Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Worst item

Creator: IceCreamy October 12, 2011 2:08pm
161 posts - page 6 of 17
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2011 12:43am | Report
Ionian Boots of Lucidity on supports? NO! I will dance on your grave when I pwn you with my Sorcerer's Shoes! I can buy other support items such as Deathfire Grasp and Soul Shroud to get my CDR on a support. imo they have use (but only very small) on champions like Renekton and Gangplank. But I still think that they can buy better boots.

Anyways I indeed almost only play normals, perhaps that is indeed why I have rarely seen Executioner's Calling.

btw funny to see that I go to sleep and when I come back there are 50 posts, seems like this is a topic that does need some discussion :P

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg
i was only waiting for you to ask

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:
He looks like a hair gel advert on legs

Toshabi wrote:
Icecreamy, with hair as slick and smooth as the ocean waves of Cocobana
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2011 12:45am | Report
Sorcerer's Shoes are just bad on supports like Soraka and Janna unless you're deliberately AP carrying with them. They just don't have enough offensive abilities to warrant the mPen, and Starcall shreds MR by itself.

Also, Abyssal Mask is a much better item for mPen since it actually supports your team with an aura. Especially since the heal/sustain nerfs, those CDR boots are really really handy.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2011 12:47am | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

Sorcerer's Shoes are just bad on supports like Soraka and Janna unless you're deliberately AP carrying with them. They just don't have enough offensive abilities to warrant the mPen, and Starcall shreds MR by itself.

Disagreed, I always buy those on Janna but perhaps I am an aggressive support :P

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:

Toshabi wrote:
Icuonuez
<Member>
Icuonuez's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2011 12:50am | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

Also, Abyssal Mask is a much better item for mPen since it actually supports your team with an aura. Especially since the heal/sustain nerfs, those CDR boots are really really handy.

I have to agree with Psiguard on this one. Supports can utilize Ionian Boots or Mercury's Treads much better than Sorcerer's Shoes. It's just the best way to play support.

Special thanks to Keondre for the sig!

Due to inactivity, I am no longer reviewing guides. Sorry guys :(
Adonikam
<Veteran>
Adonikam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2011 12:51am | Report
IceCreamy wrote:

Ionian Boots of Lucidity on supports? NO! I will dance on your grave when I pwn you with my Sorcerer's Shoes! I can buy other support items such as Deathfire Grasp and Soul Shroud to get my CDR on a support. imo they have use (but only very small) on champions like Renekton and Gangplank. But I still think that they can buy better boots.

Anyways I indeed almost only play normals, perhaps that is indeed why I have rarely seen Executioner's Calling.

btw funny to see that I go to sleep and when I come back there are 50 posts, seems like this is a topic that does need some discussion :P

When I support I don't even buy tier 2 boots until late-game. Even then I mostly buy Mercs anyway.

JHOIJHOI IS THE BESTEST PERSON IN THE WHOLE WORLD AND THIS SIG IS AMAZING TY <3
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2011 12:59am | Report
Adonikam wrote:

When I support I don't even buy tier 2 boots until late-game. Even then I mostly buy Mercs anyway.

I usually don't finish them until late game, and indeed Mercury's Treads is a fine item too but that is situational. Normally I find Sorcerer's Shoes a better choice ^^

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:

Toshabi wrote:
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2011 1:10am | Report
Tiamat for sure.
Leviathan also.

Ionian Boots of Lucidity are good boots on most champions o-o.
Moonflair Spellblade. Other tenacity items are decent.
Chalice of Harmony is a good item on Galio.
Fox Rage
<Member>
Fox Rage's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2011 1:10am | Report
IceCreamy wrote:

Executioner's Calling is a situational item, just like Madred and the Spellblade thing. It's awesome in certain situation (AKA vs a Swain, Dr. Mundo, Vladimir or AD/AS Sion) It may, in those situations, make the between a won or a loss teamfight.

Sorcerer's Shoes can be better than Ionian Boots of Lucidity on certain supports (For exemple, if you go support fiddlesticks). Who is your favorite support? I'd like to know so I can understand your point of view better ^^

+rep me and you'll get good karma, wich means you won't be reincarnated into a rock! Isn't that awesome?

But yes this idea has been discussed more than Pam Anderson's tits in a plastic surgeons office.
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2011 1:14am | Report
Fox Rage wrote:

Executioner's Calling is a situational item, just like Madred and the Spellblade thing. It's awesome in certain situation (AKA vs a Swain, Dr. Mundo, Vladimir or AD/AS Sion) It may, in those situations, make the between a won or a loss teamfight.

Sorcerer's Shoes can be better than Ionian Boots of Lucidity on certain supports (For exemple, if you go support fiddlesticks). Who is your favorite support? I'd like to know so I can understand your point of view better ^^

My main support is Janna, or Lux if you want to call her support (though I will hate you for it :D). I don't like playing healing supports because it makes me feel so useless... I heal people of who I am not sure if they are good players. But every support needs CDR, and I prefer to get it out of other sources then Ionian Boots of Lucidity.

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:

Toshabi wrote:
davidcarl
<Member>
davidcarl's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2011 3:25am | Report
How the heck is Leviathan useless anyway¿ Each and every item is useful in its own way until it becomes outdated and UP.
What's red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet at the same time? Rainbow

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide