Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

New Voting System

Creator: Apotheosis October 10, 2010 5:06pm
59 posts - page 6 of 6
1 2 3 4 5 6
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 20, 2010 11:52pm | Report
Hmmm lockdown. Well so far my WW guide is the top guide but many ppl (with no exeption of my friends) used other guides and ideas from em.
If you make something interesting, some nice ideas, just take a look at Magewick?

On the other hands its the ppl that make the guide reason why they dont go up in ratings.
Why? Coz after they posted the guide they totaly ignore them if they are not getting to the top.

Example. I made a very bad guide for Veigar. It got totaly WTFROTFLSTOMPed. Eventho i like the champ and i made a 100% rework on it. It still doesnt have 80+ in rating which is my goal when i make my guides. But it still gets viewed. be active, take some effort in those guides, keep the effort, i wasnt the first person here that made a WW guide. Before mine there were alot of other guides already. Mine was diferent. Mine was carefully done. Looked better, was easier to read, or any other factors that made it popular. But there were also ppl of 1 guide. Example could be Remain from Shaco build. He kept his guide updated, constantly adding new stuff, patches, even movies. He also made it to the top.

Instead of focusing that much on the trolls, just do your job.

I dont know how it works but ppl accualy play other builds and vote/comment them no matter that they are like 20'ish on the list. One by one vote and you will get some base. No need to nerdrage coz of some random downvotes. Just do your job. Do it good. Dont loose the effort. Be active, be constructive.

If you realy want to be succesfull here imho the 1st thing you should stop worrying about is the rating.

If we will get rid of this build spammage issue, ppl will accualy click on more builds. ATM in my eyes ppl get discouraged to check other builds just becouse they get a build-face-smash when they filter the Champion they wanted to check build for. If i would be a new person, and would like to check for example a Yi guide, i would check 1st 2-3 guides on the list, play the champ, than i would check some random builds (lookin at the names) if i wanted to test some of my own ideas how to play. This is why you should realy focus on getting your builds a nice "name" that describes your build.

I think that a HUGE part of my succes in the begining was Yi guide which contained "NOT A SPAM BUILD" in the name. When i saw how many poor quality guides were there, i wanted to highlight my guide in some way.

Think this way. **** THE TROLLS. They will always be some 11 yo kids that have nothing better to do rather than downvoting everything. SCREW the system (voting system :P).
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
Restrictnine#5232
<Veteran>
Restrictnine#5232's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 21, 2010 9:53am | Report
Hah. Its just really hard to get there. some of my guides are in the top ten of a champion, but just barely. most people dont look at those guides.my Udyr build hasnt gotten a vote in days, even though it is up to par with my other guides.
Click on the Banner to see my new and improved Udyr guide!

Guides By RestrictNine, A.K.A. Taggrin
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 21, 2010 10:40pm | Report
You know why? Answer yourself when was the last time you saw Udyr? and if you answer that ask yourself when was the 2nd time?

And now answer a question when did you last time see Ashe? :>

He is not a popular champ. You will get some attension when he will be freebie.

Oberron
<Member>
Oberron's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 21, 2010 10:41pm | Report
True story... I know that I don't just go around looking at all the guides just to look. I only look up chars that I can actually play that week... *GUILTY!*
Restrictnine#5232
<Veteran>
Restrictnine#5232's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 21, 2010 10:46pm | Report
Lol. I suppose. But not seeing udyrs often should mean no votes period. not downvotes.
Click on the Banner to see my new and improved Udyr guide!

Guides By RestrictNine, A.K.A. Taggrin
Chaotic Bliss
<Member>
Chaotic Bliss's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 22, 2010 12:43am | Report
Ok on this last page, Ive noticed something. DEWO said having something that sets your build apart from others. Having something that will hint to the builds uniqueness.

Udyr was brought up recently. I first tried him, and bombed. But than I did the research. And the voting system helped with that. I always check the top builds, and some others on a list of champs. This allowed me to see how others built Udyr, but they were all the same in some way.

What set mine apart, was the title. Udyr: Tiger Stance Burst

Whats different about that? Tiger Stance. You talk to any Udyr player, and they will tell you that Tiger is his less desireable skill. I got tired of seeing that. I changed it up, and in a lil over a week I got over 200 views. I think is due to the title of the build. Tiger Stance is under-rated, and I made a build that made the best of it. I got one up vote and one down vote. Personally I think that the DV, came because the build isnt based around Udyr's tankiness or its not a Phoenix AP. I didnt make the build to get votes. I built it to give Udyr players something different. Something that wasnt the same thing only with different items. Hell I do that with most of my builds.

Im a theory crafter, and I take hours making the guides I do. They are long, have pic, and such, but I also go into details. First look at my build, and Im sure people have thought this is a lame build. And I know that no one likes to read long descriptions, but in each of my builds, I always try to give as much detail as possible, so that I might be able to answer any and all questions that users might have.

Someone mentioned the different styles of play, and they mentioned Taric. I think it was Six.

He built a damn good Aura Support Taric. One of the best Ive seen, and its got great views and rating. 10 out of 13 likes is good. There is feedback and disscusion. That should be more than enough IMHO. Now since there are many styles to Taric, Six has a great Aura Support, but that because Taric is known for that. Six built what people know Taric for. I play Nuke Support. I build AP and play Glass Cannon. My build isnt the normal Taric, therefore I get no votes. does that bother me, yeah a lil, but its got 500+ views. I feel good about that since, I know that people are looking at it. Someone might not want to comment, since my build isnt the norm. Thats fine by me, cuz I know that my guide is getting attention.

I do think that some guides are successful because of who posts on them. My Evelynn builds for example. If Scrax hadnt have posted, they wouldnt have lived as long as they did. Scrax is known for his builds, and since someone saw he posted he approved, they felt more confindent about speaking up. I have Scrax's approval on Evelynn, Kayle, and a few other ideas I have. Working with Scrax has helped me gain more confidence in my builds. I have had Shrillex post on my AP Alistar build. This is another 1/2 50% rating, but its name sets it apart from the other builds. Shrillex posted, I explained, and Im waiting for Shrillex's feedback. If I get Vet approval, and it gets noticed on the main page, than others will come see what the vet thinks. Vet have power. Look at what Scrax did to me.

Im not one to DV without leaving a comment. Im not ashamed to DV and say why. I might get a revenge DV... IDC. I know my builds rock, and if someone didnt like what I had to say tough. I try to explain nicely why I DV'd and things go ok.

Personally I think that the rating system shouldnt be just yes or no. Maybe add something like options. Example: Creativity, Detailed, Solidness of the build, and Potential. You will always find someone that will DV something for some reason. Cant help that, but if someone gets a +1 for creativity, than they know that they have something. They might have to tweak it, but they can make it better. If they get a +1 because their build covers everything that needs to be known, than they know that they can get their idea across.

That can also be applied to DVing. There are a lot of builds that are exactly the same. The Lux builds mentioned for example. They are so close, that people are DVing them. The fact that the builds are too similar might be why the DVing happened. So instead of making a simple up vote or down vote, why not add things, than have an overall build vote. This will ensure that people arent just scanning builds, say yes or no, but making people read the descriptions. Getting involved and having to do some work.

Example: My Master Yi build. I had to redo it, for better construction. When I put it back out there, it got a +1 since it was 'interesting'. Uniqueness is something that it got a +1 for. It wasnt like all the other Yi builds. So if MOBA added the 'Stat' Creativiness, it would get a +1. There would be another option that said 'Details'. If that first post liked the detail they could up vote that box too. Same with 'Potential'. If a vet saw a build and thought 'It could use some work, so Ill comment and if they tweak it, Ill +1' than this 'Stat would be useful.

It got a raging DV from someone that didnt like my comment on their build. So this person would be like DV everything. But thats gonna happen anyway. Someone will do it.

The overall vote would be what each user who votes thinks of it. They might vote Creativity +1, Details -1, Soldiness +1, Potential +1, and the overall is +1. They can be all +1, -1, two +1s and two -1s, but still overall vote +1. I think that adding things might make people look more at their builds. Comments help too.

I like the Idea of Vet recommendations. People listen to what Vets say.

Wall of Text, sorry for rambling. just my 2cents

Links below lead to victory. Choose your path

Pillars of Justice

Seeds of Chaos

Open your minds

Skype me at: chaotic_bliss1
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 22, 2010 1:10am | Report
I do think that some guides are successful because of who posts on them.

Its not like that.
I can be an example. I have a guide that is one of my top builds (in my head ofc not in rating on MOBAFire) It's Vlad build. I've tested it so hard that i am 100% possitive sure of its value (to me) same goes for Veig on the sidenote.

But somhow my Vlad/Veig build is "only" 64%/58% - which is quite... low. Those builds are 7th/6th on the lists. So beeing recognised does not help with ratings much.

I HAVE TO agree that what you posted works EXTREMALY well on "recognision" part. Paired with a Veteran color status it just shines there and screems "click me".

So "famous" is not succes, its recognision.

Just like Paris Hillton. She is famous, she is recognized everywhere but still do you think she is succesfull? :>

Tr4ce
<Member>
Tr4ce's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 22, 2010 1:17am | Report
What do you mean by sucessful?

Cuz she's sucessfull just by being a B****.... Although she inherited money which made her become famous quickly...later she had her show....clothing line...has a lot of publicity...show apperances... Which have made her successfull although people still think shes a dumb blonde :/...and while people watch her be stupid..shes actually getting paid for it.
Chaotic Bliss
<Member>
Chaotic Bliss's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 22, 2010 6:42am | Report
DEWO your Veigar and Vlad builds have a total of 20+ votes. You might not have 20+ likes, but you you have other builds, that are far more successful. You have other builds that make you famous in the MOBA community. You have high 50% rating, but you have more +1 votes than most people. IDK about you, but IDK about the percentage rating. But the fact that 10+ people like that I have. That would be more than enough for me. Maybe you hold your self to such high standards since some of your other builds are so successful.

You are right that fame=/=success, fame=recgonition. But for someone like me, who has so many builds, getting a vet to comment nothing but good or how to improve and get that +1 from them, thats successful. Getting recognition from someone with status is what we all strive for. Or I do anyway. I love when someone comments on my builds, and I can either defend my build, explain it (Alistar build with Shrillex), or brag about it (Evelynn Madness builds). For some of us non-Vets who are putting our ideas out there, want to get that recognition for a Vet. To have a Vet comment and +1 is a success. Some of us want to have builds with your ratings, but some of us just want to hear that our builds are good. It kinda means more from a Vet, but getting feedback might be worth more instead of a vote.

Many builds are good, and someone might DV them cuz they tried it and failed, they got DV'd out of rage, or what ever the reason. Maybe the voting system could have something like a comfirmation Captcha. Or if someone votes a smaller screen will pop asking why you voted like you did. Or with the Stats I mentioned. This will go to mods, more work for them but it can stop raging and revenge votes, they will have the final word on if the build gets the vote. This will allow people to comment, but not random DV, Raging DV, etc. MOBA might have to hire a few people to do this, but it might work. There is nothing present to stop someone from spam DVs. This will allow them to commit to the DV. If they are forced to commit they might not follow through.

Just a Thought

Links below lead to victory. Choose your path

Pillars of Justice

Seeds of Chaos

Open your minds

Skype me at: chaotic_bliss1
1 2 3 4 5 6

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide