Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

A little help about everything... Please...

Creator: Draglino June 27, 2011 11:26am
1 2 3
Draglino
<Member>
Draglino's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 27, 2011 11:26am | Report
Hi everybody. I actually play AD champions and i think i m good at most of them. But theres something that i don't understand. I never feel comfortable with any champions. I got this habit after hitting lvl 30 and going down in Ranked. I used Tryndamare in 10 to 25 levels so i'm pretty much trained with him. I want to be the AD dps of my team. So i need some pointers about that.

1 - Which AD champions worth mastering and practicing ?
2 - Should i learn at least 1 or 2 champions in other roles to fulfill that roles in need ?
3 - I play excellent when i buy a new champion. For example the first 13 games were victories with my Shaco. I didn't play him for a few days after that and when i tried to play him again, i couldnt play him like i did before. Why do you guys think this happens ?
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 27, 2011 11:35am | Report
Hey there! Welcome.
1- You should at least master 2 AD champions. If not more. One ranged and one melee. There is no "list" of AD champs everyone should learn. Every one is different and better in different situations.
2- Yes. This is a must. Learning tanks and Supports is a huge priority since, depending on your ELO, nobody else will want to do it.
3- Not sure of that one. What I think happened is that you stopped playing him for a while and, "forgot" how his skills worked. But, that's just my theory.

Thank you to jhoijhoi for the sig, and all the dividers in the guide.

theBMB
<Member>
theBMB's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 27, 2011 4:54pm | Report
If you want to be really good at this game, know and understand how to play every character. You don't need to master all of them, but at least know what their abilities do and what their damage output/durability is.
As to your questions:
1-Ashe, Corki, Tristana, mf. Ranged AD champions generally have more utility than melee AD champs simply because their auto attack can hit from a distance.
2-You should know at least one champ per major role: AP Nuke, AD Carry, Support, Tank, Jungler, Off-tank (off-tank and jungler usually fit the same role).
3-there are various factors at play there. It might not just be your abilities that influenced that string of victories and it might not be just your abilities that influenced your string of losses.
Draglino
<Member>
Draglino's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 9, 2011 4:16pm | Report
Hey, i wanted to reply about my progress. First of all i want to thank you for directing me to be a better player. So, I tried Singed in one of my friend's accounts and bought him. I can play him pretty good but I have rune problems. After my Udyr runes i'm gonna go for Singed's. So for Tank i play Singed. As for support, i can already play Janna. But I need to practice her more. When I play with my friends as Janna, even they say that i play her great after the match. As Off-tank/Jungler i have Udyr. Actually i was practicing faster Jungling with him just an hour ago. I can get to level 4 and get Bear Stance at 5:11 with both buffs. I think that's pretty good for now. For AP Nuke i play Annie :) I don't have any AP runes but only have magic pen marks. Even with that i can play her. With proper setup and runes, i think my playing will improve even more. As for Ranged AD Carry. I don't know which champion to specialize in. I can play Trist, Sivir and Ashe. But i think i won't play Ashe from now on becouse they're nerfing her ulti. I've seen great Tristana players like CandyPanda at Season 1 championship so i think i'll watch his playing and focus on practicing Tristana.

So you might be wondering if i have any questions. Sure i do! Here they are;

1 - Is Singed viable as Tank or should i buy another Champion to fill that role?
2 - Should i focus on Tristana? or buy Vayne and start playing her ?
3 - Who should i play as AD Melee? I have some problems in that area becouse i think building a glass cannon melee AD will do nothing for the team. Ranged ones can be played even with low armor and magic resist. just becouse they're ranged. So you can get out of danger just by positioning yourself at teamfights. But for melee ones same doesn't apply. Becouse i have to be close and ranged AP nukes can shut me down in an instant. So, should i play a champion like Renekton and build as an offtank to fulfill that role? or Should i get a champion like LeeSin and play as a pure AD Melee champion?
Eihn
<Member>
Eihn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 9, 2011 6:18pm | Report
tryndamere go hard as a dps! get him
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 9, 2011 9:05pm | Report
Singed is a good tank but you should learn multiple champs for each role.

1. He is more of a damage tank like Malphite and Leona than a pure tank like Shen though, you should still learn a good pure tank (Shen, Amumu when not built AP, etc.)

2. She is OK but according to many outshined by others, I would recommend, for AD ranged, trying Vayne, she is very easy and carries hard when played well and is very viable...Cait is another very good AD ranged carry, as well as Corki and Ezreal, but those are much harder to master than Cait and Vayne.

3. No melee character should be build glass cannon...derp.

Just as you said, melee AD the same doesn't apply...

I'd like you to name me one melee AD champ that is a glass cannon (or is usually built that way)...if you are building glass cannon ANYONE it is wrong...EVERYONE, even ranged, should have some defenses, whether hourglass for armor or Banshee's Veil...

especially on melee, if you look at most builds in-game as well as top guides on this site, on champs from Renekton to Lee Sin, you will see survivability items...

champs like Tryn and Yi not as much because of their extreme mobility and survivability by nature (Yi's ult and heal and Tryn's ult + slow + heal + spin)

see, all melees either have built in survivability or purchase items that provide survivability.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Bloofyre
<Member>
Bloofyre's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 10, 2011 8:18pm | Report
1 - Is Singed viable as Tank or should i buy another Champion to fill that role?
Singed is more of an offtank, I would suggest someone who has more CC to lock someone down.
Amumu is a fairly easy to pick up tank, not to mention he can jungle if you need to learn someone who can jungle

2 - Should i focus on Tristana? or buy Vayne and start playing her ?
Tristana is really outclassed. Especially by Vayne. Although since Trist is free, it wouldn't hurt to try her out and give her a good amount of games until you decide how you like her and if it would be worth it to continue on her or to get Vayne.

3 - Who should i play as AD Melee? I have some problems in that area becouse i think building a glass cannon melee AD will do nothing for the team. Ranged ones can be played even with low armor and magic resist. just becouse they're ranged. So you can get out of danger just by positioning yourself at teamfights. But for melee ones same doesn't apply. Becouse i have to be close and ranged AP nukes can shut me down in an instant. So, should i play a champion like Renekton and build as an offtank to fulfill that role? or Should i get a champion like LeeSin and play as a pure AD Melee champion?
Tanky DPS section is there JUST for this reason. If you haven't noticed my avatar, Irelia. I love Irelia as being an offtank and being able to dish it out.

Nothing is more fun than having over 200 armor and MR then getting 16 kills.

Other ones that are worthwhile are Renekton and Xin Zhao.

Many thanks to Alexanpt for my epic sig

If I helped you at all, +Rep
Ronnieho4
<Member>
Ronnieho4's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 14, 2011 4:19pm | Report
Need a overview of suggestions?

Ranged DPS Carry/Stunner

Ranged DPS Carry

Ranged DPS Carry/Nuker

Melee DPS Carry/Nuker

Melee Offtank DPS Tough/Carry

Melee DPS Nuker

Melee Hybrid Nuke/Carry

Ranged DPS Nuke/Carry

Melee DPS Carry

Ranged DPS Carry

Melee DPS Carry

Melee DPS Tough/Carry

Melee DPS Carry

Melee DPS Stealth/Nuker

Melee DPS Tough/Carry

Melee DPS Offtank/Carry

Ranged DPS Support/Carry

Ranged DPS Scout

Ranged DPS Carry

Ranged DPS Carry/Support

Ranged DPS Stealth/Carry

Ranged DPS Carry

Melee DPS Tough/Carry

*Some Champions can be build AP/tank etc. But this is a list for the best choices i would have for a DPS champ /carry!

My Favourites would Be

Or i Recommend a RANGED carry, because you allready have got a MELEE.

Vayne would be my choice in that cause, thx to her powerfull Damage output against any enemy.

U Can Only find out what champion that fits you best by practicing hard with one you think that might fit your playstyle best, because during to the golden rule..
WE ALL GOT A DIFFERENT PLAYSTYLE
It is only your self who knows which champions you might see as most interesting.

Well, And answering to your questions.
1: Vayne, Garen, Nocturne and Xin Zhao is Recommended From me, because:

NOCTURNE - Got a unique Ulti with the ability to suprise your opponents, and assassinate them. Very Usefull in ranked especially. He's Abilities is good both Offensive and Defensive, And can be build as an insane Late Game Carry.

XIN ZHAO - Can be build as a Tough assassinater, which is needed when playing ranked. If you are the main DPS Carry of your team, you will be focussed. Adn the more survivability you've got = Better... And If fed, He is unstoppable.

VAYNE - During To her Insane Damage Output against any enemy. especially tanks she is usefull, thx to her ability - is extremely squizhy tho. But Recommended when you've got a strong team.

GAREN - I Usually Play him Tank. But he is also extremely usefull as DPS carry, thx to his survivability. he is Tough and hard to bring down. and you can do alot of damage pr sec! (DPS)

2: If you can Master 4-5 Champions, you will be sure that all the Champions you play won't be banned in a Ranked, And ensure you a champion of your liking, so it is definitely recommended!

3: LoL is game based on skill and reactions in tough situations. Maybe you were Tired or just had a bad day. OR MAYBE YOU HAD A NEGATIVE ATTITUDE! Which is a common downfall when playing LoL..

BUT DON'T WORRY, I'VE FOUND A WAY TO CURE THIS THING

SHUT DOWN YOUR COMPUTER AND GO OUTSIDE

(seriously it works :D)
Draglino
<Member>
Draglino's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2011 3:35am | Report
Ok its time to update my progress. Above all, I thank you all for answering my questions. I did a great progress since my last post.

First of all, I needed tank champions and now i have Rammus and Amumu. Jungling with tanks was the fastest jungling i've ever did. I can get both of the buffs by the 4 minute mark. Also I found it funny and exciting to play tanks in a team becouse you have the most of the responsibility. We did 4 matches with my team and won 3 of them. Other one was lost but everybody learned something important about their playing.

So, now on to update my progress about certain champions.

Amumu - Learned to jungle with him. Practiced tanking in a few games. Still having some problems with Bandage Toss but they can be solved by practice. Finished his runes except flat health quints.

Rammus - Bought him yesterday and did 1 game which was a Victory. Jungling with him can be done pretty fast and he's an excellent tank with his Defensive Ball Curl and Puncturing Taunt. I may choose him over Amumu =)

Corki - Even after he's nerfed. He still looks viable as a Ranged AD. I won every game i entered with him.

Jax - He is an excellent champion. But just becouse i lack dodge runes, i have hard time with him. " OMG DODGE DODGE! An ally has been slain. "... No, I'll get runes first...

Udyr - Can Jungle, Lane with him. Learned to stance dance properly. He's my main right now. =)

As you can see, I'm no longer the AD carry of my team. I'm the tank. I love to be in this role becouse I love to save my teammates from near dying, its really exciting =)

Now on to questions!

1 - I have some problems with jungling. Its true that i finish jungle with both buffs at 4:00. But after that when i gank i stay underleveled for the rest of the game. It looks like i have to choose between ganking and getting underleveled or not ganking and staying at same level as mid or solo top. In a normal game I'm 2 levels below the mid or solo top and it feels like i fail at jungling when this happens. Why do I have a problem like this and how can I solve this?
2 - Should every team have a tank? When I watch High ELO players, it looks like they get 2 offtanks instead of a tank. 1 Offtank jungles and other is at solo top. Mid is AP carry and bottom is Ranged AD + Support. We are a team with my friends but we don't have a good team composition. I need help in team composition and how should a team formed.
3 - Does Nyph have a stream or replays of his Sona games? We have a Sona player and he wants to learn how pro's play with her but we lack support guides.
4 - I have Amumu and Rammus as a tank right now. Who should I buy next? Shen, Galio, Maokai or Leona?

PS. - English is not my native language and i practice it but i still have a lot of problems. So I apologize for the grammar mistakes that this post may have.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2011 10:03am | Report
1. You NEED to gank, it is OK if you get slightly underleveled, you will get levels back from successful ganks as well as after laning phase.
2. Tank or 2 offtanks, or tank and an offtank, all good.
3. Elementz plays Sona. Who's Nyph?
4. Whoever you want :P There are a lot of tanks. Maybe try soloing top, in that case you can try Jarvan, he is always a terrific pick to have on your team.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide