Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Champion guide rune page glitch

Creator: Penita13 August 20, 2017 12:28pm
1 2
Penita13
<Member>
Penita13's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 20, 2017 12:28pm | Report
So, I noticed this while updating my guide this evening, and as I didn't see any thread which mentioned it, I thought I would do so myself.

Upon editing the guide, I noticed that the runes in one of my 2 builds were missing. I went over to the rune editing screen and noticed how there were no runes layed out on the runepage. However, upon re-adding the runes, I noticed that the stats gained by the new runes were added onto the stats of the previously inserted runes, thusly noting impossibly high numbers. However, this did not happen on the second build. After reopening the editing screen and going directly to my second build, I noticed the old runes had reappeared. However, after going back to my first build, the runes had dissapeared there instead.

After having experienced this, it seems to me there are problems with loading in the runepage when switching from one build to another. I have taken the liberty of testing some different scenarios and here's what I've come up with as of now.

First off, the problem is not a visual glitch. After saving the guide with a "blank" rune page and going to the preview function, the runes were missing over there as well. This switched along with swapping the "blank" rune page to my 2nd build as described above. Secondly, this does not happen with any of the other aspects of the building tool. I have not yet tested whether this is stackable beyond 2 builds (though I am 99% sure it is) and whether this also occurs when the builds are on "team 2", rather than "team 1".

If need be, I am willing to make some screenshots, but I have not done so yet.

If there are any further questions, I try to be around regularly, so I hope I can answer them quickly.

Cheers,

Penita13

Thanks to myself for the signature ^^
Check out my Xerath guide
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 20, 2017 5:36pm | Report
Hey Penita, thanks for the detailed report. I've been playing around with the rune editor and haven't been able to replicate this problem. Is this only happening on your Xerath guide, or can you recreate the bug with a new guide as well?

Another question: Did you ever switch the order of builds 1 and 2? Sometimes changing the order can lead to bugs which we haven't been able to fix.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
Penita13
<Member>
Penita13's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2017 1:11am | Report
I have succesfully recreated the bug with a new guide. I also tried publishing it and the problem still carries through.

As for the order of the builds, I have not touched them. Besides, seeing as the glitch still occurs in a new and fresh guide, I can't see how the problem could lie there

If it helps I can describe what I do step by step.

PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2017 6:45pm | Report
Yes please! And screenshots if appropriate.

Like I said I wasn't able to replicate it, so I must be doing something different than you. :/
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
Penita13
<Member>
Penita13's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2017 2:10am | Report
So, for convenience I will be describing my proces with a new guide.

1) Click on the 'create guide' tab. Give the guide a title, I just named it test

2) Create 2 builds, both with the same champion (doesn't matter which one). I will be addressing them as 'build 1' and 'build 2'.

3) Create a rune page in both builds using the tool. I recommend choosing distinct runes, for example full AP or full armor.

4) After you have done this, save the guide (not publish) and leave the page.

5) open the editing screen of your testing guide once again, leaving you with the guide, 2 builds and no selected tabs of the guide tool.

6) Click on 'build 1' and navigate to the runes tab. The runes should appear here.

7) Afterwards, go to 'build 2'. Again, navigate to the runes tab. This time, however, there won't be any runes showing.

8) If you want to alter the situation by transferring the 'blank' rune page to the other build, you simply have to save again, leave the page, re-open the editing screen and click on 'build 2' first, instead of 'build 1'. Afterwards, open the build you didn't use and the problem should be duplicated.

I hope this has helped :D

PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2017 2:34am | Report
Thanks so much for the walkthrough. This is the first time I've seen this bug but I was able to replicate it by following the same steps. I'll make sure the devs are informed. Hopefully it's an easy fix!
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
Penita13
<Member>
Penita13's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2017 2:35am | Report
Glad to hear that. Good luck! :)

Penita13
<Member>
Penita13's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2017 1:36am | Report
By the way, could you let me know when this is fixed? Or otherwise, when the troublesolving has reached that stage, how to check if it is fixed? :)

PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2017 5:41pm | Report
I just tested the fix for this on the dev realm and it looks like it's working. Should be fixed on the live site tonight. :)

Edit: Fix is live now. @ Penita13
Thanks to Janitsu for the sig!
Penita13
<Member>
Penita13's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 24, 2017 4:55am | Report
It has been fixed. Thank you kindly :)

1 2

You need to log in before commenting.