Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Gold Glitch! Hurry before Riot fixes it!

Creator: Xaioli January 11, 2011 4:07pm
1 2 3
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 11, 2011 4:07pm | Report
Apparently, this thing called 'Last Hitting' builds up your gold quickly. WHOA.

I've been seeing so many people not last hit when they have tons of chances to without being harrassed. Then, they complain about not getting enough gold earlier on. /Cry. Since this is the Mentoring section, lets help out some of the newbies. How do you last hit without being harrassed?

I personally stay behind my creeps and last hit and harrass when I have a chance to. And if you don't know what last hitting is, last hitting is the 'skill' to land the killing blow on a creep to recieve the gold. Last hitting champions means that you are either dealing a lot of damage, or you are playing like B-Wong as Twitch.

Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 11, 2011 4:20pm | Report
And move around a lot of the enemies got skillshot abilities, AoE or anything that can be dodged. Moving around a lot also makes them feel unsafe, so moving just an inch towards them will make them run back to their turret (most of the time).
Adonikam
<Veteran>
Adonikam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 11, 2011 5:17pm | Report
If you are getting ganked then you are not last hitting and are pushing too much.
Australians, the best gamers in the world combined with the worst ping.
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 11, 2011 6:14pm | Report
Adonikam wrote:

If you are getting ganked then you are not last hitting and are pushing too much.

Also, if you're getting harassed, do not attempt to last hit, allow pushing against your turret to happen, it's better than feeding the laners.

Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 11, 2011 7:02pm | Report
A nifty thing about last hitting creeps that your turret is attacking.

Melee minions - 2 hits from turret will make them have just enough health left to last hit, so attack them right after the turret hits a 2nd time.

Range minions - Hit them once, then let the turret hit them once, then you can last hit them.

Cannon minions - Well... you've just got to be patient. :)
Thanks to Minho for my sig!
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 11, 2011 7:34pm | Report
holy **** i thought this would be a troll thread.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 11, 2011 8:12pm | Report
Caucheka: I lol'd.

As a jungler, I don't experience that many worries with last-hitting, but it seems to me like melee champions have a really hard time last-hitting without being harassed. However, as I've been playing Malphite a lot in lane recently, I have to say that using your spells to last-hit is a lot more important than harassing with them, at least for the first 3 or 4 levels of the game. I use Seismic Shard all the time to pick up last hits against a really aggressive lane. This holds true for Pantheon's and Nidalee's spear throws, as well as a few other champions that I CBA to name right now.
nand
<Member>
nand's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 12, 2011 7:55am | Report
It seems like a lot of people have problems with last hitting at their own tower. I recommend experimenting to see how many tower hits + melee hits each creep type needs at each level, then timing/counting them to make sure you get the last hit.

@Mowen: Doesn't always work. On some characters, I need 2 auto-hits + 2 tower hits to kill a single melee minion, for example Tristana.

Though it depends on what setup I'm using, and whether I started with Doran's Blade or Shield etc.
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 12, 2011 11:22pm | Report
It's all about the timing. You need to get used to how much damage you're auto attack or skill does. Go sit in a practice game for 5 minutes in mid and just time those last hits.

Also, even at level 30, I still see people auto attacking minions at full life at level 1. The goal here is not to push to the tower (yet) but to get last hits and do a bit of harassment.

Auto attacking minions will just push you closer to their tower leaving the enemy team a long run back to your own tower with them chasing to kill you if you make a mistake or if their jungler pops out for a gank. This also works in reverse against your enemy team so keep that in mind =)
Zeprido is currently:Online
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
You can always call me Zep for short =D
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 12, 2011 11:38pm | Report
just a small tip for newbies that play melee champs.

If you can (you are not getting harrased) just place your champ near the creep you want to lasthit and press "S" for stop. the champ will not dps the creeps that way, and you will be still close enaugh to react to a lasthit.
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide