Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

volibear is a bad name

Creator: chinaboy96 November 24, 2011 5:06am
1 2
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 24, 2011 11:10am | Report
Rozsud3k wrote:

Nobody gets the joke.

Volibear is named after the Riot Producer, Volibar, who came up with the idea of armored bears.

what he said lol

just like Tryndamere named after the President, Nocturne after Nocturne, and Ezreal after Ezreal.

They do this a lot, and believe it or not, the champs are named after the people, not nice versa.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 24, 2011 5:26pm | Report
Thanks to Fatelblade for the sig!
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 24, 2011 8:11pm | Report
EvilDice wrote:

To be honest, I like the dota/hon style of naming champions better than LoLs. In dota he'd probably just be named armored bear.

I don't think it's the way they name the champions, I think it's the way the community names the champions.

For instance - Magina, the Anti-Mage. Has both name components, just like LoL, but the community calls him Anti-mage, or AM for short.

I may be wrong, but this is what I gathered from listening to the DotA2 tournament (where I think they touched on the subject).
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide