Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Well I finally reached my goal in Solo Q! ^^...

Creator: Considereth May 26, 2011 2:06pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Wintermond
<Member>
Wintermond's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 27, 2011 9:38am | Report
Congrats Consid! :D

El Psy Congroo.

|You can't spell slaughter without laughter.|

Riggsinator
<Member>
Riggsinator's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 27, 2011 11:43am | Report
People like this give Renekton a bad name:
Renekton says: "You're a bad renekton then if you don't build Zerker greaves. Cooldown reduction or Mercury treads are useless, I'm not a tank."

Yeah, god bless the 1200s.
"Thats a paddlin'"
Considereth
<Member>
Considereth's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 27, 2011 12:44pm | Report
Thanks Wintermond!

LOLOLOL Rig, yeah people do not understand how to build Renekton. He is pretty straight forward though.

Boots/3 health potions or Doran's Shield > Brut > Mercury/Cooldown Reduction Boots > Sunfire Cape

xD

Special thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the banner!

The higher your structure is to be, the deeper must be its foundation. - Augustine
Dotter
<Member>
Dotter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 27, 2011 1:28pm | Report
Considereth:
Actually I've won about 70% of my games with Mundo. Not with a good kda, since I only focus on locking down the enemy team's carry, but it really works well. With Malphite I think you might be right, but he was once the tank I was best with (and my main) and I do have a kda on 8.8, so I think I've done my share in most games with him. (I know it might be too many kills for a tank, but when you solo lane you might aswell get all the kills you can. - I do have a lot more assists than kills) I do not play Malphite that much anymore, since they nerfed him and some of the items I use on him. With Jarvan I've mainly played tank, but I've lost 2-3 games from afk people or extreme feeders which made it almost impossible to tank. x)

But thanks for the feedback, and I have considered playing Jarvan more, since he is really funny and great for soloing top.
Atarios
<Member>
Atarios's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 27, 2011 2:08pm | Report
Congrats Consid !
Thanks Jhoi,Xenasis,JEFFY40HANDS for the Sigs ! :D
Dotter
<Member>
Dotter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 27, 2011 2:14pm | Report
I might consider playing Veigar more. I've won 6/9 games so far, and he is really great at locking down the enemy AP carry. I just won a game going 12-3-10, which is quite all right. I picked him, since I saw Annie as the most possible champion going mid on the enemy team. I completely raped her, which made it really hard for them in teamfights, since I could either kill Annie or Ashe, their two carries, in one combo. I also bought negatron cloak to counter Annie's burst, which helped even further in teamfights. What is your opinion on Veigar in ranked?
Considereth
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 27, 2011 2:33pm | Report
Dotter, I used to play the hell out of Malphite myself. He was so good back in the day of Shard and Win. Farm so much Elo from him. Howver, now he is a very bad pick.

The problem with Mundo is he is shutdown by ignites in ranked. If the team is smart they will get at least 3 ignites. That is what I meant. If they do not get ignites however he is a force to be reckon with.

Thanks Atarios!

Veigar is outclassed by many mages right now. He is more of a counter-pick champion. He can be good if he does battle against the right champions. If you are good with him keep playing him though as he does bring the anti-carry aspect to the team and as a great overall stun! :)

The higher your structure is to be, the deeper must be its foundation. - Augustine
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 27, 2011 2:33pm | Report
Congrats on your reached goal :)

I shudder when I think of playing Solo Queue ranked. Would rather wait an hour for a friend to finish their game to play 5s Ranked. I know it might not be fair to think that anyone you don't know on your team could be a failure, but it's a large possibility.

At least when you play with someone you know, you have a higher chance of winning.

Which is why I have great respect for solo queue elo. If you you've got a high solo queue ranking, obviously you're doing something right. Either you were carried to that level (extremely unlikely, but possible), or you carried to that level.

Kudos!
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by thenamelessbard ♡
Dotter
<Member>
Dotter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 27, 2011 2:43pm | Report
Yeah he was so awesome. He could kill, tank, get tons of assists and almost carry. (I'm almost sentimental, since he is the Coon xD ) But he isn't that viable anymore and I've also become bored playing him xD

About Mundo: That is true, which is why I always get QSS in ranked with him, just to stop some of it. I also go mainly tanky, since it makes me harder to kill. But most of the wins in ranked with him, was before the CD-nerf of his ulti. (I've won 10/14 which is 71.4% games won.)

About Veigar:
It is true that some other casters are better. I do therefore, only pick him when I'm certain that he is viable against the enemy team (as in my recent game against Annie). I mainly pick him, when I am number 4 or the last to pick on my team, so I can see what the other team picks.
Well, I'm not a king with him, but I'd consider myself quite all right compared to other Veigars I face in my ELO.
Considereth
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 27, 2011 3:59pm | Report
Thanks Jhoijhoi! Well, you should try at least 10 games of ranked solo q, you might like it. I liked it even when I got bad teams because I'm a competitive person. If you like 5v5 premade chances are you will like Solo Q as well. Both can be quite frustrating however.

Dotter, do they banned Alistar in your elo? If not, you should get good with him. He is very very strong, he can out dps some mages and out tank some tanks because of his ultimate.

If you have a tank already, you can build Deathcap + Lichbane for some real deeps. If you do need a gank, you can go Phil Stone > Heart of Gold > Aegis of the Legion > whatever you need.

He roams like a boss and roaming alistar wins games, period. If you are able to piss up one of the solo lanes early and let your carries free farm it is so huge. Hope this helps. :)

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide