Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Which champion should I buy? Should I get XXX...

Creator: DEWO April 8, 2011 5:18am
Satella
<Member>
Satella's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 7, 2013 6:43pm | Report
LeBlanc's CC is a skillshot; Syndra's CC is a skillshot formed by using a skillshot to hit another skillshot. I think the former is more reliable :P
Rewriting Riven Guide Useful Programs Thread Sig making
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 7, 2013 6:44pm | Report
However Leblanc's CC requires you to stay within a leash range for 2 seconds which is an eternity in a fight and it can be blocked by creeps/other champions. Syndra's stun is more or less instant. It's also AoE and can potentially hit all five enemies.

I've never played Syndra but I have played a bunch of Leblanc and her E is really hard to land. From what I've seen Syndra's is much better.
MyRepublic
<Member>
MyRepublic's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 7, 2013 7:25pm | Report
From a syndra player, That stun is ********. Super easy to land, ridiculous range.

Thank you Miss Maw, CasterMaster and Arcana3 for the sweet sigs. I'd definitely recommend you to anyone looking for a nice sig.

"But we are stronger creatures than babies, why cant we hunt them?"- Meiyjhe
Shuru
<Member>
Shuru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 7, 2013 9:03pm | Report
I can't really help with shen, I barely play him, but he's really strong. he's not a killer, more of a split pusher and team helper.
Ban out GoodPlays GG
Laarz
<Member>
Laarz's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 13, 2013 8:31pm | Report
Close your eyes... click random, and there you have your new champ.

That's what i do.
Alec_V
<Member>
Alec_V's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 3, 2013 5:01am | Report
Hi There. Serious Queston, not trolling yay
Im asking advice here. Im having trouble with elo and currently stuck in Bronze. Of all the champions i own i dont feel that desire to play one. Im basically looking for a staple champion to help me get out of Bronze. I have MS Quints AD Quints Armor Seals Magic Resist (flat) Glyphs and Magic pen and armor pen. marks. I would like a champion that is not super tanky and not super damagey but instead combines the two in good balance. I prefer to steer away from the super mainstream champs like the Flavors of the Month and such. I would prefer a mid or top lane. I am willing to spend money on any champ and spend considerable time to learn it but i just want the champ i learn to be worth it. Rather than picking up someone like Karma and Urgot and then realising that no matter how much you play him he will still suck in soloqueue.
Ive been considering Pantheon, Mordekaiser and Swain lately as they combine solid survivability with a good staple damage. What is your opinion on these champs? and do you have any champs suggestion based on my preferences, maybe the champ you used to help climb elo?
I would love you forever if you would read my stupid question and wall of text and reply.
luizdeh
<Member>
luizdeh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 3, 2013 8:37am | Report
Pantheon can be good, but also countered pretty easily.
Mordekaiser, right now, will only get you out of Bronze if you truly master him.
Swain on the other hand can be your go-to champ. He should work very well through low-mid elo, and who knows, maybe by then you can *****slap everyone with birds in high elo.
I've seen more than a few carry hard in normals, but that doesn't serve as a rather good foundation to build on.

Also, some good non-FOTM tops that could fit your criteria:
Singed is a monster. Very solid pick, tanky with very good damage output. Unique playstyle as well. My favorite in that lane. Irelia, Yorick, Vladimir, Kayle.

As for mids, I main Gragas and he is a beast. He fits right into what you're looking for.

Any champ you learn very well can make you climb elo... well, almost any. Fiora, Heimerdinger, Poppy, Galio, Karma, Warwick and some others are either niche picks or weak. Check out this list. Solid tier list that should help pick out that champion that fits.
eizarus
<Member>
eizarus's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 14, 2013 6:37am | Report
Hey guys. I'm currently thinking of getting Vi, since my newfound love for jungling (dem ganks!). However I was just wondering if you guys recommend her for solotop too since I've been playing that role (with zed) too lately.

Thanks in advance :)

Edit: just saw the tier list posted by luizdeh in the post above mine... might have to reconsider if Vi really is Fiora tier :/
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 14, 2013 6:47am | Report
Vi is not that great toplane, when compared with the likes of Rumble, Shen and Renekton. Even though she has a lot of burst, she has no sustain. jungling her mighth be decent, though, haven't seen her since the starting weeks of lcs.

Sig made by Hogopogo
eizarus
<Member>
eizarus's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 14, 2013 6:52am | Report
Pheyniex wrote:

Vi is not that great toplane, when compared with the likes of Rumble, Shen and Renekton. Even though she has a lot of burst, she has no sustain. jungling her mighth be decent, though, haven't seen her since the starting weeks of lcs.

Ty, guess I'll hold off on buying her for now. I'll put some practise into Jayce in the meantime.

Edit: Bought Vi, and oh dear! I've not had this much fun since S2 :D I'll try her in ranked soon.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide