Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

AD Carry Assistance

Creator: FunkMan May 23, 2012 10:14am
16 posts - page 2 of 2
1 2
Jpikachu1999
<Member>
Jpikachu1999's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 23, 2012 11:50am | Report
I don't really main AD's but here are my opinions on what I consider the best.

Graves: Pretty good lane presence, passive is stupid strong. Has an escape mechanism, pretty good for newer people to AD, as he has a couple escape mechanisms for repositioning and decent damage. Best with Soraka, Sona, or Taric in my opinion. Still works with all kill lane supports though.

Kog'Maw: No dashes, so you have to be more careful about positioning with Kog. He has a slow, so he can contribute to chases/flees. He has an armor/MR reducing skill, which is pretty good, not to mention he can gain a ton of range with his Bio-Arcane Barrage. His ult is pretty good too. Best with Soraka, Nunu & Willump, and Alistar.

Vayne: Hands down the most difficult of the AD's. She is so squishy, even compared to other AD carries, and requires a great deal of positioning to play correctly. Luckily, she has Tumble for repositioning. She's great at chases, but for running away, Tumble doesn't really cut it by itself. Thankfully, she has a knockback with Condemn. Vayne is all about posistioning, using Final Hour to stealth Tumble and then knock people into walls with Condemn. Best with Nunu & Willump, Taric, Blitzcrank, and Alistar.

Ashe: She's harder than she looks on the outside, and managing her utility can be difficult at times. She is the mistress of kiting and farming. She's mostly about harassing with Volley. Otherwise, just farm farm farm because of Hawkshot. Have to be good at shooting Ults though. Best with Soraka, Sona, Taric.

If I helped you, click that +rep!
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 23, 2012 7:13pm | Report
Ashe is a great character, but I haven't seen a good Ashe in ages.

Can't remember the last time I saw bigfatjiji hit a good Ashe ult...

Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 23, 2012 7:16pm | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

Can't remember the last time I saw bigfatjiji hit a good Ashe ult...

Me either considering jiji plays AP.
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 24, 2012 5:49am | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

Me either considering jiji plays AP.

he used to play AD tho c:

Klausenheim
<Member>
Klausenheim's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 24, 2012 7:42am | Report
If you are new to the AD Carry role, I would highly recommend you pick a character with some sort of built-in escape, or who are "tanky" for an AD carry (please do not confuse this with being an actual tank haha). Top picks:

Corki - Great poke, good skillset, and Valkyrie will save your butt as you are learning the role.

Graves - A passive that makes other carries jealous, really strong burst, and Quickdraw will let you slip away from people if you overextend.

Characters who, in my opinion, those just starting in the AD carry role should avoid:

Kog'Maw - You are squishy and have no real method to escape. You will be punished for overextending. On the other hand, your damage is really strong.

Vayne - The epitome of squishy, you will probably die before you even know what happened. Again, on the other hand your damage is really strong.

Ezreal - I know he has a great escape with Arcane Shift, but landing skill shots while maintaining a good CS count and proper map awareness is not something a beginner should attempt.

Most of the other AD carries fall somewhere between these two extremes.
Just FYI, as stated this is my opinion, feel free to pick up whatever character you want.
If you are having fun, USE THEM! :)
You can't peddle papooses with a dancing monkey.
Dakirokor
<Member>
Dakirokor's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 25, 2012 5:43am | Report
That depends on what you want to accomplish in your lane. If you just want to get really good at last hitting without over extending then I would go with Caitlyn. Highest range (until 13 when trist takes over), I good reliable escape with her net which you can use to go over walls with, and if you are feeling comfortable or you are with a more aggressive support has good poke and traps and be really strong setting up kills. My favorite is as soon as Taric stunned someone throw a trap underneath them, the timing should work out that around when the stun ends the trap is active.

Now if you want to be less of a super farm and get some kills (while still maintaining a good CS) I'd take Graves just cause his burst with Q and ult is so high plus if they do get away with low health and you have your ult more often than not you can snipe them with either the direct damage or the cone at the end.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide