Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Which champion should I buy? Should I get XXX...

Creator: DEWO April 8, 2011 5:18am
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 9, 2012 4:46am | Report
i pretty much highlighted it with bold.....

but let me quote it for ya.
"and Skarner is good but doesn't really fit into this metagame imo."

How does a tanky initiator jungler, with the possibility to build support items not fit into a meta where the jungler should be a: Tanky initiator, with the possibility to build support items.
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
Machineae
<Member>
Machineae's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 9, 2012 4:54am | Report
Oh wow I didn't even notice the bolded text haha.
I've been messing around with Irelia, Swain and Skarner and have been stomping left and right with them so the decisions hard. I love the mobility that Irelia has, but I like jungling and as Swain I rarely die. *******it, decisions.
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 9, 2012 11:40am | Report
didn't notice the bold, sorry polse lmao.

That would be because the meta has shifted from tanky junglers who can initiate, to junglers who just do tons of damage. Think about it.

Olaf, Lee, Mundo and Shyvana are iirc the top junglers at the moment, I haven't seen tons of Nocturne and Udyr picks for quite some time, and pretty much the only tanky initiator I see lately is Nautilus.

@Mach

I would suggest just playing more with each of them then, that's a surefire way of either a) deciding who you want to buy or b) getting enough IP to buy all of them! :D

Pølsemanden
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 9, 2012 4:22pm | Report
funny thing is though:
All the junglers you listed can buy both aegis and randuin's and are all(except for olaf) tanky initiators.
Olaf is not a top tier jungler.
Nocturne is still top tier jungler(prolly not after the nerf though)
Udyr is not an initiator though, since he's waay too prone to kiting.
Maokai is still top tier(2/3 of the mlg game tsm vs. clg.eu he was picked)

On a sidenote, skarner does deal tons of damage with just a trinity force.

Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 9, 2012 8:26pm | Report
uhh...they really aren't tanky initiators (at least not good ones).

Olaf is a top tier jungler, Snoopeh plays him a lot iirc and he's becoming top Fotm for sure.

Aegis is never bought on Shyv, Lee, Mundo far as I can tell.

Forgot about Maokai and he counts as one too.

Morr33d
<Member>
Morr33d's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 10, 2012 1:45am | Report
Polse, even Stonewall has said that Skarner is slowly falling out of meta, since almost everybody starts boots+3 potions now, which makes his slow little bit less powerful (because you want start with regrowth pendant as a skarner and you can't catch up.)
Quoted:
Skarner - Similar to Trundle in that he's a bit antiquated now. Not that he's any worse than before but that everyone seems to either have dashes everywhere or everyone bought boots which is like 99% of the games. This makes Skarner's earlier ganks less reliable but not necessary terrible to the point where you shouldn't try them. It means you just have to bait people into their deaths. In terms of match ups - he does beat a few characters like Lee Sin and Jarvan but not by a margin to seem impressive. A real benefit from Skarner is that he snowballs better than a lot of other junglers. If he gets a few kills early he will become difficult to kill, fast and mobile, deal high amounts of damage and will exert high amounts of CC including his ultimate. Skarner is a good "carry" jungler if you may. he may not become a murder machine like Olaf but he becomes a terror machine.
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 10, 2012 4:24am | Report
How aren't lee, mundo and shyvana good initators?
Lee-sin: Has a dash, a slow and the ability to kick somebody fromt he other team into his team.

Mundo: goes where he pleases, and oftentimes he pleases the middle of the enemy team, with cc reduction from "w" he's a scary as **** initiator also dem cleavers.

Shyvana: Jump, tons of damage. If she jumps to you into the middle of the team people either focus you or try and run past you, cuz they sure aren't getting away.

Skarner: Flash ulty - initiated.

Actually i take back what i said about olaf, he's actually quite a scary monster in the jungle.

Both shyv, lee and mundo can with great success buy an aegis, they benefit from all the stats(i prolly wouldn't get one on shyv though)

What do you mean maokai is one too? His damage is probably the least of all the junglers right now, yet he's a top pick.

@Morr33d
Stonewall writes trundle is antiquated, yet trundle was played in first mlg game between "dynamic" and "dignitas".
I see how skarner and trundle are both very much affected by dashes and boot-start, and their early ganking potential has been very limited cuz of that. But even then, a skarner can catch up to someone with boots and an unwarded lane.

Skarner is not out of meta.

Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 10, 2012 2:38pm | Report
Quoted:

How aren't lee, mundo and shyvana good initators?
Lee-sin: Has a dash, a slow and the ability to kick somebody fromt he other team into his team.

dies as soon as he goes into a team, doesn't do anything

Mundo: goes where he pleases, and oftentimes he pleases the middle of the enemy team, with cc reduction from "w" he's a scary as **** initiator also dem cleavers.

get's ignored as soon as he goes into team and they kill your team then 5v1 you, or you die cause you're not building 5 warmogs

Shyvana: Jump, tons of damage. If she jumps to you into the middle of the team people either focus you or try and run past you, cuz they sure aren't getting away.

might not die right away, but can't peel people away from carries.

Skarner: Flash ulty - initiated.

true.

Both shyv, lee and mundo can with great success buy an aegis, they benefit from all the stats(i prolly wouldn't get one on shyv though)

I would never ever buy an Aegis on Shyv, Lee or Mundo. They benefit from all the stats, but that's like saying you should buy a Gunblade cause they benefit from all the stats too. It's sometimes ok to get an Aegis on Lee, but it's not that great for sure, and stuff like Atmogs is way better.

What do you mean maokai is one too? His damage is probably the least of all the junglers right now, yet he's a top pick.

Maokai has high damage, it's just that everyone else has even higher damage. He's a tanky initiator because he builds tanky and goes in to W > Ult > Q ftw.

hope you can read the bold >.>

Pølsemanden
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 10, 2012 4:11pm | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

hope you can read the bold >.>

i quess we're gonna have to aggree on diaggreeing.

Morr33d
<Member>
Morr33d's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 11, 2012 1:56am | Report
Trunndle was chosen by Dignitas, but got heavily countered by akali+ahri. I see that as a proof of his "antiquacy".

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide