Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

(Possible bug?) When i google for guides, it...

Creator: buttercup January 20, 2014 7:20pm
1 2
buttercup
<Member>
buttercup's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 20, 2014 7:20pm | Report
Hi guys, my name is Buttercup, and I have noticed this possible bug when I became a guide author. In the past, I just simply google search for something etc like "lux guide" and open the 1st guide on the list. But as S4 happened and new guides emerge, here is what I noticed:

This is the usual page that I check my own guide's ranking on (which look like what has been the incoporated new ranking system):

Seems great. But this page does not exist when I google search it on the cellphone or something like that. But instead, below is the page that appears:

A lot of S3 guides. So on the following page where you would always land when you google search it, people will find a lot of the guides on the top are no longer updated for significant periods of time, so I hope this get fixed soon according to the new ranking system :)

Thank you and best regards,
Buttercup

P.S: The problem persists when I use the list of the champions on the bottom of the mobafire site.

-NA- Veng Lmfao
<Altruistic Artist>
-NA- Veng Lmfao's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 20, 2014 11:23pm | Report
It's 2 different url addresses.
Type in the address manually instead of doing a google search.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 20, 2014 11:39pm | Report

It's 2 different url addresses.
Type in the address manually instead of doing a google search.

Adding on to this, it seem that the champion info page, i.e. the first one, shows only season 4 guides. The second image however, being the "champion guide" page, is giving just overall guides based on score.
True love is found only in yourself.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 20, 2014 11:52pm | Report
I don't think expired guides should appear in the search by default. So even if people are finding their way to champion pages by google, they shouldn't be presented with guides that no longer apply.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by me ♡
buttercup
<Member>
buttercup's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 21, 2014 1:24am | Report
Yes, what jhoi said :O

It would be better if fresh guides appear when we google it instead of the outdated ones as s4 has some major changes applied to it. :)

Harness the power of the seas, and wash away the wounds of the battle.
-NA- Veng Lmfao
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 21, 2014 2:52am | Report
Okay, I haven't 100% checked it but it seems common sense to me.

It's showing the S3 page as the S3 page has been searched and clicked on hundreds of thousands of times more than the S4 page.
Google doesn't know LoL S4 has started.
buttercup
<Member>
buttercup's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 21, 2014 3:21pm | Report
That's why it needs to be fixed :3
I guess it's not necessarily a bug, but moba needs to catch up with the updates :P

-NA- Veng Lmfao
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 21, 2014 5:45pm | Report
I don't think Mobafire have command over google's pre-determined search filters.
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 21, 2014 5:47pm | Report
It's not a bug. You can also google archived guides and they'll show up; if you know the exact title.
buttercup
<Member>
buttercup's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 22, 2014 7:00pm | Report
oh, I guess it isn't really considered a bug (sorry about my misconception about bugs), but rather, a feature that needs to be updated
; w ;

My idea is that after the update, when [new] players google search it, Mobafire should show us S4 guides on the top instead of S3. I don't really know how that could be achieved, so at least the pages from the bottom of the mobafire site could be fixed, right? (Redirect it to the S4 ranked url, instead of the old page thingy) and that'd probably help too OwO

1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide