Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Regarding Comment 2 Vote

Creator: JunSupport April 6, 2011 8:51pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

132 posts - page 6 of 14
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 10, 2011 3:35pm | Report
People need to realize that a downvote usually means you need to change something. I freaked out over my first downvote, I'll freely admit that. But you know what I realized? That sometimes you just gotta listen, people do know what they're talking about. (I went and changed my guide based on the comments of the couple downvotes and you know what happened? one of the people came and changed their downvote to an upvote.)

Oooh and Trolls are gonna troll, so ignore 'em. If you react they're getting what they want.
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 10, 2011 3:37pm | Report
Trust me when I say that is exactly what we keep saying, it just doesn't sink in. Also, many of the users that report a "troll" vote isn't active on the forums, so they never read the thread.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 10, 2011 3:43pm | Report
There should clearly be a required read for people who want to publish guides that includes stuff like this.
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 10, 2011 3:49pm | Report
I couldn't agree more! :)
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 10, 2011 8:31pm | Report

People need to realize that a downvote usually means you need to change something.

That's not really true. A downvote means someone doesn't like a guide, and unless a guide completely sucks anyone with an opinion regarding the guide will leave a comment. Most people who downvote don't give you their opinions at all, just downvote since they don't like it for some reason.

I still defend that around 70% of downvotes are troll-votes.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 10, 2011 8:43pm | Report
If they have a legitimate reason it's not a troll vote. "Terrible guide" is still a legitimate reason, even if it's not well explained.
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 11, 2011 12:48pm | Report
one thing is a terrible guide, which has no way of becoming good unless it's completely changed.
But what does a down vote with no comment mean on a good or above average guide? It means that there are trolls in mobafire.
AnIh
<Member>
AnIh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 11, 2011 12:51pm | Report
i never had c2v on my guide and he is 10/11 , there is as many guys too lazy to write a comment to +1 than trolls too afraid to -1 so its pointless to care about it .
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 11, 2011 12:57pm | Report
Canoas, that isn't necessarily true. Let's say an inexperienced user down-votes a guide because he thinks his way of playing is right, when in reality said guide actually shows a better way of playing. Is he trolling then? No, he's giving his opinion on the matter. What could the guide writer do? Explain his choice of items, gameplay etc. What would this do? Hopefully enlighten those players to up-vote instead of down-vote.
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2011 4:03am | Report
JunSupport wrote:

What if the C2V requirement was only a temporary application?

Like, after 60 votes, C2V could no longer apply.

My reasoning behind this is that:
1. C2V is made to protect authors from troll votes
2. After a while, ratings get inflated, especially if they hit the monthly top 10 list. So the "protection" backfires.
3. The issue with starting without C2V altogether is that ratings drop too heavily based on 1~2 votes, which really hurts the confidence of the author.

If it were only temporary, it could give guides protection from troll votes early on until it had a stable enough rating to be properly rated when votes are anonymous.
This would be similar to a parent-child scenario; we only give the guides protection early on, but it has to be able to handle things on its own once it's had enough time (votes).

Ok i know this is a ressurection of a necro thread but...
1. C2V is made to protect authors from troll votes ( WTF? Noooo.... C2V was tbh a "test" how it would work. It did work like a "protection" but also gave us (and still gives) plenty of reports... this was a test on stuff "what if we require a comment to each vote". This was a BAD idea and we all admit it. And for sure C2V wasnt something to protect you... YOUR OWN WORDS AND STATEMENTS INSIDE THE BUILD are for this.

3. The issue with starting without C2V altogether is that ratings drop too heavily based on 1~2 votes, which really hurts the confidence of the author.
(Should we even care? If the author cant take a single vote kick... than imho shouldnt be posting ANY guide at all. Thiese are for ppl not for him when will ppl understand this.

"If it were only temporary, it could give guides protection from troll votes early on until it had a stable enough rating to be properly rated when votes are anonymous."
Why not giving them 100% just to shut them up and make their rating drop from 100% when they get 500+ votes when you need 50 votes to get a single % off as an example?

The C2V option is set to 20 becouse most of the guides get max this amount. We want more votes, we dont care about +1/-1 we just want more votes and C2V is blocking those.
Also there are guides that dotn need C2V to be viable. Or real builders that dont care about those. Due to c2v option many ****py builds were getting only +1 votes anyway making those viable (even those before this option was enabled) guides beeing pushed back.

We want this whole C2V option to be totaly disabled one day...
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide