Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Which champion should I buy? Should I get XXX...

Creator: DEWO April 8, 2011 5:18am
njdfan
<Member>
njdfan's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 25, 2014 12:40pm | Report
LevasK wrote:

For ADC I would recommend: Graves or Corki.
For the other champions that you mentioned:

Ahri- She's certainly a fun champion, but rather difficult one, cuz of her reliance on skillshots and having to land Charm in order to get picks/successful all ins.

Akali-A great solo q champion that snowballs hard and is, somewhat, difficult to deal with. However she does get bullied in lane by many champions and most junglers will prioritize ganking Akali in order to shut her down.

Lissandra-As mentioned in the comments above she's a very straightforward and solid champion, if I had to pick a champion out of these 3 to pickup, I would pick her.

Cool thanks! They all seem kind of interesting...Lissandra also seems the most flexible, since she can top and mid, I think I even saw a build for her as support. May pick up Akali eventually down the road, because I don't really have any super ganky/assassin types either.
Kadius
<Member>
Kadius's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 26, 2014 6:41am | Report
njdfan wrote:
Hey all, I don't have an ADC yet and figured one of them should be my next champ. I was leaning towards Graves...I like Ezreal too but I figure I never see him for a reason.

Also considering besides an ADC getting Ahri, Akali, and Lissandra just because they seem fun, but I already have top and mid champs so I think I should figure out an ADC to get first :)

for ADC Graves is definitely top tier imo he's really strong right now so give him a go!

As for the others:
Ahri - My favourite mage personally. Extremely strong ganks, great mobility and a very unique CC! She is rather hard though as you have to legolas her charm rather well otherwise she can't use her combo to peak efficiency.

Akali - My old main, AMAZING ASSASSIN. Once you get her combo down her burst of stupid. Mid game she can destroy 80% of someone's HP in one burst, add in another QR and that's a kill. Although because she snowballs so good and relies on snowballing she can be shutdown quite easily. If you're good and have fast hands to be able to hit all the buttons on your keybaord in the right order than [[Akali] is for you!

Lissandra - I dont like her. Like, don't get me wrong she's a good champ and some people are great at playing her I just don't like the playstyle of her so I don't have any experience tot alk from here sorry
Like my post? Be sure to toss me a +Rep!

Credits to the lovely and talented Amanda for the sig, be sure to check out her workshop!
njdfan
<Member>
njdfan's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 27, 2014 7:14pm | Report
OK so after reading up some more, I'm really torn on going with Graves, or waiting and going with Lissandra even though I don't have an ADC. From what I read, Graves pairs great with Taric, who I never see anymore, and has a lot of difficulty vs. Caitlyn, who I see almost every game.

Problem is, I don't even know where Lissandra is most often played, seems like top, which sounds weird, but I could see her being fun as a support, which would get me kicked from lots of games haha.

I've just been trying to build up IP jungling with Hec, who is still one of my favs...but oh lord does he stink vs counterjungling!
Kadius
<Member>
Kadius's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 28, 2014 5:25am | Report
njdfan wrote:
OK so after reading up some more, I'm really torn on going with Graves, or waiting and going with Lissandra even though I don't have an ADC. From what I read, Graves pairs great with Taric, who I never see anymore, and has a lot of difficulty vs. Caitlyn, who I see almost every game.

Problem is, I don't even know where Lissandra is most often played, seems like top, which sounds weird, but I could see her being fun as a support, which would get me kicked from lots of games haha.

I've just been trying to build up IP jungling with Hec, who is still one of my favs...but oh lord does he stink vs counterjungling!

If counter junglers are your jam and you like bursty AP type deals like Hecarim look no further than Shaco c:

Credits to Amanda for making this... yeah, you're not having happy dreams tonight.
LevasK
<Member>
LevasK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 28, 2014 6:02am | Report
njdfan wrote:

Graves doesn't need Taric to support him, he does really well with popular supports like Thresh, Leona, Nami and many more, so you shouldn't worry about finding a Taric to support you. Also while Graves does have some trouble dealing with Caitlyn, just like most, but that doesn't mean that you can't play him vs Caitlyn.

njdfan wrote:

Lissandra is most commonly played in top/mid lane, you can play her as a support, but she does not excel at that role.

njdfan wrote:

Strong early game duelists and counterjungling have always been a pain in the *** for Hecarim, so it's natural.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 28, 2014 6:54am | Report
LevasK wrote:

Graves doesn't need Taric to support him, he does really well with popular supports like Thresh, Leona, Nami and many more, so you shouldn't worry about finding a Taric to support you. Also while Graves does have some trouble dealing with Caitlyn, just like most, but that doesn't mean that you can't play him vs Caitlyn.

Graves is an excellent pair for Janna as well. With Janna you can play passive and aggressive lane according to your enemies and her shield will pretty much like counter Caitlyn if you just play that lane wisely. I can't say that Leona is really a popular support at the moment but she, Thresh and Janna are probably the best supports for Graves.

Leona: Has a good burst and peeling and CC > great synergy with Graves

Thresh: has CC and can peel > Great all-around support, doesn't just excel at one thing

Janna: Has CC, peel, shield, dislocation, disengage, engage > Great pair for Graves due to the fact that Janna can fix Graves' missing qualities.
Blian
<Member>
Blian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 28, 2014 8:14am | Report
Go for Jayce.. Excellent top/mid laner. Seriously the best advice I've got so far on this forum was to buy Jayce.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 28, 2014 8:50am | Report
Janitsu wrote:
Graves is an excellent pair for Janna as well. With Janna you can play passive and aggressive lane according to your enemies and her shield will pretty much like counter Caitlyn if you just play that lane wisely. I can't say that Leona is really a popular support at the moment but she, Thresh and Janna are probably the best supports for Graves.

Leona: Has a good burst and peeling and CC > great synergy with Graves

Thresh: has CC and can peel > Great all-around support, doesn't just excel at one thing

Janna: Has CC, peel, shield, dislocation, disengage, engage > Great pair for Graves due to the fact that Janna can fix Graves' missing qualities.
I agree with everything here, but I personally have a liking for Graves/ Soraka for (probably) no good reason.
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 28, 2014 8:54am | Report
Actually, Janna Graves is the weakest Janna lane, arguably stronger than Janna Tristana. There's at least 20 other supports that compliment Graves better, and at least 10 ADCs that compliment Janna better.

I don't mean to say that Graves + Janna is a weak lane, because it isn't (Janna and Graves are both good with pretty much anyone), but you might as well play Graves Leona when they're practically made for eachother.

thank you jhoijhoi for the signature <3
Kadius
<Member>
Kadius's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 6, 2015 7:33am | Report
Graves is OP he can be played with anyone, I played a dumbass Graves lane with a "support" Ziggs were i just spammed Q and Zoned with E to make the lane a living hell for the adc and I'd be able to pick off the runners with ulti. Now Ziggs is a really **** support I'm going to say it now, it should'nt have worked but Grvaes just got fedd off of my early game dominance and proceded to wreck the absolute **** outta everyone. So yeah, my point is he works with everything.

Also if you havn't, try Ziggs support XD It's bad but om so fun. Just build normal ziggs but start with coin :P So fun.

Credits to Amanda for making this... yeah, you're not having happy dreams tonight.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide