Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Effective ways to play Caitlyn

Creator: Kyashan October 19, 2011 10:20am
1 2 3
Kyashan
<Member>
Kyashan's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 19, 2011 10:20am | Report
How goes it fellow LoL players. I am fairly new to LoL and I have stayed to primarily I.bot games with a couple of friends and they have become fairly easy. I decided to step up and play with real people and I have lost all games so far(5 so not to many yet). The champion I love to play is Caitlyn and I was wondering if anyone out there hopefully Caitlyn players would have any advice on how really play her well. I understand it takes time to get proficient with a champion but your commentary is greatly appreciated.
Fox Rage
<Member>
Fox Rage's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 19, 2011 10:28am | Report
Caitlyn is the champion with the most range in the game. Wich is also her biggest strenght IMO. That's why you need to outrange other champion. Stay as ar as possible from them, when they get closer to you, back off a bit or use your net thing to back off faster. Try to use bushes and trap to your advantage. In no situation should you be in melee range of an enemy.

Always try to have your enemies on the tip of your range. I'm no pro caitlyn, but i'm not bad with her either. Maybe a caitlyn player could comfirm/complete what i said.

P.S. Welcome to LoL's community

+rep me and you'll get good karma, wich means you won't be reincarnated into a rock! Isn't that awesome?

But yes this idea has been discussed more than Pam Anderson's tits in a plastic surgeons office.
Kyashan
<Member>
Kyashan's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 19, 2011 11:24am | Report
Thank you! Any thoughts on a good build?
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 19, 2011 11:29am | Report
The general AD carry build is 1-3 Doran's Blades, Berserker Greaves, Bloodthirster (if you're not dying much and are farming well) OR Infinity Edge (safer), Phantom Dancer.

After that it varies a little, you can go with Banshee's Veil to give you some defence and reduce the chance of getting caught, go with Last Whisper for a lot of armour pen, or go with whichever item out of Bloodthirster/Infinity Edge that you didn't get earlier if no one's building armour and you just want flat damage. Black Cleaver is also an okay choice if you want a little bit of everything (AD, AS and Armour Reduction).
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 19, 2011 11:48am | Report
I got a penta kill on her with Berserker's Greaves, Infinity Edge, Bloodthirster, Phantom Dancer, Black Cleaver and Guardian Angel :)

Also good on her would be Banshee's Veil and Mercury's Treads.

Anyways, just look around and you will find plenty of builds and guides for her, good luck and have fun! (hint, look in my signature? :D)

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg
i was only waiting for you to ask

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:
He looks like a hair gel advert on legs

Toshabi wrote:
Icecreamy, with hair as slick and smooth as the ocean waves of Cocobana
NinjaGinge
<Editor>
NinjaGinge's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 19, 2011 11:53am | Report
Just a word on moving from bot games to people, bots work in fairly predictable ways and make poor decisions so being gutsy and going to tons of kills almost always pays off.

Keep in mind that against players neither of these things are true. Be as careful as possible while in lane. Just farm unless you have an easy and convenient opportunity to harass. There's obviously a lot more to it but as far as laning with caitlyn goes I think its a good place to start.
Thanks goes to JEFFY40HANDS for a gorgeous Karma sig
Hey, you should help me on acquiring Medieval Twitch!! :D
http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=507f1031d2ab3250817727
Kyashan
<Member>
Kyashan's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 19, 2011 12:22pm | Report
You guys are tons of help! I appreciate all of the feed back. Any particular match ups I should look out for?
Fox Rage
<Member>
Fox Rage's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 19, 2011 8:05pm | Report
Alistar + Caitlyn is a probably one of the worst combo you can face at the moment

+rep me and you'll get good karma, wich means you won't be reincarnated into a rock! Isn't that awesome?

But yes this idea has been discussed more than Pam Anderson's tits in a plastic surgeons office.
Joobieo#41288
<Member>
Joobieo#41288's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 21, 2011 1:32pm | Report
Taric and cait also does wonders.
Current Solo Q Elo = 1405+
Active United States Marine
Malzahar - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Kassadin - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 21, 2011 1:34pm | Report
Taric cait is good. Taric Vayne is also good.

Janna Vayne is nasty, would never have known if not for Mowen.

You gotta play the different lanes appropriately though.

Cait is war of attrition.

Vayne is hostile take over >:P
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide