Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Which champion should I buy? Should I get XXX...

Creator: DEWO April 8, 2011 5:18am
Anandre
<Member>
Anandre's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2012 6:45pm | Report
Malz and LB have probably the best combos, but from what I hear, Malz gets weaker late game (plus QSS/Cleanse shuts off a lot of his damage). LB can be scary late game, but you need to get fed early.
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 13, 2012 2:06am | Report

Hi - in the past few weeks I've started playing Annie and I LOVE her, especially for her burst/nuke potential. She's my first AP carry (quite pitiful given I'm level 23 - I usually play with warwick or AD carries) and I was thinking about saving up for/buying a more expensive one, as I lovelovelove her.

I was thinking along the lines of Kassadin, Brand, Malzahar, MAYBE Leblanc (but she looks scarily squishy!). Someone like that, preferably someone with a good combo/burst, but *too* squishy scares me slightly!

Any help/recommendations? Thanks. :)

Kass and leblanc are both considered mage-counters. U send them as your ap-mid and wreck the **** out of the opposing mid due to their silence. Veigar falls into that category as well.. mostly later in the game though.
Malzahar can one-combo one person(almost always) and can silence so a semi-mage counter, his biggest strength lie in his pushing ability though since a good malz can push minions to other persons tower, be full on mana, never miss a creep AND never walk past the middle of the battlefield.
Brand is a combo-based champ, he has a stun, a LOT of damage, a AOE ulty and a aoe farm tool. He's just great! And if enemy tries to gank u in a 2v1 situation they better have flash ready cuz DAT ULT!

Kass>Leblanc=Brand>Malz
Kassadin is soooo good. And has soo many dashes so he's my top-rated.
Leblanc and brand are equal - she falls of too hard late-game to be top-tier but still is a bigass force to be reckoned with. Brand is almost top tier, but seems to have fallen out of favor. Honestly i don't know why he's a force to be reckonedd with early-mid AND late game. Malzahar seems meeh to me, especially cuz his ulty forces him to "selfstun" for a couple of seconds.
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
McLovin12134567
<Member>
McLovin12134567's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2012 7:01pm | Report
should i: buy gp now, save for irelia, or buy cho and morgana??
Some say he watched the lord of the rings sixty twelve times and he was pissed off at gandalf for stealing his idea for a halloween costume. all we know he's called McLovin.
Bryun
<Magic Man>
Bryun's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2012 7:25pm | Report

It depends... But for me, I would buy Gangplank and save for Irelia.
Then play the **** out of both of them and buy the rest.

Tabooski
<Member>
Tabooski's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 16, 2012 2:23am | Report
Pick any champion that isn't support. I'd suggest either an AD or a Tank. They seem to be immune to getting the nerfbat.
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 16, 2012 8:00am | Report

I'd Buy cho, save for irelia and then GP or Morgana.

Cho is good both jungle mid and top. This makes him a good, cheap all-round choice.
Irelia is IMO one of the best at what she does. Morgana is not really that good anymore, boring as hell but i quess she's worth a buy. Gp last prolly cuz i think his mana costs are too high right now to complete the "Q" spam which is the thing he has going for him right now.
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
hotmargarine
<Member>
hotmargarine's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 16, 2012 8:27am | Report
Thanks so much for all the advice. :) I was talking to a good leblanc player and she was saying, if you know how to play early game her squishy-ness isn't an issue, it just takes practice (the only thing putting me off leblanc).

So I've now narrowed it down to saving up for Brand or LeBlanc. Given I play Annie, which playstyle (of the two) would be easier to adjust to do you think? :) (I ruled out Malzahar: I played him on my boyfriend's account and just didn't like him, at all. I ruled out Kassadin, as he seems incredibly difficult and his abilities not all that 'usable'.)
I'd state my ELO or post a pretty picture of my favourite champ.
But. I don't have any of that. So, have a kittycat:
example1013
<Member>
example1013's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 16, 2012 9:25am | Report
Go with Kassadin. The problem I think many people have is they play him like other AP carries, which Kassadin is not. If you play him correctly (which is more adopting his style than learning how to use him), he's god-tier with few counters. And he's not hard to learn, if you're willing.
hotmargarine
<Member>
hotmargarine's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2012 10:58am | Report
Sorry I've been nagging this thread so much! :) But I forgot to add, for an AP carry/a caster - I want someone 'difficult'. It's a bit dull with Annie - charge up tibbers stun, TROLLFACE IN, RQWQD, TROLLFACE OUT. So I want someone where I suck at first, and to do well I'm going to have to practise like hell, so it'll be rewarding if/when I get the hang of them. :)

I'm *probably* going to get Brand, but I'm not sure! Any AP caster is up in the mix really.
I'd state my ELO or post a pretty picture of my favourite champ.
But. I don't have any of that. So, have a kittycat:
McLovin12134567
<Member>
McLovin12134567's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 18, 2012 6:22am | Report
if you play kass well u win
Some say he watched the lord of the rings sixty twelve times and he was pissed off at gandalf for stealing his idea for a halloween costume. all we know he's called McLovin.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide