Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Worst item

Creator: IceCreamy October 12, 2011 2:08pm
161 posts - page 5 of 17
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 12, 2011 7:09pm | Report
I am unconvince.

But must depart for sleep.
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 12, 2011 7:22pm | Report
I would talk about why every last one of those is useful, but that would take way too long. I must say though that some of the items you are comparing to each other are so different. Yes, both may have tenacity, but I need better boots than that. Oh yeah, and this game is going a little too quick for me to worry about that epic item that costs 3500+ when I could easily by something else that gives me exactly what I need for half the price and not all kinds of other questionable stuff.

Another thing... We all know that an aweful lot of items will never be seen in ranked play, but guess what. Most of the people that play LoL avoid ranked anyway. The smorgasbord of weapons is meant to tickle everybody's fancies. While one person finds something useless (or just doesn't like it), another person can't play a game without it (and always finds it useful).

It goes hand in hand with the way people think of games. Some people think that ganking is the absolute best way to win. Others think it is pushing, while some go with farming. Some would believe that early game determines everything, while others thing it makes nearly no difference, etc. All the while, the main idea is always to take the enemy nexus.

The same thing can't be taught to everybody the same way.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
Lazukin
<Member>
Lazukin's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 12, 2011 9:06pm | Report
Yeah, I always take Chalice on Galio unless I'm duo lane with Soraka or something.

Tiamat might have its place on some champions like Twitch. I'd imagine a Twitch with 6 tiamats using his ult could probably instakill some champions, I mean, that's a LOT of damage, like 25x one shot if there are minions nearby.

Even with 1-2 Tiamats they definitely are fun on him.

I make sigs, PM me if you want one :D (Thanks for the Nidalee sig, The_Nameless_Bard!)
BunkerBob
<Member>
BunkerBob's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 12, 2011 9:08pm | Report
I know what I'm trying tomorrow lol.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 12, 2011 9:11pm | Report
i dont care what you guys think but i dont like wriggles. at all.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 12, 2011 9:30pm | Report
^ XDDDD
Sacull_Kinslayer
<Member>
Sacull_Kinslayer's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 12, 2011 10:12pm | Report
Wriggles is awesome on Jarvan Tank. Try it sometime. AD, Armor, great farming tool, and a free ward. There is a reason many high elo consider this item a must on all AD champs.

I have seen a Twitch with 2 Tiamats... he did some sick damage in team fights with his ult. He also died very fast. But such is life for a rat...

Oh and Nasher's is great on Kayle.
Did I manage to assist you in any way? Hook me up by hitting that nifty +Rep button.

All guides have been archived due to my not being able to play LoL currently. The information is still there and is good but until I return they will be archived. I am able to keep them updated and current though.

Vladimir's Blood Resource. Designed for beginner's and beyond.
Vladimir's Blood Resource: Post Nerf Edition.
The Exemplar of Tanking: Jarvan IV .

Making a Guide by jhoijhoi This is everything you need to know about making a guide. Amazing.

...and Buffy staked Edward. The End.
Icuonuez
<Member>
Icuonuez's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 12, 2011 10:45pm | Report
Temzilla wrote:

If you ignore the useless CDR (Teemo is a right click champ, and mushrooms shouldn't be a reason to waste money on an already item dependant champ in order to place more shrooms at a time.) then Nashor's is a worse, overpriced version of Malady.

Malady > Merc Treads > Gunblade or Bloodrazor > Frozen Mallet > two other defensive items (Wit's End+Atmas is my pair to funblade, and wit's end+banshee's for Bloodrazor) you don't really have room for Nashor's Tooth.

Though you make a point, let me ask you this. Do you build the same in every game? In situations where you don't need Magic Resist, I would take Nashor's over Wit's End. In situations where you don't need armor, I would take Nashor's over Atma's. The only time Teemo DOESN'T need Nashor's is when he's AD.

Oh and Nasher's is great on Kayle.

It's also usable on Kog'maw, though there are better options.

Special thanks to Keondre for the sig!

Due to inactivity, I am no longer reviewing guides. Sorry guys :(
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 12, 2011 11:03pm | Report
A friend of mine absolutely loves Nashor's Tooth on Kog'Maw, I personally think there are better items to get but he's not convinced.... :|

animorte wrote:

The smorgasbord of weapons is meant to tickle everybody's fancies. While one person finds something useless (or just doesn't like it), another person can't play a game without it (and always finds it useful).

It goes hand in hand with the way people think of games. Some people think that ganking is the absolute best way to win. Others think it is pushing, while some go with farming. Some would believe that early game determines everything, while others thing it makes nearly no difference, etc. All the while, the main idea is always to take the enemy nexus.

The same thing can't be taught to everybody the same way.

True, but there are still items that are simply superior to others, personal preference only goes so far

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
divic
<Member>
divic's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 12, 2011 11:11pm | Report
somehow I don't like the new Malady, old one had so good memories. (y, old one was ****py item too, but funny still :P)
In ranked games i try to use modern strategies, I have played for example Annie-support a year before it came famous.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide