Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Who do you think is secretly op?

Creator: cooper56 April 19, 2012 8:13pm
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2012 12:20pm | Report
animorte wrote:

I am entirely aware that Malady has horrible AP for it's price, but if you can find another item with AP, attack speed, AND shreds the enemy's MR... I could understand.

Malady doesn't scale into late-game and other items often have a higher priority in mid-game. Additionally, there are only a few champs who can actually put all the stats to good use. My conclusion: not a bad item overall but others are simply better.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2012 12:22pm | Report
Malady is bad.
Let's look at how much it shreds. 24 MR after 3 stacks. That's not even base MR and only 4 more than Wit's end gives.

People you'd buy Malady on: Teemo, weird hybrids, very few others.
It's a bad item with a very small niche.
True love is found only in yourself.
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2012 12:30pm | Report
It is, without a doubt, one of the quickest (most effective) damage items you can build.

Holy Fervor + Malady + Sorcerer's Shoes + Greater Mark of Magic Penetrationx9... They better have some ******ed MR early or the game isn't going to last long enough to make a difference considering the fact that you will be able to compeletely trample anything within seconds. And Guinsoo's Rageblade can't do that for you, though I would agree it is better for longer games.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
JMastiff
<Member>
JMastiff's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2012 6:00pm | Report

I'm not saying that she isn't strong or anything. I just think it doesn't pay off to learn her that well because I think she doesn't win a lot of matchups. Also I think a lot of mages are just more useful in most teamcomps. Great pushers, hard cc and sustain just beat her eventually. Vladimir is a mix of all and is probably her hardest counter. Mordekaiser is also extremely strong.

She just makes a certain style of counter pick. I bet someone from top on tourney will pick that way and she will get some attention from lower level players (and that's how sleepers awake generally). I don't give a ****, I build her tankier and deny farm as much as possible cause thats what she does best in line (besides farming like a baws btw, which seems to be cool nowadays).
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 28, 2012 1:58am | Report
The reason why Malady is bad is because it doesn't suit any type of champion in this current meta. The stats implies it's for a attack speed / AP hybrid and gives no resistances. If a champion was AS / AP, it's damage would be focused on AA's. However, you with an AA champion you need to get in close to consistently do damage. However, to get close you need to get tanky to not get bursted down, and malady doesn't give resistances. AS/APs don't work right now because there's no champion with a suitable kit that allows the AS AP champion to get in range to CONSISTENTLY do damage without getting bursted to death in a second.(maybe kayle idk i dont play her)
coolzzz
<Member>
coolzzz's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2012 6:23am | Report
I use a Malady on a TF build(there is one here on the forum) and it really wrecks people up.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2012 7:32am | Report
you know what really wrecks people up even better?

any other item

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Senac
<Member>
Senac's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2012 11:09am | Report
So.. We've decided that Malady is not secretly OP, eh?

I don't know if it counts, but if Poppy gets a decent laning phase, she'll start stomping. Or, that is what I've experienced so far.
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2012 7:45pm | Report
I never said Malady was OP, just useful. And champions don't absolutely NEED defense on every item they have. I can already agree that it doesn't scale very well into late game, but I will continue to use it on Kayle because it works extremely well. I also never really have to worry about running out of spaces because of it either. Nobody else has to build it, I really don't care.

About this meta-game, if people keep thinking about avoiding everything that doesn't work perfectly in today's meta-game, it will never change. Maybe you should watch a little bit of M5 and learn something. Meta-game does not exist in my eyes, just balanced teams.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2012 7:49pm | Report
M5 actually play the meta, they just like to confuse people by mixing up their lanes, picking unusual champions and doing a lot of jungle invades. That doesn't mean they're breaking the meta. The reason they won so much is because their teamwork and strategies allowed them to play the meta better than everyone else.

If anything a better example would be Dignitas with their AP Lulu top, AP Soraka mid, Kog'Maw/Corki + Janna/Taric bot and Mundo jungle. But even that still follows all the rules of the meta, just with a strong combination of a lot of healing and protection from non-standard and overpowered champions.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide