Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Who do you think is secretly op?

Creator: cooper56 April 19, 2012 8:13pm
koksei
<Member>
koksei's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2012 3:46am | Report
omagma wrote:

Pics, or did not happen.

And no, Dota 2 i great, i am having way more fun than i ever had in lol....

And Koksei, get of your high horse, being an ******* do not suite you.

*suit :D

and no I am not joking you'd have no chance I am srs. I am probably still way better at dota than I am at LoL :P I'd play against you if you want or play with you idc just add me in steam - koksei.
Gimme 1-2 rounds of dota then I am back to my usual self ^^.

And regarding the pics - go here but.. I forgot the screenshot where you can see the elo :D I'll just make one if I hit 1700 today :)

Regarding the OP:

Kennen, Vlad, Shen, Lee
well no real secrets and kennen is just my own naive foolish opinion

~ Sig by Xiaowiriamu ~
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2012 3:47am | Report
Warwick is better off with tanky items.

Kayle IDK
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2012 3:51am | Report
animorte wrote:

The only champion in the entire game that can heal your entire team and damage the entire enemy team in one ability, shield one of your allies and damage the entire enemy team in one ability. Two ways to completely save somebody's life while dealing damage to the entire enemy team. Yup, terrible.

People just despise her for not having an extremely game-changing ultimate. That's ok because there is always room for me to use her and do great. :)

Presuming we aren't talking about Karma as a support here. She isn't that great, she has great early game damage but she is screwed by everything that has spammable hard cc and/or can push very well. Also, very sustained champions easily beat her (e.g. Vladimir and Mordekaiser just rape her in lane, not even funny).

Additionally, she has no escape abilities other than her Spirit Bond which is a pretty ****py ability to escape imo; making her even easier to gank than Malzahar and Xerath. To all this we can add that her burst is pretty hard to land (due to her Soul Shield's mechanic) and it isn't much better than any other ap, despite her ability to get 6 ranks in every ability. Right now, it feels as if her 6th rank is no bonus over other champions but she still hasn't an ultimate. Her design makes her one of the best in the level 1 - 5 but after level six she is going to experience serious problems as her showdown skills are not going to increase.

Recapping, legit champion but is simply outdone by a lot of other champions who bring more offensive utility in the form of hard cc/debuffs.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2012 3:54am | Report
Quoted:

Warwick is better off with tanky items.

Kayle IDK

Agreed, it works on Warwick but as I said: priorities usually lie somewhere else; especially since it doesn't scale into late-game. Getting it really early does really increase your damage a lot though.

Combining Malady with her Holy Fervor make it a solid pick, even on support Kayle. However, as said; it doesn't scale well and as a support you might want to get other stuff first.

*feels like a broken record*
*walks away*
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2012 7:33am | Report
I guess I have some rare ability to actually make Karma work, no matter what role she starts in... I honestly don't understand how she seems to be that difficult.

Anyway, back on topic:

I like to take Dr. Mundo and Mordekaiser mid under generally the same circumstances, considering the fact that they almost never have to go back.

Kassadin and Galio are perhaps two of the greatest picks for mid when talking about countering in general.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2012 8:25am | Report
Malady just blows so hard. It's not good on anybody.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2012 8:57am | Report

Additionally, she has no escape abilities other than her Spirit Bond which is a pretty ****py ability to escape imo; making her even easier to gank than Malzahar and Xerath.

What? How does a Slow/speed up make her easier to gank than Malzahar? He has a skillshot silence. That doesn't ensure they can't get to him, just makes it so they can't use spells. THey can still run at him, full speed or close to it.

To all this we can add that her burst is pretty hard to land (due to her Soul Shield's mechanic) and it isn't much better than any other ap, despite her ability to get 6 ranks in every ability.

It's not her soul shield that makes it hard to land the burst, it's the fact that Spirit Bond doesn't do damage to the bond-ee. You have to get in what is usually an unfavorable position to do damage with it. It is however your highest base damage skill.

Thank you to jhoijhoi for the sig, and all the dividers in the guide.

GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2012 9:02am | Report
Lugignaf wrote:

What? How does a Slow/speed up make her easier to gank than Malzahar? He has a skillshot silence. That doesn't ensure they can't get to him, just makes it so they can't use spells. THey can still run at him, full speed or close to it.

It's not her soul shield that makes it hard to land the burst, it's the fact that Spirit Bond doesn't do damage to the bond-ee. You have to get in what is usually an unfavorable position to do damage with it. It is however your highest base damage skill.

It's quite easy to hit Call of the Void when you are an avid Malzahar player; especially if they walk towards you. Imo a silence is worth more than a slow. However, that was totally not my point, just named an example. :P

From what I understand Soul Shield is maxed first and therefore hard to land, if you'd max Spirit Bond first, the burst is still hard to land; so my comment would remain valid.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2012 9:14am | Report
Soul Shield isn't hard to land. It's a target spell and you can just target yourself.
True love is found only in yourself.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2012 9:24am | Report
Lugignaf wrote:

Soul Shield isn't hard to land. It's a target spell and you can just target yourself.

The radius of the AoE is around 600 which is abysmal if you have to walk towards your enemies to damage them. Even Ryze will outrange you then. Well, it is even worse, if you don't time your spell fast enough then Vladimir will be able to Transfusion you and walk out of range before you've cast it (managed to do that several times versus Karma).

If people know how to play against Karma they'll just learn not to stand too close to minions in order to avoid Soul Shield's harassment; so yes it is quite hard to land. Additionally, her base damages aren't really high despite having a 6th rank. Oh and before I forget, Soul Shield can only be used as a damaging spell when your 'ultimate' is up; otherwise you can't even damage your enemy.

All in all, I think Karma is a pretty sad ap mid and loses most matchups. She offers no hard CC, no burst and no high dps. The only thing she offers is a reasonable heal (yes even when going full-AP, it is still a pretty weak heal) and a shield. I have to admit, that the shield is pretty powerful but not potent enough as a damage spell.

Another thing is that her Spirit Bond is extremely hard to use as a damaging spell so you can't abuse it's high base damage. (which isn't exactly too high considering it has 6 ranks) Taking all of this into account and the fact that she has no real ultimate, therefore not becoming significantly stronger at level 6, makes me conclude that she is a pretty sad ap mid. Her only strength might be that people don't know how to play against her; I know I had that when I played the matchup yesterday.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide