Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Xerath rework/changes announced!! New skin for...

Creator: Joxuu June 17, 2013 6:16am
1 2
throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 17, 2013 12:53pm | Report

He does, including Xerath. I'm just pointing out that now that Xerath's passive no longer gives him armor for free, the match-up is going to be even further in Talon's favour.

Talon is bad and counters nobody. If you want, pick my ap champ and take your talon and we'll see what's up. If you win, I'll buy you a steak dinner
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 17, 2013 1:03pm | Report
armor doesnt even make sense on xerath anyways, youre supposed to be far away and poke and then spam lightning bombs from far away in fights, better mana regen and magic pen will benefit him a lot more than armor

plus i dont think talon will be "better" against this new xerath considering he only needs to use one spell to stun (which has the range of his current stun while in siege mode) so talon isnt going to be getting close to xerath since the stun outranges his everything, and talon will have a hard time farming till he gets enough AD for his W to kill things since xerath can just R > E > W > Q and if hes fast enough itll only cost him a little mana for a lot of talons hp when he tries to get close to cs
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Kinen
<Member>
Kinen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 17, 2013 1:09pm | Report
luizdeh wrote:

I thought Talon countered everybody. :P

Xerath didn't need a rework. He was one of the strongest anti-siege champions in the game.

His rework was not done due to power issues. His low popularity was taken to be a symptom of design issues. Upon investigation they felt that Xerath felt clunky and had too little to do in locus of power once his ult was gone. He didn't live up to the theme of unlimited power that his lore and visuals are supposed to convey. The current iteration (largely concrete, mostly balancing numbers now) has Q modified to retain the poke play of the current WQ-exit combo despite locus being moved to a longer cooldown ultimate. E was changed to be more cohesive with his kit, becoming a narrow piercing line-nuke with stun, while W is now a mini-arcane barrage. His new locus gives him much more to do when Xerath sets up for long-range bombardment.

I'm a little tentative about the changes, I don't want a repeat of Karma's rework. That said, his changes in writing appear largely to my liking, so I look forwards to the changes with more than just curiosity.
Sig by Kinen|Nayaad
that's my IGN
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 17, 2013 1:45pm | Report
its not going to be a karma rework because they pulled the top xerath players and players with the most xerath games played to give input about the rework, with karma they just did it without letting people know what was happening
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 17, 2013 1:50pm | Report
still not quite trusting riot on reworks.

Sig made by elenah
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 17, 2013 2:36pm | Report

Talon is bad and counters nobody. If you want, pick my ap champ and take your talon and we'll see what's up. If you win, I'll buy you a steak dinner

Not on NA, and counterpick or not, you're diamond and I'm merely high gold. You've also been playing much longer than me.

You could try and 1v1 this guy though if you want?

If he doesn't accept your add request, tell h4xDefender to tell him to add you. Let me know how the 1v1 goes.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 17, 2013 3:13pm | Report
Okay kids, that's enough posturing for one thread.
Thanks to Lugignaf for the sig!
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 17, 2013 4:12pm | Report
I just remembered I promised myself that the first post would be the only one I made concerning Talon. Am sorry. :(

Xerath is cool nd stuffz. Rework will make a big strong xerath. ok.
A Chubby Baby
<Veteran>
A Chubby Baby's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2013 1:28am | Report
Sweet
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2013 9:59am | Report
The rework seems very interesting and a huge bet on "keep Xerath where they can't see you" which was always my thing about him. A lot of it will be in the numbers now, but I'm pretty optimistic about it. Not to mention the passive is weird/sexy.
Thank you Tsuki for the sig!

1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide