Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Vayne

Creator: Spaceycoww January 4, 2012 8:08pm
44 posts - page 5 of 5
1 2 3 4 5
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 6, 2012 1:01pm | Report
It does matter if the enemy can farm. That always matters.

I see your points but don't view them from the same standpoint.

And if anything the jungle rework hurt maxing silver bolts more than anything, because going aggro just means you ganked constantly.

Olaf saw the same issues, and to be fair I hadn't previously considered that effect for the bot lane as well.

I'm kinda just feeling like bot lane should be a fat kill lane like Goose's Jarvan/Leona thing anyway. Bored of the AFK farm meta, time for a new one :P
Khazem
<King of the Hill>
Khazem's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 6, 2012 1:13pm | Report
I guess in the end it just depends on playstyle
I just feel going agressive on Vayne is very high risk high reward so I prefer to play her a little more passive and focus on farming up to stomp late game
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 6, 2012 3:18pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

*Face palm*

Double Lift is an AFK farmer. He is content to farm and let his opposition farm. I'm sure he does skill that way.

And to be honest, with the new jungle and how often you can get ganked, it probably doesn't play out 100% the way it did before, but in every tournament I have recently seen, the one in China and a few other more recent ones, Silver Bolts was always maxed first. If you've seen a more recent one, let me know which one it was so I can watch it myself and tell you what I think of it.

Most carries can burst harder than a bolt proc but they can't out damage it over the course of a lane if you do it properly.

And in those lanes, you just drop points into bolts and kill them at level 9 when your damage is too good. (Unless you are being DIRECTLY countered, of course.)

This ^^ only, u kill them at 6 where ur damage peaks :D

i like what goose did, and how they did it very succesfully. The thing is just, early offence bot-line causes even more afk-farm from the enemy side. Everyone seeing a leona/jarvan bot-lane from now on is gonna be scared to death and just afk-farm until the jungler ganks. Then get a double kill.
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 6, 2012 3:38pm | Report
Khazem wrote:

I guess in the end it just depends on playstyle
I just feel going agressive on Vayne is very high risk high reward so I prefer to play her a little more passive and focus on farming up to stomp late game

I agree but you don't really go kill them until around level 7 or 9+

I view Vayne like Akali. Lots of damage and threat potential in skills means that those risks are worth taking and you generally can get big even just off assists.

If you passively farm, your enemy can stomp you late game too. I prefer to cut them off mid game and stomp them earlier.

Quoted:

Everyone seeing a leona/jarvan bot-lane from now on is gonna be scared to death and just afk-farm until the jungler ganks. Then get a double kill.

Not exactly.

Forcing a jungle to gank a tanky lane like that where he might not even get kills is not a bad thing. That's map control.

Otherwise squishies get murdered.
1 2 3 4 5

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide