Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Regarding Comment 2 Vote

Creator: JunSupport April 6, 2011 8:51pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

132 posts - page 9 of 14
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2011 9:16am | Report

It's not that i want votes so badly, i want to know what those people are thinking, EVEN IF they are trolling, like i care bout votes, i want to improve my entire guide, this means playstyle, build, explanations, typo's etc, everything..

Neither am i crying its more like being pissed that such a flaw is in this system....

How am i supposed to improve it when you basicly ''allow'' people to be lazy and just up or downvote.
IF people actually are disliking the build or in disagreement they now can just -1 without an explanation (even if just trolling, most at least write something usefull) now anyone who up or downvotes is basicly clear of any ''work'' (as in writing something) thus they are more eagered to up or downvote which is a BAD thing, votes are useless if we don't even know WHY they up or downvoted.

Sure there are fights and *****ing, but come on, people who are actually devoted to make a good guide are now totally screwed over since they won't get any comments, how to improve without feedback huh? It's impossible.

C2V won't make someone to put down their opinion. It didn't work last time, it won't work again.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2011 9:46am | Report
You need to understand that you can't force feedback. You will only force bad attitude. Regardless if they comment when voting the vote is still valid. They are stating their opinion with it.
FreestyleZer0
<Member>
FreestyleZer0's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2011 10:15am | Report
Stating something requires something to be said or shown.
Since it it a forum it is the latter ''shown'' and since nothing is written there is no statement, numbers mean nothing, a comment such as "meh" or "i like pancakes" shows they don't care, a comment such as "dont like the order" shows the reason.

But mere numbers, this only shows people are capable of klicking a button..........

It won't make someone put down their opinion? so blegh or blah is not an opinion (which is an opinion according to the mods/admin) huh???
What can't be forced is proper usefull feedback, but what CAN and SHOULD be forced is the requirement to at least say something, thus encouraging alot of people to actually at least say something like, i don't like your skilling order or item order etc.
People are lazy of nature, and to actually nurture that lazyness by allowing a simple klick is mere stupidity -_-.

IF you want this website to have good guides, make the people who visit this and the guide makers at least do something for it even if it means flaming and trolling will occur sometimes.
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2011 10:17am | Report
Forcing them to comment will just make them not vote nor comment at all.

This has been discussed through and through a billion of times, it's a discussion that's exhausted and everything you've been saying has been said before.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2011 10:23am | Report
Have you thought about vote categories? with optional comment to vote until however many votes?
Sure this would require more coding and effort, but it would allow for a better representation of how people view the guide.
Options like:
"Strongly Agree with/Really like",
"Agree with/Like",
"No opinion",
"Disagree with/don't like",
and "Strongly Disagree with/Really don't like"
FreestyleZer0
<Member>
FreestyleZer0's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2011 10:23am | Report
Wow, then it seems rather pointless to stick on mobafire i guess, if this website can't even see the importance of trying to get its visitors actually involved with the guides and their creators then i guess its level is going to the oceans floor....

For quick refference on builds this site might be good, but apparently that's all there is to it as this website doesn't even have the balls to deal with flaming and trolling or the determination to try and get the most important group involved (the visitors or ''customers'' if that makes more sense).
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2011 10:27am | Report
And my comment gets completely glossed over...O.o lol
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2011 10:27am | Report
Remember that the VOTES and SCORES are for the READERS, not the GUIDE CREATORS. The COMMENTS/FEEDBACK is for the GUIDE CREATOR. Do not confuse these two with each other. The current C2V at 20 votes gives the guide a very good base amount of votes to nudge it up a little.

The system cannot be perfected, but right now this is the best solution.

@Nameless: I like that idea, but should we really make voting such a big hassle? Remember that users just wanna vote on what they see without having to review it, click a lot of categories and whatnot. I'm not saying I don't want this on the website, I've suggested it myself before too, but we have to keep in mind the behavior of the community.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2011 10:30am | Report
I think it would deter troll votes, because you couldn't just click the thumbs down and put "coconuts". (or any other nonsense)
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2011 10:34am | Report
True, but then they could just put some false reason, giving the guide creator false information. Also the more lazy legit voters would probably just go "Can't be arsed" and ignore voting all together.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide