Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Why do people think that support is hardest...

Creator: cooper56 May 30, 2013 2:26pm
1 2 3 4
cooper56
<Member>
cooper56's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 30, 2013 2:26pm | Report
Its by far the role with having one of the most impact on the game. As a support your affecting four people in the game almost half the players in a match. Thats why i find it funny when people say who i need top to carry that role actually has least impact on the game even in bronze or plat. You 1v1 for most early-mid and maybe can put some pressure if you take tele and dont take ignite and for that you lose alot of kill potential top. I would say jungle is imo has most impact though since they can interact with anyone in game at any time.
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 30, 2013 2:39pm | Report
You can actually carry as a support, as long as your team isn't full ******.
If you can ward properly, and your team follows you while you do that, you'll win. Simply by having more vision than the enemy, baiting them into unfavorable fights for them.
This works especially in low ELO, where people have not the slightest map awareness let alone warding skills.

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg
i was only waiting for you to ask

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:
He looks like a hair gel advert on legs

Toshabi wrote:
Icecreamy, with hair as slick and smooth as the ocean waves of Cocobana
cooper56
<Member>
cooper56's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 30, 2013 2:43pm | Report
IceCreamy wrote:

You can actually carry as a support, as long as your team isn't full ******.
If you can ward properly, and your team follows you while you do that, you'll win. Simply by having more vision than the enemy, baiting them into unfavorable fights for them.
This works especially in low ELO, where people have not the slightest map awareness let alone warding skills.

Well the same can be said about alot roles. I mean i could be top go 10-1 get early tower it does not matter if bot and mid and jungle and all other lanes lose. Sometimes carrying is not about just getting your self fed honestly.
DKitten
<Member>
DKitten's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 30, 2013 2:43pm | Report
It is the hardest role to carry with. The purpose of a support is to purchase cheap items for the benefit of the team, not do massive damage, which is the defining purpose of a carry.

But yes, they have a huge impact on the game, especially if they're properly warding and using their active items. They open the way for mid and jungle to gank, can prevent sandwiching, and control objectives.

As per why people insist on top, a fed top does ridiculously well in teamfights. They can only get ganked from one side of the lane, so they need less wards up, and they are tanky, so they can survive initiating.
Build Guides:

Humor Guides:

Welcome to the wonderful world of supports. How can I help you today?
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 30, 2013 2:44pm | Report
Because it is rare for a support to be able to solo 1v1, deal damage, push towers and basically all the things necessary for a convincing carry to victory.

The times where a support will be congratulated for carrying the game is for making plays in association to his team. "Well done for carrying your ADC", "Good initiation on that last teamfight" and so on.

The support role is important, but is unable to carry by themselves. Whereas given the proper situation, a mid/top/ADC laner might be able to 1v5, kill 2-3 of them and still survive, or split push by themselves. There aren't many supports which are able to effectively split push by themselves.
cooper56
<Member>
cooper56's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 30, 2013 2:48pm | Report
sirell wrote:

Because it is rare for a support to be able to solo 1v1, deal damage, push towers and basically all the things necessary for a convincing carry to victory.

The times where a support will be congratulated for carrying the game is for making plays in association to his team. "Well done for carrying your ADC", "Good initiation on that last teamfight" and so on.

The support role is important, but is unable to carry by themselves. Whereas given the proper situation, a mid/top/ADC laner might be able to 1v5, kill 2-3 of them and still survive, or split push by themselves. There aren't many supports which are able to effectively split push by themselves.

You dont under stand you think carrying means doing dmg and 1v1 if anything support is carrying more than any other role since they carry them with wards and stats that help them.
Satella
<Member>
Satella's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 30, 2013 2:54pm | Report
cooper56 wrote:

You dont under stand you think carrying means doing dmg and 1v1 if anything support is carrying more than any other role since they carry them with wards and stats that help them.

>Spam-ward baron
>Flash lantern, lets Nasus steal baron
>Hook enemy AD
>Boxes whole team
>Flays them out of Death Lotus and Bullet Time
>Caitlyn gets a triple kill and they get aced

Xerath: gj cait
Renekton: nice one cait
Thresh: ;_;
Rewriting Riven Guide Useful Programs Thread Sig making
cooper56
<Member>
cooper56's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 30, 2013 3:00pm | Report
Satella wrote:

>Spam-ward baron
>Flash lantern, lets Nasus steal baron
>Hook enemy AD
>Boxes whole team
>Flays them out of Death Lotus and Bullet Time
>Caitlyn gets a triple kill and they get aced

Xerath: gj cait
Renekton: nice one cait
Thresh: ;_;

I dont find that stuff bothers me honestly as long as i win but yes alot people dont understand how much they help team.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 30, 2013 3:03pm | Report
cooper56 wrote:

So dealing damage and being able to quickly push towers isn't important or part of carrying?

Okay.
IAmByakuya
<Member>
IAmByakuya's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 30, 2013 3:34pm | Report
I like to support as long as I know my carry is competent...support can be fun but if the rest of your team are a bunch of idiots you just can't do ****.
Gave you a good laugh or helped? rep+ so i can know ;)

Thanks to TinyStar, Jhoi, Xiaowi, Virus, Bard and Arcana(eww)...for my signatures!

Elohell is like Irelia's stun: if your real level is equal or lower than the level you are in, you're STUNNED there forever. If your actual level is higher than the level you are in, you're just SLOWED in your way up.
1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide