Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

How about a subforum for all the ranked journey...

Creator: Wintermond April 14, 2012 4:38am
1 2
Zoki
<Member>
Zoki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2012 8:10am | Report
I think making a subforum for ranked journeys is too narrow, but a subforum for ranked games or maybe ranked gaming and tournaments would be nice.

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
Sigs made by: LaCorpse, jhoijhoi, Katoki, JEFFY40HANDS, The_Nameless_Bard and Sk1llbug
-||- Check out my Master Yi guide -||-
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2012 4:54pm | Report
If people feel the blog system is too inaccessible then maybe we should focus on fixing that before we start leading users to write blog-like forum threads? More visibility for the blog listings page, improved notification and subscription features, things like that. Let's say we manage to make blog visibility even better than forum visibility. You'd probably WANT to post in your blog instead. I'd like to make that happen :)
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2012 8:17pm | Report
I think the issue is that people want one place that they can "update" people about their ranked journey and not lose "followers". It's easier to read a thread and bump it than it is to create a new blog for each separate story and lose potential readers.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by me ♡
Wintermond
<Member>
Wintermond's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 18, 2012 7:46am | Report
^That's exactly the point of ranked threads.
Having a thread is more convenient for the author and easier to follow.
It's also easier to look back on ones previous games and see the progress one made.

El Psy Congroo.

|You can't spell slaughter without laughter.|

koksei
<Member>
koksei's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 18, 2012 7:52am | Report
Matt wrote:

If people feel the blog system is too inaccessible then maybe we should focus on fixing that before we start leading users to write blog-like forum threads? More visibility for the blog listings page, improved notification and subscription features, things like that. Let's say we manage to make blog visibility even better than forum visibility. You'd probably WANT to post in your blog instead. I'd like to make that happen :)

Well the "subscription" would be awesome.

I mean no1 will see if you edit your blog right now and doing a new 1 all the time is kinda annoying and feels more like spamming. So if you could somehow get a subscription-notification if the user updates his blog or it's on the frontpage like a normal post it would be way better.

~ Sig by Xiaowiriamu ~
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 18, 2012 3:46pm | Report
Zoki wrote:

I think making a subforum for ranked journeys is too narrow, but a subforum for ranked games or maybe ranked gaming and tournaments would be nice.

I think that would be a good idea. Then all the tourney talks, ranked journeys, and talking about pro players could go in there.
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 18, 2012 4:51pm | Report
A system to "subscribe" to blogs and have them appear on a feed page would partially help this.
In the ranked forum that was mentioned above (if it's created) we can:
  • Create a stickied thread specifically for posting ranked journey blog links
  • Allow the postings of said journeys (preferably those who don't blog) in the subforum
Zeprido is currently:Online
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
You can always call me Zep for short =D
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 18, 2012 6:26pm | Report
I think it's probably better not to do it in blogs because of how spammed the blog frontpage could become.

Also I just like threads better. :P
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide