Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Regarding Comment 2 Vote

Creator: JunSupport April 6, 2011 8:51pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

132 posts - page 8 of 14
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 16, 2011 2:09pm | Report
I'm just curious how the numbers are worked (it's clearly not a normal upvotes/total votes calculation).
And I already read the thread about it...I just can't figure out the actual, like, maths involved.
AnIh
<Member>
AnIh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 16, 2011 2:10pm | Report
its a weight system , the first votes got their weight lowered hard so if you are say 2/2 you wont have 100% :o
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 16, 2011 2:12pm | Report
it just sucks when 1 downvote changes the entire rating by 3-4% (when you actually had a pretty good number of upvotes)...
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 16, 2011 2:12pm | Report

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 16, 2011 2:15pm | Report
Math, my old nemesis...
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 16, 2011 2:23pm | Report

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 16, 2011 2:26pm | Report
FreestyleZer0
<Member>
FreestyleZer0's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2011 8:21am | Report
What the eck?

Seriously is the normal comment to vote no longer applicable or what.

As far as i saw i had comment to vote required on but people can just vote without saying anything, how am i supposed to know wether someone is making accounts or bugvoting(multiple votes by some kind of bug) like this.

This is one HUGE FLAW.......

4 downvotes in 1 day and no comment, how the hell am i supposed to make heads or tails out of this -_-, if it were trollvotes at least i'd know which would ease my mind, now i have 100% uncertainty about all this....

And thank you very much for locking my thread on general without any warning like *wrong section*.......
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2011 8:26am | Report
I locked it because you got it answered. There are things to prevent multiple IP cheating, so please don't go paranoid and cry when you get down-voted. It's not the freaking end of the world.

Thing is that C2V made the entire community *****, whine, and fight more than necessary. It also flawed the guide scores (as in inflated scores (90%?! WTH!)), which is very, very bad for the readers.

Remember that the score percent is there for the READERS not the guide creators. If you want an e-peen get 2k ELO and livestream it. Shesh.
FreestyleZer0
<Member>
FreestyleZer0's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2011 9:00am | Report
It's not that i want votes so badly, i want to know what those people are thinking, EVEN IF they are trolling, like i care bout votes, i want to improve my entire guide, this means playstyle, build, explanations, typo's etc, everything..

Neither am i crying its more like being pissed that such a flaw is in this system....

How am i supposed to improve it when you basicly ''allow'' people to be lazy and just up or downvote.
IF people actually are disliking the build or in disagreement they now can just -1 without an explanation (even if just trolling, most at least write something usefull) now anyone who up or downvotes is basicly clear of any ''work'' (as in writing something) thus they are more eagered to up or downvote which is a BAD thing, votes are useless if we don't even know WHY they up or downvoted.

Sure there are fights and *****ing, but come on, people who are actually devoted to make a good guide are now totally screwed over since they won't get any comments, how to improve without feedback huh? It's impossible.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide