Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Regarding Comment 2 Vote

Creator: JunSupport April 6, 2011 8:51pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

132 posts - page 3 of 14
Booshido
<Member>
Booshido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 14, 2011 6:20am | Report
it will just enocourage a ridiculus amount of random -1's still, this 20 cap is like never having C2V in the first place, people creating new guides can easily -1 the guides obove there own will no worries. should be like 100 votes but w/e.
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 14, 2011 6:33am | Report
I just don't even have the energy to keep repeating myself any more. It's better this way whether you can see it or not. Luckily, most people now understand why the public voting system was flawed to begin with.
Adonikam
<Veteran>
Adonikam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 14, 2011 6:36am | Report
Booshido wrote:

it will just enocourage a ridiculus amount of random -1's still, this 20 cap is like never having C2V in the first place, people creating new guides can easily -1 the guides obove there own will no worries. should be like 100 votes but w/e.

Most guides barely break 20 votes.
Australians, the best gamers in the world combined with the worst ping.
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 14, 2011 6:41am | Report
From the sounds of it, everyone wants to eliminate trolls completely. Every system will have flaws, no matter what. But hey, let's just make every guide 100% from the sounds from this thread.

Booshido
<Member>
Booshido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 14, 2011 6:50am | Report
i could use the same arugment giving to me, all downvotes are troll votes? the reasons it was implemented just dont make sense to me but its cool i guess, imma go downvotes guides not up to my standerds
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 14, 2011 7:31am | Report
Well, it is your opinion right? :)

Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 14, 2011 7:57am | Report
You're going to go use the voting system to freely state your opinion and help us rank guides more accurately without fear of retaliation voting and angry PMs? Cool :)
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 14, 2011 8:06am | Report
Booshido, you don't see it from our point of view. We have a total of.. Pff, 60 reports right now. Out of all of them, 90% are people crying about getting down-voted. ONE HUNDRED PERCENT of the users reported are CLEAN. People are CRAZY about scores, so they report every single down-vote they find something to pick on. Most common one was "He made his account <insert day no longer away than a week> so he must be trolling".

Now, the thing is, there ISN'T that many "trolls" going around here down-voting just to down-vote. Sure, you can link me to people that have a lot of red bars in their activity history, but does that mean they down-vote to down-vote, or do they down-vote to express their feelings about the guide? C2V system made the entire community afraid of down-votes, and to have legitimate scores on guides you need down-votes.

With the C2V system we had almost no down-votes, and those who down-votes got reported for trolling. Everyone is afraid to down-vote because people will see who they are, call them a troll, and report them. People won't down-vote in fear of retaliation, and so on and so on. Now the guides made after C2V, at least almost all of them, truly do not deserve the score they have. Harsh, but true.

Without the C2V system permanently, people vote to express their feelings about a guide. Not they can FREELY CHOOSE if they want to state their feeling in a comment or not after the guide has grown a bit. 1) Incoming troll reports have gone down. 2) People actually down-vote. 3) Guide scores will now be more justified.

All in all it was the best decision, but voting systems will always have flaws. We're not SoloMid, we're a community by the community. If scores mean more than helping players with your guides, and you dread down-votes more than the devil, you're in for one hell of a ride mate.
Booshido
<Member>
Booshido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 14, 2011 8:42am | Report
Ok, sorry. Just back to old days when it was fine what a viscous circle that was:]. Then up side is people can actully downvote now without having 2 day argument over a couple downvotes. Yes Im talking about me and adonikam Dow voting a less viable amumu guide as it shudnt be first place. Then being aploigised to. As u can downvote for almost any ressoneight so long as it's "opinion". Armrest it gets more fair and less stress for Matt mods and vets nice work.
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 14, 2011 8:42am | Report
Heh, community grows and we have to grow with it mate :)!

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide