Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

2000 toplaner 800+ games as Irelia AMA

Creator: bitpik November 4, 2012 7:43pm
1 2 3
bitpik
<Member>
bitpik's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 4, 2012 7:43pm | Report
Have only played 4 champions ( Darius, Irelia, Garen, toplane Skarner) at 1900+. title says it all, ask away anything.

I can also mentor Irelia players because i love playing Irelia

Proof
I was born nude but now i am dude
Psychofrench
<Member>
Psychofrench's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 4, 2012 7:53pm | Report
I love playing top lane myself, not doing ranked yet and not playing any of those even though Garen was my first main and I have played Darius here and there. How is Skarner solotop? I have a small lineup of tanks and would like to add another to my collection.
bitpik
<Member>
bitpik's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 4, 2012 8:10pm | Report

I love playing top lane myself, not doing ranked yet and not playing any of those even though Garen was my first main and I have played Darius here and there. How is Skarner solotop? I have a small lineup of tanks and would like to add another to my collection.

For the most part i play Skarner as a dps. I go 21-9-0 and Greater Mark of Precision, Greater Seal of Armor, Greater Glyph of Magic Resist and Greater Quintessence of Movement Speed. I take Attack speed glyphs if im against AD jungler and AD top. Ignite+Flash, you can switch ignite for teleport but skarner doesnt really need it because of his mobility. I start with either boots or Regrowth Pendant and if im blue side i take their wraiths level 1 if i can, otherwise just get 4th potion. I max R>Q>W>E.

With these runes and masteries Skarner does a sick amount of damage the first levels. Versus inferior toplaners you will most probably get a kill level 1 or 2. I go Philosopher's stone and then a Sheen followed by either ninja tabi or mercury's treads, i go for a straight trinity force before boots if im stomping toplane hard. Then i like to just go tanky items. Resistances>health because of skarner's shield and Ixtal's Impact(even though Ixtal's Impact is terrible). You can go for a Hextech gunblade if you really just need damage and nothing else but i prefer guinsoo's rageblade because of it being cheaper. I go guardian angel very early if im fed.

Magic resist: Force of nature, Wits end, Banshee's veil guardian angel. depending on situation. I like to get Wit's end early vs magic dealing opponents top.

Armor:Frozen heart, Guardian angel, randuins omen.

Most other tanky items arent great on skarner cause they just dont provide the stats he needs. like for example Sunfire Aegis, health isnt good on skarner compared to resistances and he already has good AoE. Dont even think of Warmogs. You can go for shurelya if you bother, but most of the time im too greedy for that.

Remember that you can go to another lane and either burn flash or get a kill with Impale as soon as you hit level 6.

EDIT: also one thing, if you go for more than trinity force as damage first you will die in teamfights fast as hell. Dont go trinity force first of all if your behind.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 4, 2012 8:11pm | Report
Bananas, Apples or Pears?
bitpik
<Member>
bitpik's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 4, 2012 8:12pm | Report

Bananas, Apples or Pears?

Have never liked apples/pears, although apple pie is pretty good. Bananas win easily.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 4, 2012 8:13pm | Report
bitpik wrote:

Have never liked apples/pears, although apple pie is pretty good. Bananas win easily.

Agreed there.
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 4, 2012 8:14pm | Report
how do you like the health+AS item on irelia after its buff?
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 4, 2012 8:15pm | Report
Anyway, a real question. Is it favorable to max Equilibrium Strike first? I've been thinking about it but my Irelia is too terrible to actually try in soloq.
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 4, 2012 8:19pm | Report

Anyway, a real question. Is it favorable to max Equilibrium Strike first? I've been thinking about it but my Irelia is too terrible to actually try in soloq.

That's how ppl played Irelia when she was considered trash.
(i'm assuming you mean skilling: R>E>W>Q)
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
bitpik
<Member>
bitpik's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 4, 2012 8:21pm | Report
Quoted:

how do you like the health+AS item on irelia after its buff?

You mean Ionic Spark? I like it a lot because it opens a new path for irelia and buffed Frozen Mallet on her. You should probably only use it on 5v5 if your opponent is stacking armor, or if you are in desperate need for magic damage for some reason. Its good for splitpushing but i dont feel like irelia needs it to splitpush because of Bladesurge and Transcendent Blades.

I have played a lot of 3v3 lately and so far i think Ionic Spark+ Wit's End+ Mercury's Treads+ Frozen Mallet+ Atma's Impaler+ Banshee's Veil is the most viable build vs most teams. I still go trinity force sometimes on this new map but only vs squishy teams. The reason to why this build is better than the standard build on 3v3 is that riot banned guardian angel -_- .
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide