Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Which champion should I buy? Should I get XXX...

Creator: DEWO April 8, 2011 5:18am
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2012 10:49am | Report
Vayne is a hypercarry. her laning sucks, but man is she frightening when fed.
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2012 11:20am | Report

Hi :D

I was looking for strong AP carry, one with burst, or some sort of high damage combo. I like Ahri and Xerath. I love them both soooo much! I'm not too good with skillshots, but i feel i need a champ with skillshots, to get better at them. Ahri Has high mobility and good damage. Xerath Has immense range and high damage. Now this is my question: Which of these can bring higher utility to my team, dish out great damage and stay safer in the lane?

Ahri is much safer in lane and is arguably a better laner then Xerath. Xerath has a pretty good lategame poke damage though. I would probably say Ahri though, she sees more play cause she also has tons of true damage.

Can anyone give me a example of champs that can do top or jungle, that is a hyper carry and can carry things for the team? Would be great if it was good to get up from lv 1 and then climb some elo with in ranked.

Anyone got any ideas?

I would suggest Nasus personally, his jungle is easy and in some games you'll be able to just farm and carry the game. Obviously if you don't farm you don't carry though.

Olaf is another extremely good champion who can do the same thing more consistently then Nasus can.

Machineae
<Member>
Machineae's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2012 4:39pm | Report
So uhh because the support team is awesome and gets stuff done I got a refund for Kassadin and Twitch within a hour of putting in a support ticket.

Currently sitting on 6.9k IP and want to expand my champs again.

Currently owned stuff
Spoiler: Click to view

Was kinda thinking of buying my first 6300 champ but not sure what to get.
Been thinking of Fiora, Fizz and Nautilus for offensive based champs.
Maybe Lulu for support? Idk at this point, theres so much I want .-.

Or splurge on a few 1350 and 3150 champs?
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 14, 2012 8:53am | Report
Machineae wrote:

So uhh because the support team is awesome and gets stuff done I got a refund for Kassadin and Twitch within a hour of putting in a support ticket.

Currently sitting on 6.9k IP and want to expand my champs again.

Currently owned stuff
Spoiler: Click to view

Was kinda thinking of buying my first 6300 champ but not sure what to get.
Been thinking of Fiora, Fizz and Nautilus for offensive based champs.
Maybe Lulu for support? Idk at this point, theres so much I want .-.

Or splurge on a few 1350 and 3150 champs?

Buy Runes! Champions come and go in terms of power, but Runes are forever.

(or something like that...-_-)

Machineae
<Member>
Machineae's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 14, 2012 11:31am | Report
I've already got a full rune set for AP, AD and jungling :X
Morr33d
<Member>
Morr33d's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 15, 2012 5:55am | Report
Full rune set for jungle doesn't exist ;) When I mained jungle, I used about 4-5 different runepages, and even with those I sometimes felt limited.
Machineae
<Member>
Machineae's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 15, 2012 11:21am | Report
It definitely does when I only use a few junglers so I'm able to find the optimal mix for my set of jungling champs.
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 16, 2012 7:33pm | Report
Machineae wrote:

It definitely does when I only use a few junglers so I'm able to find the optimal mix for my set of jungling champs.

Runes usually still matter more, but if you don't want to buy any I would say buy Fizz. Fizz will always be good just because he has huge damage, great utility and his e is pretty dayum good. :)

*CLOPCLOPCLOPCLOPCLOP*

PhoenixWright
<Member>
PhoenixWright's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 17, 2012 2:19am | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

I would suggest Nasus personally, his jungle is easy and in some games you'll be able to just farm and carry the game. Obviously if you don't farm you don't carry though.

Olaf is another extremely good champion who can do the same thing more consistently then Nasus can.

Nasus looks fun, though the Q farming got quite boring. Haven't tried his jungle. But hasn't he got to much counters to deal with?

Played some Olaf as well. though I'm generally very bad and mostly ends up losing the lane..
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 17, 2012 10:05am | Report

Nasus looks fun, though the Q farming got quite boring. Haven't tried his jungle. But hasn't he got to much counters to deal with?

Played some Olaf as well. though I'm generally very bad and mostly ends up losing the lane..

Ah, you want a non boring champ who can carry lategame.

For top (or maybe jungle) I'd suggest Jax, for another top i'd suggest Tryn, and for jungle Master Yi does well.

Jax is probably one of the scariest guys ever in lategame, and he also has a really good early game. If you play aggressive with him, he's not boring at all, and it can be pretty insane the amount of burst you do.

Tryn can be pretty boring depending on your matchup, the point of Tryn is to put him top and farmfarmfarm, but he can also be super aggressive with heal + ignite or heal + exhaust (there's a guide by dufftime on him somewhere around here which is really good).

And Master Yi is one of the better junglers at lower levels, you'll have generally have a hard time ganking without red buff, but his damage is massive and when he gets farmed or fed he becomes a beast. You have to learn when to go into a teamfight though, or you'll just get burst down like *that*.

As for Nasus, yes he has counters, although Nasus's jungle is really only counterable when he has no mana, and he can snowball really fast. His ganks are good, and he -can- invade and clear things really quickly. After a certain point he pretty much just becomes unstoppable, and in that regard is a lot like the other champions I listed.

Hope that helps :)

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide