Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Who was your first champion?

Creator: Hades4u September 22, 2020 3:30am
Hades4u
<Lead Community Manager>
Hades4u's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 22, 2020 3:30am | Report
Hey all!

I was thinking about when I first played League in late 2009 after I've found out about the game from an X-Fire advertisement (it used to be a messenger app for gamers that offered an in-game overlay and tracked your playtime).

The first champion I've ever played was Alistar because he was really difficult to kill and he felt unstoppable. The fact that I could push enemies in my turret was also such a satisfying feeling, he was really the best first pick for me. It was pretty easy to understand his kit since I've moved from DotA 1 at the time, having prior experience with MOBAs.

That was a short story about my first champion and I'm curious to read yours! :D
Katasandra
<Lissandra Master>
Katasandra's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 22, 2020 8:37am | Report
Well well, since you are curious about it...

One day a friend I frequently gamed with was like "Hey [Katasandra], there is this game and I just know you're gonna love it." This was followed by the mandatory Thornmail Ashe and the following is from the first game I can remember: I picked Riven, I noticed that she had green themed ability icons (which looked cool!) and she was too complicated to play...

I don't even understand how you knew that there was a champion named Alistar that did all those things :|
Fruxo
<Administrator>
Fruxo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 22, 2020 9:20am | Report
My first champion when I first started was Ashe, because she seemed pretty simple to play. My first champion that I actually actively played was Xayah because I liked her kit a lot. The fact that she's unique and doesn't have the usual characteristics of an ADC (having a gun etc.) is what gave me interest.
Thanks to Janitsu for the sig!
Silverman43
<Versatility Master>
Silverman43's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 22, 2020 10:24am | Report
Actually it was Ashe because of the tutorial, but I don't really count her as my first champion. The first champion I bought and mained was Malphite. I remember going on the website of League after I decided to download it to check out some champions. Having zero clues of the game or Mobas in general, I just looked at some champions that seemed cool. I like non-humanoid champs so Malphite quickly drew my attention. His abilities looked nice and he was cheap, so I went for it. That same day I also discovered a bad *** tree spirit called Maokai, but he was more expensive so I bought him second. And the rest is history...
Thanks to @ Jovy for the signature!
Games4Eva
<Member>
Games4Eva's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 22, 2020 10:56am | Report
My first champion was Miss Fortune, simply because I wanted to play a female character and in the tutorial the only other choice was Ahri, but I didn't want her because she was too mainstream haha. Caitlyn was my first main, though I have no idea how I ended up picking her up. I have also warmed up to Ahri from there until now!
TheInkKingLoL
<Member>
TheInkKingLoL's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 22, 2020 10:56am | Report
The first champion I truly played and learned was definitely Ekko. When I first saw him I loved his design and theme of making use of time, as well as his skins (I started beginning of 2020). After getting him from the daily rewards at the beginning of the game I knew he would become my main champion.
"We tend to get mad at the ones that call us out but the fact is we need someone that'll be honest when we fly off the handle"
-NF
#LOST #CLOUDS
SELORONIOS
<Member>
SELORONIOS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 22, 2020 12:05pm | Report
I started in the middle of S9. My first was Ahri. the "Nine Tail Fox" reminded me of Kurama from Naruto so she was an obvious choice for me. However the first champ that I bought was Elise. But I F***ed up so hard with her that I gave up /:
I bought Nocturne next and he became my first main. He was my OTP champ in EuNE but I left there to make a fresh account on EuW and then started learning other champs. I still play him and have over 500k pts on him but there are so many champs in league and I don't think I'm able to keep my focus on a few of them :)
"What was, is, and will forever be."
Hades4u
<Lead Community Manager>
Hades4u's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 1, 2020 3:28am | Report
Those are some interesting stories. It's always fun to remember where we started and how bad we were. :D

In spite of that, discovering everything the game has to offer and all the champions and possible things you could do was the best thing, no matter how difficult the game was.
SenseYi
<Member>
SenseYi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 26, 2020 6:38am | Report
Hei!
The first champion I played was Master Yi.
The reason: because I played Metin2 (MMORPG) I played a lot of class or better said .. the character "Warrior" and I said at that time which character in this game would fit best with the so-called "Warrior". I looked over the list of champions (in season 5 I started playing) and noticed Master Yi.
"Doubt is the greatest enemy."
DutchWolf114
<Member>
DutchWolf114's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2020 10:26am | Report
First champ was Ashe, way back in season 3 I think. Loved the champ design and kit, despite she was weak as hell back then (pre-rework). Been thru (almost) every adc and support by now as "mains" (tho I never left the botlane lol).

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide