Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Any Kassadin players out there?

Creator: iBradlee August 22, 2011 1:09pm
1 2
iBradlee
<Member>
iBradlee's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2011 1:09pm | Report
I recently purchased Kassadin, and his play style is something I REALLY enjoy. But I seem to have a problem; I feel that I'm not as hard-hitting as I should be. When in team fights, I don't think I'm bringing as much to the table, as I could be. Maybe it's because I'm only level 10 ATM, and therefore don't have full rune sets (Don't have ANY right now), or mastery tree, therefore I really am not able to do the standard "R,Q,E,R,Q", because of my cooldowns. I'm always able to land the first three, but then I'm forced to wait/TRY to retreat, and THEN repeat, if I'm still alive. Which doesn't allow me to do a ton of damage :/

For those wondering, my item build is somewhat like this:
  • Sapphire Crystal + 2 HP right of the bat
  • Catalyst the Protector + Boots of Speed (Usually get them at the same time, but if I'm low on cash, I go for the CtP first)
  • Tear of God
  • Mejai Soul (Will sometimes get this before ToG, depending on how game's going)
  • Finish Sorc. Shoes
  • Banshee Veil, to give a bit of health and mana boost
  • Archangel's Staff
  • Lich Bane
    And game's usually over by that time

Just crunched some numbers, on my first 9 games with him. Averaged out to a 5/4/9, BUT, that's not quite accurate, seeing as how I included my first two games which wore horrible (2/7/10 and 1/8/7). I've done much better, after the first two. But still feel like I'm not doing quite good enough.

Is there something prevalent, that I'm doing totally wrong? Any tips/tricks any Kassadin players can throw my way?
Any input would be awesome. I really enjoy Kass., but I don't feel like I'm able to do an outstanding job with him, which I really want to be.
Joobieo#41288
<Member>
Joobieo#41288's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2011 2:18pm | Report
Farming early game is the KEY to kassadin, before 6 you shouldn't be worried about trying to hit hard or anything.

Always try to last hit those creeps, then at 6 that's when the fun begins.
Current Solo Q Elo = 1405+
Active United States Marine
Malzahar - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Kassadin - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
iBradlee
<Member>
iBradlee's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2011 2:33pm | Report
I've been working on my farming technique with Kassadin, as he's quite a bit more difficult to last hit/farm correctly, than the other two champs I pseudo-main (Corki, and sometimes Ashe). That's my opinion at least. My early game technique, pretty much goes as follows:
Farm/last hit as much as possible, using Null Sphere on minions at times, to ensure a long range last hit. Use Null Sphere/Force Pulse minimally to harass the opponent, just to keep them at bay, which allows me to get closer, for my melee last hits (They'll usually run back, when I go to melee hit a creep, not knowing if I'm going to Null Sphere them again)

So, as far as I can tell, early game isn't that much of a problem for me. If my technique isn't what I should be doing, let me know. But as far as I can tell, it's not a bad strategy. It's worked for me decently thus far.

Mid/Late game is what I THINK I need help with the most. That's the point when I feel I start "slacking" without actually meaning to.

Thanks for the reply, though, Joobieo. I'll most definitely try an' focus even MORE on farming/last hitting. I think I do somewhat of a decent job as is, but really there's always some room for improvement. :D
UltimateHavok
<Member>
UltimateHavok's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2011 2:35pm | Report
I used to play Kassadin a lot, but it's been awhile.. He is dissapointingly weak before level 6. Once you get rift walk, **** gets fun. His nuke isn't as strong as others, but chasing down low health enemies, turret diving like a boss, escaping gankes, ect are all things he excels at. And with the right build he does hit hard. I forget what build I used to use, but something about the one you use sounded off. Not sure what though. I'll try and look into it for you when I have the time.
My name is Havok.
And yes, your mother loves me.

Check out my Katarina guide!
+rep me because I am awesome.

Thanks to jhoijhoi!
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2011 5:34pm | Report
Your build looks okay. I would pick up Rabadon's Deathcap instead of Mejai's Soulstealer if I were you; it's simply more reliable.

The other two ways to up your burst:
1) Level up your summoner to get more runes/masteries. These help a lot.
2) Farm up as much as possible. Last-hit every creep if you can. You'll need some farm to get your AP going.

Blue buff is also great on Kass for CDR and manaregen.
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
gwadzila
<Member>
gwadzila's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 24, 2011 8:03am | Report
The reason you aren't hitting hard is because you get no reliable AP items until much later :o

On Kass I go ROA into Rabadon's and that works wonders for me.
Credit to jhoijhoi for this intense battle.
Whenever you +Rep me, a puppy finds a home.
My builds: Gragas Veigar Soraka
My Blog is f*cking important.
UltimateHavok
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 24, 2011 8:31am | Report
gwadzila wrote:

The reason you aren't hitting hard is because you get no reliable AP items until much later :o

Yea, I'd probably go Boots, Catalyst, Finish Sorc Boots, Rush RoA or build a Tear if having serious mana problems but should be ok if I remember correctly, then build Rabadons and depending on how you're doing either Lich bane or banshees veil. With RoA, rabadons and Lich you hit pretty ****in hard.
My name is Havok.

Thanks to jhoijhoi!
iBradlee
<Member>
iBradlee's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 25, 2011 10:40am | Report
gwadzila wrote:

I'd just like to say, thank you! I have no idea why I never considered RoA early game. I've just completely replaced Mejai, and instead rush RoA early. Then, build mostly the same as before, but with a few tweaks I've made, that mostly involve more AP, less mana. RoA already gives me a decent mana pool for a while anyways.

I'm now doing MUCH better with Kassadin. Just played a few games, after gwadzila's suggestion, literally doing twice as good as before (Just finished a 8/1/7, that only lasted around 25-30 min. before they surrendered :D )

I've also now learned the invaluable art of /ignore. It seems that before, when I wasn't doing so hot with Kass, teammates complained that I should be killing more. Now, that I AM killing more (more than most of them >:D ) All I ever hear is "ZOMG KS!" "Kassadin, you *****! Initiate!!!" "Kass KSer!!"

Because "apparently" whoever lands the very first blow on an enemy, now ****ing OWNS them. I'm not, by ANY means, allowed to help and, you know, play the freakin' game, haha. **** 'em. /ignore <3

Why so much hate for Kassadin, though? I don't get it :/
UltimateHavok
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 25, 2011 10:46am | Report
Cause honestly, it's not as easy for him to 1v1 or take down certain champs as others can. But what he excels at, is dishing out a strong nuke, chasing enemies down that would otherwise escape, executing pro ganks, and escaping from ganks with ease.

He is a very fun champion, and simply a ****in boss if played right.
My name is Havok.

Thanks to jhoijhoi!
palzm
<Member>
palzm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 25, 2011 6:24pm | Report
Don't be sad if you can't blow all your abilities in one go. People can escape, and often will escape/run away.

Farm like a boss = Late game Burst Power (you can use Q/E to help farm)
Early game, you won't be able to do much damage
Until you get ult, you will not be able to burst with full potential.
Your main job is assassination, picking off squishy/carries (then get out or keep helping your team)
Don't initiate, you'll be blown up (let your tanks do that)
pop W in your combo, for magic pen
Silence those bastards with scary abilities.

my build in my guide (which is):
Saphire + 2 pot
Catalyst
boots
ROA
Finish Sorc boots
Rabadon deathcap
void staff
zhonya hourglass
banshee

If you want you can get Archangels, another excellent item for him.

Well that's somewhat my playstyle.
Don't be sad, everyone can have bad games :P
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide