Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Worst item

Creator: IceCreamy October 12, 2011 2:08pm
161 posts - page 11 of 17
Ruin Sage
<Member>
Ruin Sage's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2011 4:26pm | Report
Also- SotD synergies well with anyone who has a natural on-hit ability, like TF or Jax, making it both faster and stronger.
Strength may win the fight, but style wins the crowd.

+rep if you like what I say, explain why if you don't.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2011 4:36pm | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

Wriggle's Lantern is amazing, even for laners for a variety of reasons.
Zeke's Harbinger (or just Emblem of Valour) is pretty good, and at least has a nice aura.
Bloodthirster provides the most lifesteal and a ton of raw power.
Doran's Blade is stackable, provides a lot of stats per gold, and can be bought very early.
Hextech Gunblade is a great hybrid item, provides a ton of lifesteal and spellvamp, gives AD and AP, and has a useful slow for an active.

Executioner's Calling gives an okay amount of lifesteal, a little bit of CrC and a very situational active.

Like I said, it's not a bad item. It's just outclassed by the other lifesteal items.

How is mortal strike situational? Ignite is carried by a lot of players and it's a summoner spell on a longish cooldown. You'll always want to counter an enemy who has high HP regen/life steal/spell vamp/Heals. Singed/Mundo/Soraka/Karma/Janna/Sona/Lee Sin/Olaf/Tryndamere/Xin Zhao/AD Sion etc. etc. All champs with the aforementioned abilities....All of them are made easier to kill or counter with ignite. EC provides the same dbuff....Where is the difference between the ms effects that makes Ignite less "situational" than EC?

All that....I'll agree EC isn't optimal, but the MS effect active is more beneficial than simply being "situational"
Sacull_Kinslayer
<Member>
Sacull_Kinslayer's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2011 8:08pm | Report
Xenasis wrote:

I know GP10 gives you loads of gold, that's why supports get them.

However, from the list I have above, you need 7k-8.5k. Supports really don't get 2k more than that for fancy DFGs in 90% of games.

In general, supports should be buying all of the wards, with the exception of solotop buying one or two. The price for keeping Dragon warded from 5-35 minutes is 750 gold... not to mention baron at 25m+, your lane, your jungle, their jungle, etc.

Wriggle's Lantern!
Did I manage to assist you in any way? Hook me up by hitting that nifty +Rep button.

All guides have been archived due to my not being able to play LoL currently. The information is still there and is good but until I return they will be archived. I am able to keep them updated and current though.

Vladimir's Blood Resource. Designed for beginner's and beyond.
Vladimir's Blood Resource: Post Nerf Edition.
The Exemplar of Tanking: Jarvan IV .

Making a Guide by jhoijhoi This is everything you need to know about making a guide. Amazing.

...and Buffy staked Edward. The End.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2011 11:02pm | Report

How is mortal strike situational? Ignite is carried by a lot of players and it's a summoner spell on a longish cooldown. You'll always want to counter an enemy who has high HP regen/life steal/spell vamp/Heals. Singed/Mundo/Soraka/Karma/Janna/Sona/Lee Sin/Olaf/Tryndamere/Xin Zhao/AD Sion etc. etc. All champs with the aforementioned abilities....All of them are made easier to kill or counter with ignite. EC provides the same dbuff....Where is the difference between the ms effects that makes Ignite less "situational" than EC?

All that....I'll agree EC isn't optimal, but the MS effect active is more beneficial than simply being "situational"

Janna/Lee Sin/Singed do not need to be countered by anti-healing. Xin Zhao depends on how he builds. Vlad is certainly one to include.

Most AP carries take Ignite. It just works the best for soloing and it works the best with bursty champions. When I play Veigar, Ignite nets me the first kill in mid almost every single game. There are very few games I see where a team has no Ignite at all.

Assuming your team has Ignite, chances are there is only one enemy champion worthy of the healing reduction late game (e.g. AD Sion). Just popping Ignite on that champion at appropriate times renders EC unnecessary.

Ignite > Executioner's Calling for two reasons. The first is that Ignite is available for netting early kills, while EC takes time to buy, so it's more for the mid to late game healing reduction. The second reason is that Ignite costs your team 0 gold and 0 item slots. Like I said earlier, it works great with AP casters and is a common pick, so getting that kind of situational item isn't necessary. The stats on EC aren't the greatest for late game either, which means it's occupying a slot that could be taken by a more powerful item. If there was a super-important spell than Ignite that casters had to get every game, this item would probably see more use.

Also, what do you mean by "MS effect"? To my knowledge, MS stands for Move Speed.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
Beeswarm17
<Member>
Beeswarm17's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2011 12:44am | Report
^ He meant MS as in "mortal strike".

How is mortal strike situational?
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2011 7:46am | Report
Buff for Leviathan:

NicknameMy wrote:

Leviathan

Combination Items: Ruby Crystal(475g)

Combination Cost: 800g

Cost: 1275g

• Effects
    • 180 Health
  • UNIQUE Passive
    • Your champion gains 55 health per stack, receiving 2 stacks for a kill or 1 stack for an assist. This effect can stack 20 times; you lose a third of your stacks if you die. At 20 stacks, your champion takes 15% less damage.
He is gonna kill you!!!
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2011 7:57am | Report
LOL!

Cause having a potential 1730 HP with 15% dmg reduction is balanced >:P
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2011 7:58am | Report
Ok, 50 should be better.

But well, it is a stack item and it is a gamble.^^ Only Twisted Fate with it would be op xD.^^

BTW: That way, the item would be perfect for Garen because of Courage^^. If you get it fully stacked, combined with atma's imapler and Force of Nature, you will just destroy anything. Well, you have to get the stacks^^.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2011 8:23am | Report
That's not really a gamble though, the 0 stack health is almost the same as giant's belt for only a little more money, so even if you couldn't get any stacks at all you wouldn't really have lost a lot.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2011 8:39am | Report
Ok, now you need ~5 stacks to get to the efficiency of Giant's Belt. Now it should be at the same balance like mejaj's soulstealer.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide