Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Worst item

Creator: IceCreamy October 12, 2011 2:08pm
161 posts - page 8 of 17
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2011 9:47am | Report
Xenasis wrote:

Have fun reaching a DFG or Soul Shroud after -
Boots, 3 GP10 items (that's up to ~3500 already), 10-20 wards (1.5k-3k) and an Aegis (~2k), and don't try and tell me that other support items should be prioritised before those...

Sorcs are bad on supports, even ones without healing like Janna or GP. You deal minimal damage, but getting off that extra CC or extra shield can save someone's ***.

Do remember that the gp/5 items give you LOADS of gold to spend. Along with the ****load of assists you good it should not take that long to get those items. Perhaps Mercury's Treads are better then Sorcerer's Shoes, but I will never ever in my whole life buy Ionian Boots of Lucidity on any champion.

And btw I'm not buying 10-20 wards in early game... I have a team too, I'm not alone when it comes to warding. It's a common mistake many people make: "Hey we have a support, he/she is in charge of buying all wards and I don't have to do ****!" Wrong, because it's only 75 gold for one and it helps you so much - don't forget supports are not Lamborghini's, they can't go that fast :P

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg
i was only waiting for you to ask

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:
He looks like a hair gel advert on legs

Toshabi wrote:
Icecreamy, with hair as slick and smooth as the ocean waves of Cocobana
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2011 9:59am | Report
Supports shouldn't buy all the wards, but normally they buy the most wards. That's how it is and that's how it also should be.
Getting multiple gold/10 items is great but really doesn't make it viable to buy Sorcerer's Shoes.
Your role is not to deal damage, it is to heal and protect your teammates. In order to be able to do that, you need CDR and you need to reach the 40% cap ASAP.

Not even Mercury's Treads are viable imo, you really don't have a lot of gold to spend and even if you do get a lot of assists it is better to use that gold by buying an early Oracle's Elixir, more wards or more support (aura) items such as Will of the Ancients and Zeke's Harbinger.

As a support, you do what your team what your team needs you to do and that is save their *** by using heals or cc abilities such as Alistar's Pulverize/ Headbutt to prevent your enemies from finishing off one of your teammates. You don't want to deal damage let alone get kills, no reason to buy Sorcerer's Shoes.

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
Sacull_Kinslayer
<Member>
Sacull_Kinslayer's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2011 10:01am | Report
The problem with Leviathan versus the other items with stacks is that it is 1) for tanks and tanks die alot, in general get fewer kills, and usually just get assists which makes it hard to level up to 20 and 2) unlike the other stacking items it isn't even CLOSE to being the best option for pure HP... heck it isn't even the 2nd best option. I would rather have Frozen Mallet over it right now. Or Sunfire Aegis. And Warmog's Armor is head and shoulders better than it. It definitely needs a rework and something more added to it to make it worth taking a chance on. As it stands it simply IS NOT worth getting on anyone it was designed for (tanks).
Did I manage to assist you in any way? Hook me up by hitting that nifty +Rep button.

All guides have been archived due to my not being able to play LoL currently. The information is still there and is good but until I return they will be archived. I am able to keep them updated and current though.

Vladimir's Blood Resource. Designed for beginner's and beyond.
Vladimir's Blood Resource: Post Nerf Edition.
The Exemplar of Tanking: Jarvan IV .

Making a Guide by jhoijhoi This is everything you need to know about making a guide. Amazing.

...and Buffy staked Edward. The End.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2011 10:03am | Report
I would actually say Levi isn't that awful for it's cost. :P
Sacull_Kinslayer
<Member>
Sacull_Kinslayer's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2011 10:06am | Report
If you only look at cost and in theory it isn't awful for it's cost... but in practice it is horrid.
Did I manage to assist you in any way? Hook me up by hitting that nifty +Rep button.

All guides have been archived due to my not being able to play LoL currently. The information is still there and is good but until I return they will be archived. I am able to keep them updated and current though.

Vladimir's Blood Resource. Designed for beginner's and beyond.
Vladimir's Blood Resource: Post Nerf Edition.
The Exemplar of Tanking: Jarvan IV .

Making a Guide by jhoijhoi This is everything you need to know about making a guide. Amazing.

...and Buffy staked Edward. The End.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2011 10:08am | Report
Sorta. I just don't like stacking items but inb4 everyone hates on this statement, I think it's probly as good as Mejai's.
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2011 10:13am | Report
DuffTime wrote:

I think it's probly as good as Mejai's.

I would say it is just as bad as Mejai's, tbh.

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2011 10:55am | Report
I would agree with that statement Wayne :P
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2011 11:05am | Report
Leviathan is pretty terrible in theory. Assuming it is for tanks, and tanks are subject to dying instead of carries, it would be very difficult to maintain stacks.
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2011 11:06am | Report
IceCreamy wrote:

Do remember that the gp/5 items give you LOADS of gold to spend. Along with the ****load of assists you good it should not take that long to get those items. Perhaps Mercury's Treads are better then Sorcerer's Shoes, but I will never ever in my whole life buy Ionian Boots of Lucidity on any champion.

And btw I'm not buying 10-20 wards in early game... I have a team too, I'm not alone when it comes to warding. It's a common mistake many people make: "Hey we have a support, he/she is in charge of buying all wards and I don't have to do ****!" Wrong, because it's only 75 gold for one and it helps you so much - don't forget supports are not Lamborghini's, they can't go that fast :P

I know GP10 gives you loads of gold, that's why supports get them.

However, from the list I have above, you need 7k-8.5k. Supports really don't get 2k more than that for fancy DFGs in 90% of games.

In general, supports should be buying all of the wards, with the exception of solotop buying one or two. The price for keeping Dragon warded from 5-35 minutes is 750 gold... not to mention baron at 25m+, your lane, your jungle, their jungle, etc.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide