Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

"Last Edited on blah blah"

Creator: jhoijhoi July 12, 2011 8:06am
1 2
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 12, 2011 8:06am | Report
Basically in other forum-like places I have been to, posts and threads and guides and articles and recipes ect show when/how many times the item has been edited.

For example, my "Will Review for Food Thread" at youngwriterssociety.com displays this at the end of the thread:

Quoted:
Last edited by seeminglymeaningless on Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:03 pm, edited 48 times in total.

Another post/thread by me states:

Quoted:
Last edited by seeminglymeaningless on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:42 am, edited 30 times in total.

This allowed other reviewers/readers to see that, yes, this user listened to advice, this user edited their work, this user put effort into what they are showing to the world.

I was just wondering if this sort of tracker could be added to the Guides on this site. I would truly like to see how many times I have edited my guide, as I'm sure it has to have been over 100 times by now :)

This is not important, of course, just curious about if this could be implemented/if anyone else thought this would be a good idea.

We already have:

Quoted:
Created by: jhoijhoi on 2011-03-23 :: Viewed 103146 times

that sort of bar, so adding:

Quoted:
:: Last edited on Wed July 13, 2011 01:04 am :: Edited 121 times in total

wouldn't be that hard, would it?
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by me ♡
Summoner
<Member>
Summoner's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 12, 2011 8:39am | Report
I would agree for posts, but for guides it's probably just better if the user adds a "change log" sort of chapter. If they make significant changes that they feel should be documented and people should be informed of, then they can put that in. What if someone has edited their guide 200 times but have only fixed typos constantly and kept experimenting with formatting?

Dunno, for guides it's easier to just let people know in a change log if you've changed something dramatically that would warrant a re-read.
PINK
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 12, 2011 10:36am | Report
Seems rather unnecessary to me.

Edit: both on comments and guides, that is.
Sittin' on chimneys, putting fire up my ***.

"I biked 12km in a blizzard today and mice are chewing on my chocolate bars. Life's good."
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 12, 2011 10:52am | Report
Summoner: The problem with a change log is that not many authors have the initiative to keep such a thing up. I do on my Amumu guide, but on my others, I don't. I think Jhoi's suggestion could be useful for guides - just minimally.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 12, 2011 2:53pm | Report
I approve :3

and lol my change log is so long...

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 12, 2011 5:56pm | Report
^Same as Wrath, my changelog is huge, and I wish I had reserved first comment to put it all there :(

New people to this site should have to wait like 2 weeks or something before publishing their guide, just so they have time to look around first.

♡ sig by owentheawesomer ♡
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 12, 2011 7:35pm | Report
what does that have to do with this thread at all T_T

and no,

we get a lot of our userbase from ppl joining just to make guides, especially for new champs, this would piss a lot of ppl off and decrease our new user flow by a large chunk.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 12, 2011 8:47pm | Report
y u angry

:P

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 12, 2011 11:14pm | Report
I also wish the little pop-up description on each thread would update when the OP is changed.
orochinagi
<Member>
orochinagi's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 13, 2011 11:17am | Report
This would help on guides, showing when the last edit was done would help a lot to know if the guide is outdated or not :)
61. When in doubt, ward.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide