Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Suggestion: Notifications

Creator: Siveo August 8, 2011 3:04pm
1 2
Siveo
<Member>
Siveo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 8, 2011 3:04pm | Report
I don't know if anyone already pointed this out, I searched a bit on the forum to find a thread about it but didn't see it so here it goes:

Is it possible to make some kind of notification system?

At the present state of the site, you always have to keep watch your threads and the threads where you posted something on. This can be really annoying not only for you also for people that ask you something and you didn't see it because you forgot about the post or whatever reason you have for it!

It would be nice if you could get some kind of notification if some1 quoted your post, some1 wrote a comment on your guide, some1 wrote a reply on your threads, ...

Kind regards,
Siveo
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 8, 2011 3:06pm | Report
They have a bookmark system coming up soon, and there is already favourites for guides as well as messages.

Siveo
<Member>
Siveo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 8, 2011 3:10pm | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

They have a bookmark system coming up soon, and there is already favourites for guides as well as messages.

Good to hear that, this was just the only thing that I found that lacks on the site so I wanted to point it out!
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 8, 2011 3:41pm | Report
I just posted about this the other day, too lazy to find my post on it though.

But basically, there was an email system but it got disabled for some reason, that is why at the top of threads you see "Add To Favorites", it will be implemented soon again, though.

Same with comments on guides, etc. I would assume.

And yea you can favorite guides too, but the benefit of that is only so they will show in your profile that you fav'd them so other people can see and so you can keep a record...and if you fav a guide that ends up getting archived, it will still show up in your fav list so you can still access it (I just checked on an archived guide of mine to make sure).

Xaioli even suggested somewhere in the Vet forums (can't find it) that there could be a notification system right on the site that updates you when someone replies to you or a thread that you are following.

Also, if you use the MOBAFire flames system (if you mark all read/read through all threads, the flame will light up when something new is posted in that thread), you can see if people reply to you too.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Bryun
<Magic Man>
Bryun's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 8, 2011 3:58pm | Report
I also suggested this early on.

jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 8, 2011 5:53pm | Report
I totally suggested this first!

lol, no seriously, Matt's Huge To-Do List should just be published here and stickied, so people stop making threads, I know I've made my fair share :P
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by natuhlee ♡
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 8, 2011 7:48pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

lol, no seriously, Matt's Huge To-Do List should just be published here and stickied, so people stop making threads, I know I've made my fair share :P

QFT (Cause we know Flash never posts on the forums :P)

wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 8, 2011 7:57pm | Report
He doesn't post often, but he does a ton of stuff for the site. Kinda like if I never posted (rofl) but just updated the database all day.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Siveo
<Member>
Siveo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2011 2:25am | Report

He doesn't post often, but he does a ton of stuff for the site. Kinda like if I never posted (rofl) but just updated the database all day.

Everyone has his work that he's good at ;)
Siveo
<Member>
Siveo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2011 2:27am | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

Well yes, I'm sorry that I made this but it's just because of being not really such a list of suggested items and not immidiatly finding other threads about it!

It just annoyed me quite alot!
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide