Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Which champion should I buy? Should I get XXX...

Creator: DEWO April 8, 2011 5:18am
Kadius
<Member>
Kadius's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 7, 2015 9:08pm | Report
I'mI have a lot of Rp and can buy anything in the game but only have enough left for like ONE ultimate skin at max. Tell me what's worth buying apart from assassins as I own them all ty

EDIT: That was a rushed thing on phone, seriosus talk below :P

So I'm torn between pulsefire ezreal, Rek'Guy, Aatrox, Rengar + Night hunter or anything else. Idk what's good and viable I guess haha
Like my post? Be sure to toss me a +Rep!

Credits to the lovely and talented Amanda for the sig, be sure to check out her workshop!
dan3gerou5
<Member>
dan3gerou5's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 14, 2015 8:26pm | Report
Just starting out but I really enjoy LoL and I'm pretty sure I'm devoting my time to this game (bye bye consoles). I really really like Jinx and Ashe (Ashe is easy). I really like Jinx, but I think she's just a little too fragile for my skill level (and sometimes missing that ult is embarrassing). I do pretty well with Ahri though.

Anyway, if I would to keep exploring the Mage or Marksmen category, what would be a good buy? I've been looking at Gnar and Ezrael... Really different, both look fun. Gnar looks like the HP could be a little more forgiving, but I also know wasting the ulti can be bad. If neither of those, any other option? I have the starting bundle plus a few other Champs I've just acquired. Thanks.
ArgusGaming
<Member>
ArgusGaming's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2015 12:46pm | Report
dan3gerou5 wrote:
Just starting out but I really enjoy...

Hey, dane3gerou5. I would like to help you to chose the right marksman for you. Under you will see what I recommend and what I do not.

I do reccomend:

Graves: Is an ad carry that can handle more damage then other adc. The reason is his passive, which gives more magic resist and armor while staying in combat. He can burst people down. By using his Q at close range to deal more damage. Use a couple of basic attacks, then blast them away with your ultimate.

Caitlyn: Caitlyn is known for her long range on both basic attacks and also her spells. She can use basic attacks safe just to farm and stay away from enemy, or can be used to poke while farming, depends on your skill level. She can poke with her Q to hold enemies away, and also safe a minion wave. I recommend Caitlyn because she is a safer pick then other ad carries. She also have a E almost same as Ezreal, when used she jumps to the opposite direction (sounds harder then it is). Also has a super long ultimate that deals a lot of damage.

I do not reccomend:

Ezreal: As you mention you think you would like him. Ezreal is a hard champ to play if you are afraid to miss skill shots. 3 of his spells are skillshot. He is not really strong if you can't hit your spells. Ofc you want to use auto attacks as well. But his spells are stacking up a good attack speed for you, if you hit with them. I do not recommend if you can't hit really well. But his E can help you get away from fights which could be good.

Vayne: This is a champion with a lot of mechanics, which means you need skills to play her at her best. She don't have the longest range, which can make you get to close to your enemy and then get caught.

- So as you could see here I just exampled 4 different marksmans (ad carries). If you have questions about any other ad carries. Message me in PM or just here on the thread. Hope it was to help!
ArgusGaming
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2015 2:58pm | Report
Kadius wrote:
So I'm torn between pulsefire ezreal, Rek'Guy, Aatrox, Rengar + Night hunter or anything else. Idk what's good and viable I guess haha

I woulda gone for Aatrox. A really good champ. Maybe not in the "meta" but that doesn't really matter that much. Still he isn't the best in all match ups, but I woulda gone for Aatrox by those you wanted to buy. :)
dan3gerou5
<Member>
dan3gerou5's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 18, 2015 3:03pm | Report

Hey, dane3gerou5. I would like to help you to chose the right marksman for you. Under you will see what I recommend and what I do not.

Thanks, I was also considering Graves, but was waiting for sale refresh, and would you look at that, Graves!

I also ended up getting Gnar, really really like him. He's tricky but I like his mobility, constant harass, and in a team fight or gank, his E is so goo to either a) reposition or b) get ahead of escaping champ and taking him out, not to mention that if you E when he is going to turn Mega, we will land with a ground stomp stun. He is also very reliant with aa's, which is a good concept for me to learn and practice with (Gnar only has 1 damage, Q). Overall I think Gnar really fits my style, and though a tough champ to master, its a good one to learn with because he is unforgiving and you've have to AIM and LAND you shots. Not only is it crucial for damage, but crucial for surival (slows).
Kadius
<Member>
Kadius's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 20, 2015 5:58am | Report
dan3gerou5 wrote:

Thanks, I was also considering Graves, but was waiting for sale refresh, and would you look at that, Graves!

I also ended up getting Gnar, really really like him. He's tricky but I like his mobility, constant harass, and in a team fight or gank, his E is so goo to either a) reposition or b) get ahead of escaping champ and taking him out, not to mention that if you E when he is going to turn Mega, we will land with a ground stomp stun. He is also very reliant with aa's, which is a good concept for me to learn and practice with (Gnar only has 1 damage, Q). Overall I think Gnar really fits my style, and though a tough champ to master, its a good one to learn with because he is unforgiving and you've have to AIM and LAND you shots. Not only is it crucial for damage, but crucial for surival (slows).

You said you like adc's and mages, to be fair Ezreal is both. If you buy Ezreal though 100% build him full AP, when I see and AD Ezreal I cry. Why? AD ezreal has a lot of bursty goodness and good teamfighting
However if you like assassinating a target
then AP ez you litrerally press E W Q and you got a kill, just be sure to land them. Hopw I helped
Like my post? Be sure to toss me a +Rep!

Credits to the lovely and talented Amanda for the sig, be sure to check out her workshop!
Sasquatch180
<Member>
Sasquatch180's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 28, 2015 8:50pm | Report
So is Malphite any good nowadays?

Recently I've been looking for a good Bruiser/Tank, and after seeing him in action I was thinking of picking up Malphite since he looked like everything I like in a champion (can take hits but dish out some good damage, fairly decent AoE, his ult looks amazing.)
Hatted
<Member>
Hatted's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2015 7:18am | Report
So is Malphite any good nowadays?

Recently I've been looking for a good Bruiser/Tank, and after seeing him in action I was thinking of picking up Malphite since he looked like everything I like in a champion (can take hits but dish out some good damage, fairly decent AoE, his ult looks amazing.)

His ult is a game-changer in a lot of situations. He's got a lot of good utility, and it depends on which role/build you want to play him as. He was the first champ I really wanted to play and I jungled with him non-stop. If you wanna top with him, however, he does decent in lanes with AD laners. He usually build Armor>Health and is overall hard to kill. He's one of the few champs with an Armor-Scaling ability (His e; the AoE).

I recommend him; he's cheap and fun to use. Not to mention a good bunch of CC.
Eyy
TudorOstrich
<Member>
TudorOstrich's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 6, 2015 4:48am | Report
Aatrox or Vel'koz?
I'm leaning towards aatrox because he looks very tanky, but vel just looks cool.
Report Nasus using abilities on minions
ArgusGaming
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 12, 2015 9:24am | Report
Aatrox or Vel'koz?
I'm leaning towards aatrox because he looks very tanky, but vel just looks cool.

I think you should think more about what lane you are strongest at?
Is it toplane or jungle? Pick Aatrox. If you feel that mid, or maybe support is your best, take Vel'Koz.

Both are great champions, and I think both looks cool. But they are ofc. different in their own way.

Personally I woulda picked Aatrox. One of my favorites! :D

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide