Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

A little help about everything... Please...

Creator: Draglino June 27, 2011 11:26am
Draglino
<Member>
Draglino's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2011 10:38am | Report
@wRAthoFVuLK;
Is there any place that we can find Elementz's Sona playing? I looked at Reign of Gaming, Own3d and etc. but couldn't find anything...
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2011 10:43am | Report
Not sure, I don't believe he streams.

Try to find Dreamhack and other tourney replays though.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2011 10:53am | Report

Not sure, I don't believe he streams.

Try to find Dreamhack and other tourney replays though.

Elementz does stream.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2011 10:59am | Report
oh, well there's your answer.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Adovid
<Member>
Adovid's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2011 4:27am | Report
Leona is a pure tank just as much as Amumu in my opinion. Leona is actually really good in the right hands because she can disable a champion in the back with a skillshot that goes through heroes in the front.

Amumu, Alistar, Shen, Rammus are pure tanks.

Mundo and Singed are kiting soaks.
Draglino
<Member>
Draglino's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 31, 2011 2:00am | Report
Is it possible to solo top with a tank? It looks like its easy with Shen but are there any others that i can use ?
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 31, 2011 2:06am | Report
You don't want a full tank up top really. They don't scale so well IMO because if they see the tank, they can just go around them. If it's a tanky/DPS up top, they get farm and get their damage and they can survive the fights.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 31, 2011 3:18am | Report
Yea, what Lugi said.

Tanks up top are good, but generally pure tanks are more supporty (see their abilities, for instance Shen taunt and Shen Q heal, Leona passive, Amumu stun, etc) and are better either in the jungle to gank, or bot to help an ally (preferably ranged AD) get fed, in CS and kills.

As Lugi said, tanky DPS needs good farm for items for damage, and usually they scale well with level, so tanky DPS generally wants a solo.

Draglino
<Member>
Draglino's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 31, 2011 4:08pm | Report
So, heres a update about my team and my progress. I won't update for a while after this. We built 2 team compositions and they look like this.

1st-
Solo Top - Blitz
Mid - Anivia or Annie
Jungle - Amumu or Rammus
Bot - Ashe or Ezreal, Sona

2nd -
Solo Top - Morde
Mid - Karthus
Jungle - Olaf or Xin Zhao
Bot - AD Teemo, Blitz

1st Setup lead us to a better team setup but it lacks some damage becouse I play Tank. We did better in teamfights but we lack the focus as a team. We can't really focus the carry and i think this will improve with more practice... I hope...

2nd Setup looks really weird. 3 offtanks, 1 ranged ad and 1 ap. I really don't know how this even works but it does! We have alot of damage and all of us can focus on 1 person.

So, our 1st setup has AoE damage. Annie Tibbers Stun + Amumu Ulti + Sona Ulti = Total Pwn! Our 2nd setup has alot of burst damage and take down a carry really fast. Karthus Q + Morde Q + Olaf Reckless + Teemo's Auto Attack + Blitz Grab + Blitz Punch = Dead Carry.

Are there any advices you can give to our team to improve our playing ? Right now we're trying to Powerlevel our 5th player. Becouse he's Level 28 right now. He played this game with us from the start but he stopped playing at some point. Now he's with us again. After he becomes 30, we will start to play Ranked games then these updates will have more point. So till that, there are 5 questions that i want to ask.

1 - Are there any advices you can give to our team to improve our playing ?
2 - Our support player wants to learn another champion. I'm watching alot of streams and it looks like Alistar can damage well and be a support at the same time. Is that true and should he learn how to play Alistar? and is Alistar viable without being a roamer?
3 - Our AP player already has Anivia and Annie as AP champions. He wants to buy another but he is not really sure about who to get next. Which one is more viable in Mid-High ELO? Swain, Karthus, Brand, Lux or LeBlanc ?
4 - Our Ranged AD player can't decide which one to get next. Corki, Vayne, Caitlyn or Miss Fortune? Who should he get first to boost his Ranged AD experience?
5 - Is Wukong viable as Jungler Offtank?

Thanks to everybody who answered my questions. I'll update this thread after we start playing Ranked as a team. See you guys! =)
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2011 12:50am | Report
2. Roaming meta is gone bro, you lose too much XP, and blah blah.

Alistar and Sona are my main supports, he is def. a good pick bot with AD. I play him supporty early game and then get supporty/tanky items later, or AP if we need the extra damage. That's what's great about Ali...he is so versatile, you can carry AP, support, tank, even AD.

3. LeBlanc is good early game, late game meh. Karthus, easily shut down but he's OK. Swain is good, he is more tanky AP though, like a Cho Gath, so he isn't really your carry, per se, though he can do nice damage.

Brand or Lux I would say...Orianna is another great choice, she brings so much to the team, she is one of the best nukes in the game, slow, haste, knockup ult, shield, SO much utility, she is one of the best champs your team can have.

4. Corki's nerf hurt him a lot, although he is still good, I would say Vayne and Cait are the best two AD right now besides Ashe. Ashe being first because of slow, crits, ulti, you know the deal. Cait's range is crazy, nice early game harass and a safe pusher, Vayne is great against tankier enemies with her true damage...both great picks. Also consider Tristana, she is a great, safe pusher with her range + jump.

5. No. Stonewall classifies him as a tier 5 jungler...he has NO CC before level 6, and even then it is a measly 1 second knock up. Most top tier junglers have a nice CC, to help net early kills from ganks...examples are WW, Trundle, Nunu, Tryn, and Nocturne. Master Yi is an exception because of his crazy clear time + safe heal. But Wukong is not made for the jungle my friend.

And good luck :)

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide