Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Well I finally reached my goal in Solo Q! ^^...

Creator: Considereth May 26, 2011 2:06pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Dotter
<Member>
Dotter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 27, 2011 1:33am | Report
I just seem to be stuck around 1200 atm.. x)
It's sad to see how some people keep going solo, even though the enemy team is roaming the map for easy kills. They don't put wards in their lane, only to be ganked over and over, they try to towerdive a Malphite with full HP only to give him a doublekill.. Geez, I simply must learn to carry like a baoss.. :D
Melarith
<Member>
Melarith's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 27, 2011 4:07am | Report
:O Grats Considereth!

ELO hell doesn't exist.
ELO Hell is the concept of being so low that you can't carry yourself out of it.

I've been at 980 ELO. Now I'm at 1.5-1.6K-ish.
The purpose of Shen is to flip out and kill people.
- Phreak
Joobieo#41288
<Member>
Joobieo#41288's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 27, 2011 4:54am | Report
A common mistake is everyone thinks they should ' carry ' themsevles out of this ELO. You also have to keep in mind to play the other roles, not everyone can play a carry role.
Current Solo Q Elo = 1405+
Active United States Marine
Malzahar - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Kassadin - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Melarith
<Member>
Melarith's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 27, 2011 5:12am | Report
Carrying a team =/= playing a carry --.--

I've carried boatloads of games as Janna, for instance, or Nidalee.
The purpose of Shen is to flip out and kill people.
- Phreak
Dotter
<Member>
Dotter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 27, 2011 5:27am | Report
I do not only play carries, most of my games have been with Malphite, Mundo and Jarvan. It's just hard to tank for an unreliable team, but I often end up having to play tank because other people refuse to. It's not that big a problem, I'm having fun playing, so the ELO doesn't mean that much to me. But it's hard no to be a little competitive while playing ranked.
Pwnzor1130
<Member>
Pwnzor1130's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 27, 2011 7:19am | Report
I play whatever the team needs (though I prefer carries) and get HUGE KDA. I'm not even kidding, both my ranked average KDA on annie and ashe are greater than 8:1. Still trying to carry slowly out of my elo bracket. I reached 900 a few days ago and then I had a streak of teams go full ****** after 10 minutes D:. I guess I need to start over again from 849. QQ

Thanks to The Nameless Bard and Vavena for the sigs!
fifolek
<Member>
fifolek's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 27, 2011 7:27am | Report
just a little question, how do you carry a team when fiddle goes jungle, dies, is still lvl 1 when you reach lvl 8 and when he ends up 0/12 after 20 minuts? btw he didnt do it on purpose he was just that bad. or an irealia that says "solo top, im pro" and goes 0/6 and then leaves the game?
i'd like to know how you carry such a game

point is, people always say if you are better elo then you can do this, but heh they dont think about the enemies, they arent ******ed (atleast in some games) so they wont let you carry your team 4vs5 (most of the times i say) in some cases it is 4vs6 :P

but anyways im good with my 1400+ elo, hope i'll keep it
Miraisen
<Member>
Miraisen's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 27, 2011 7:31am | Report
I'm guessing you can't carry yourself on individual games, it's just a slow process.

Still, congrats on getting to your goal, you're inspiring me to do the same!
Miraisen - US
In ninjas we trust...
Riggsinator
<Member>
Riggsinator's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 27, 2011 8:01am | Report
The whole +Gold items idea is brilliant. I've been doing it on and off for a while and it works great.
Why does it work?
It works because:
A) People tend to tower hug hard.
B) People play extremely defensive usually in solo ranked. (I find)
C) Sometimes you have to play extremely defensive.
D) Often times people just flat out wont buy wards so it's up to you. The gold items help you make up that lost gold of being the only warder.
E) Sometimes you get zoned.
F) Sometimes theres lulls in the game where the other team is all missing and you can't farm, so you're stuck sitting in bushes and waiting and not getting gold.
G) Sometimes people don't realize that constantly getting kills as a tank (i.e. Cho with feast) is not a good idea over letting that last 10% health be taken by an AP or AD carry.
"Thats a paddlin'"
Considereth
<Member>
Considereth's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 27, 2011 9:35am | Report
Thanks xLiqur, Dotter, and Dante Rebellion. Renekton is ok if you can depend on your team to do some good deeps. He just falls off in damage which is why I do not play him as much as I used too. I think he got overnerfed in my opinion. As for Malp and Mundo, I do not feel like they are strong picks at all. However, Jarvan is a super strong pick. I think you should just play the hell out of Jarvan in ranked and see if that increases your chances. Because Jarvan can do great damage and tank extremely well whereas Malphite can just tank and Mundo gets shutdown too easily.

As for Xin, he is in a good spot. I've been playing him myself in ranked with great success, he is extremely strong right now. All you need is Black Cleaver and then go straight tank because BC damage2good on Xin.

Thanks Melarith. I'm in favor of people playing what they are good at always. They should ask before anyone picks if they can go "full in the blank".

As for "carrying". All I know is if I get a solo lane with Irelia, Renekton, Xin, or a good duo down bottom with Poppy my chances of winning are a lot higher. I'm currently working on mastering Jarvan because he is so strong. Zep, you were right btw. He is better than Irelia lol.

fifolek, you gotta accept the fact that some games no matter how well you play you will lose because of bad players. Its part of ranked. :(

Pwnzor1130, you just have to wait for the winning break through where you win like 4 or 5 games in a row. Keep at it!

Riggsinator, yeah they are great. I get Phil Stone + Heart of Gold on Irelia every game. I get heart of gold on Xin and Renekton too. I will sometimes get it on Olaf but he needs wriggles as soon as possible and you want to rush heart of gold as soon as possible too so its kind of hard with him. xD

Special thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the banner!

The higher your structure is to be, the deeper must be its foundation. - Augustine
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide