Zordagoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2014 12:40pm | Report
Rylai's Crystal Scepter is still really good on her, cos it makes you hard to escape as well as giving 100 Ap and 400 hp which is pretty nice imo.

I still think this healing is really too strong late game :/
Mooninites
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2014 1:26pm | Report
Lugignaf wrote:

It does a lot of healing. I tried it with Gunblade instead of WotA, and the chasing power is real strong with the resets from Twin Fang.

I feel like WotA would be better in pretty much every scenario. 80 AP is much better because of her 10/30% scaling and on top of death cap.

TheKut wrote:
I was also thinking about top lane Cassiopeia. She can sustain her mana really easily with her new Twin Fang, she will mostly meet a melee so she can stack more easily and even though she will be vulnerable to ganks before level 6 she can disengage a fight very well after that.

She's way too vulnerable to ganks to be played top lane, even post 6. I really don't think she'd do that well against bruisers anyway.

Zordagoth wrote:
Rylai's Crystal Scepter is still really good on her, cos it makes you hard to escape as well as giving 100 Ap and 400 hp which is pretty nice imo.

I still think this healing is really too strong late game :/

It's not that Rylai's is bad, it's probably still realy good on her, but is it worth an item slot?

Rabadon's Deathcap, Seraph's Embrace, Sorcerer's Shoes, Liandry's Torment, Void Staff all seem core on her. Would Rylai's be that 6th item or does she need something like GA/Banshee's? Idk it just seems like Liandry's and Rylai's took a hit because she isn't as Q-poke oriented as she used to be

It also depends on Twin Fang. I know at one point E was considered a "multi-target" spell, so it applied the weaker version of Rylai's slow. They made it considered single target a couple months back if it still remains single target (aka applying 35% vs. 15% of multi) then it might be worth
Zordagoth
<Member>
Zordagoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 12, 2014 4:01am | Report
Well I don't like Liandry's Torment on her anymore cos she can't poke as well as she could before so yeah, it's worth a slot imo
Mooninites
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 12, 2014 10:07am | Report
Zordagoth wrote:
Well I don't like Liandry's Torment on her anymore cos she can't poke as well as she could before so yeah, it's worth a slot imo

I doubt Rlyai's is worth it if you opt out of Liandry's.
Lady Amelyne
<Member>
Lady Amelyne's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2014 2:15pm | Report
I dunno, I feel like the new Cass is weaker. I mean, Riot made her more defined by making her more reliant on her E for damage, but she does less damage until it's like 50 minutes into the game.
Credits go to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide