Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Well I finally reached my goal in Solo Q! ^^...

Creator: Considereth May 26, 2011 2:06pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Considereth
<Member>
Considereth's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2011 2:06pm | Report
I finally reached my goal of 1600 ELO:

This was one of the most craziest games I've played in awhile. Basically everyone was dying on both sides. It was like 15 and 15 within 18 minutes of the game. I laned against Jax and he was running Dyrus's Jax setup with AD marks and quits making it extremely hard to last hit because he could take about 40% of my life with just Leap + Empowered even though I ran cloth armor + 5 health potions and flat armor seals. The cheese build is great, I've done it myself. You will almost always win your lane. Anyways, we manage to kill Amu a few times early game, you can see him raging in the chat, and put us ahead early game. However, their jax started to really get fed off the team fights so it was a close game the whole time. Good thing we had Poppy who basically hard-counters miss + twitch and the fact that irelia destroys squishy range carries making the team fights in our favor. Blitz was laning his grabs and CC like a monster while Nunu was being Nunu. Vlad did the AP deeps because Vlad2Good. Anyways, we got baron and pushed to win shortly after making it GG. One of the funniest games I've had in awhile and it was my 1600 elo win. :)

Here is my Ranked stats as of now:

Special thanks to Evildice for being my Co-Carry through solo q! Also special thanks to Adonikam for the fact that his team always wins.

Now lets talk about ELO HELL:

First off, I spent a lot of time in ELO HELL. I spent most of my ranked games at ELO Hell, around 200 games or so. I do not know of anyone else who has spent as much time as myself down there. I came from 800 ELO in solo q. So why was I in 800-1200 elo for a long time? Mainly because I deserved to be there. If you are complaining about ELO hell you should stop and examine yourself. Am I last hitting? Am I winning my lane always? Am I making smart calls for my team? Am I picking champions my team needs? Am I warding the map? Am I calling Mias? Am I trying to be as helpful and nice as possible?

If I was to ask myself those truthfully when I first started playing ranked, I would of failed most of them. I didn't know what last hitting was, I didn't ward the map, I didn't make calls for my team/talk to them, and I certainly didn't keep from raging out at anyone who was doing horrible that wasn't me. Yes, you will lose games because you have bad players but you should ride the fail train. Ride the fail train and try to improve each and every game. Be truthful with yourself. I know I'm not the best player and do not deserve to be 2000 elo but I'm working on it. If you are in ELO hell and cannot carry yourself out you need to improve your game, period. No excuse, man up and get better. That is the best advice I can give you.

I also suggest getting good with a certain champion type. I didn't really start to take off in elo until I decided to master a certain type of champion, for me it was offtank anti-carry. You need to find the role that fits your personal. For myself, I love to pick fights and be the first/second one in with my tank. I love to be in their face and whacking them down with my huge axe or hammer or what have you. I like to make one person life a living hell, namely the carry, and stick on them like glue each and every team fight. Its good to be decent at all roles but the jack of all trades never went as far as the master of one.

If you have someone who you can trust to play well, duo q with them. Your winning chances will increase dramatically because that is one more person you can count on. Watching streams of high elo will help you to understand the game better as well. All of this I recommend.

Special thanks to Mobafire for the help in making me a better player. I remember when I first release my Olaf guide on here. I can honestly say now that it was horrible at the start but I got such good feedback on how to make it better that I can say it is one of the best Olaf guide currently available. I also want to thank the community for being so nice and putting up with my constant trolling. GG u mobafirers! ^^

Special thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the banner!

The higher your structure is to be, the deeper must be its foundation. - Augustine
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2011 2:16pm | Report
gratz :D

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2011 2:21pm | Report
Yay! Congrats on reaching your goal =) You've come a long way from 800 to 1600.
Zeprido is currently:Online
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
You can always call me Zep for short =D
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
AnIh
<Member>
AnIh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2011 2:24pm | Report
800 games to have a decent rating , you just resumed the main issue of ranked games
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2011 2:41pm | Report
Congrats. Beat Xai. :D
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2011 2:42pm | Report
AnIh wrote:

800 games to have a decent rating , you just resumed the main issue of ranked games

Not really, Considereth improved in both self play, team play, micro and macro management over time. This shows that the system does work.
Zeprido is currently:Online
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
You can always call me Zep for short =D
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
Xiaowiriamu
<Veteran>
Xiaowiriamu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2011 2:49pm | Report
Good job well deserved.

and AnIh what are you talking about.

Its clear Considereth has fought through his way (ELO Hell) to finally get to a decent rating, now hopefully over time he'll reach his potential and an elo he truly deserves.

I for one have 1510 rating 1000 ranked and i definitely don't deserve that, I've crashed many times in ranked causing me to slump down lower and lower into the abyss. Nevertheless you'll soon reach the ELO you're capable off...

I know a lot of people who were 1700+ ELO in their first 100 games, however... after 150 more ranked they're unrated. Thats either they got lucky in their first games (which ar ethe most important as you get higher rating), they don't deserve it (as the games are too hard) or... their team is uncarriable (is tht a word?) and they go down because of that.
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2011 2:52pm | Report
Considereth, all I've gotta say is that I'm proud of you. You and I, we gotta help represent the semi-competitive scene of MOBAFire.

Do Work Son.
Joobieo#41288
<Member>
Joobieo#41288's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2011 3:08pm | Report
I love the advice, but it seems more times than not being in this ELO hell it just doesn't help.

Like last night for example I was carrying with Malz but our Vayne just wouldn't stick with us would solo push lanes would walk in their forest and was actually trying his hardest to do well but its just not enough sometimes and this is the only game I've ever seen that I'm actually frustrated with to a point of no return lol.
Current Solo Q Elo = 1405+
Active United States Marine
Malzahar - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Kassadin - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Considereth
<Member>
Considereth's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2011 4:49pm | Report
Thanks wrath and zeprido!

AnIh, I know for myself I did deserve to be 800-1200 for my first 200 or so games of ranked. I was not that good. When I developed skills I was able to carry out of it. I got to 1500 by myself and only recently decide to pair with Evildice. You can carry by yourself, its just a lot harder.

Indeed Jebus, but he will be 1600 elo soon enough if he keeps at it. :)

Yeah Xiao, if you are able to get off to a good start it really does help. I suppose their are people in ELO Hell that do not deserve to be there as much as their is High ELO people who do not deserve to be there as well. :)

Thanks Xaioli! I'm waiting for you to join me in the 1600 club. ^^

I had a teemo do that the other day who was 1520 elo. Their are bad people in every elo bracket, you just have to ride that fail train like I said. xD

Special thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the banner!

The higher your structure is to be, the deeper must be its foundation. - Augustine
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide