Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Help Me :'(

Creator: Max Carter September 2, 2012 4:13pm
24 posts - page 2 of 3
Datoxx
<Member>
Datoxx's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 4, 2012 1:44pm | Report
As Irelia I start with Regrowth Pendant + Health Potion then i go for Boots and philosopher's stone then Heart of Gold, and star off with Trinity Force usually i build Wit's End and Guardian Angel after that and go for Warmog's Armor and Atma's Impaler.
ofc its situational against 5 ap i will build Force of Nature
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
The Overmyynd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 4, 2012 2:08pm | Report
Most champs have 2-3 "core" items in their build. For example, Jax core items would be Hextech Gunblade, Trinity Force and arguably Guinsoo's Rageblade (dont ask me why thats arguable, some people just say it isnt good, idk), and after that situational needs arise and that is where you change up your build. Very common, nothing wrong with it at all.
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
Max Carter
<Member>
Max Carter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 4, 2012 6:08pm | Report
hmmm, okay :D

I bought Olaf and played with him, not solo top (I'm testing on level 8 account, they don't follow the META), but I like him, I just feel my build was in need of attack speed...
Thx for Nyoike for this sig! Tanks FTW s2
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 5, 2012 7:48am | Report
Olaf is the epitome of a bruiser. No, u dont really need alot of attack speed, but if you insist, add a triforce to the build. Meta-Golem works really well on him.
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
Max Carter
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 5, 2012 9:06am | Report
I don't do damage enough to duel someone, without Attack Speed, specially against the carrier, he'll deal shots of 200+ damage and very fast, while I'm with less than 1 AS...

I'll try tri-force

Should I sell Wriggle's Lantern? What should I get to replace it?
Datoxx
<Member>
Datoxx's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 5, 2012 1:54pm | Report
u should sell it late game to buy it more useful for the current game
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 5, 2012 2:05pm | Report
First item for olaf should be Heart of Gold, followed by philosopher's stone, and then Wriggle's Lantern. This is the basics of Meta Golem build. After that you should grab Frozen Mallet then Trinity Force, which should come fairly quickly since you have a couple of gp10 items.
Max Carter
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 5, 2012 7:13pm | Report
Okay, I think I played 4, or 5 times... 2 I went well, 3 or 2 not...

Olaf, Irelia, Renekton, etc... are anti-carriers, right? bruisers who will search and melt the enemy, right?

IDK, I'm doing something wrong, maybe I'm diving too soon? or too crazy? I just know I'm feeling like I don't have the power to dive and take the carrier out! Or my team isn't helping and focusing tanks and leaving me dive alone or, IDK...
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 5, 2012 10:27pm | Report
It could be any number of things, bad/idiotic team members being a strong possibility. Im not sure, thtas something you will have to work on and learn what your champ can/cannot handle at any given time.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 7, 2012 12:38am | Report

First item for olaf should be Heart of Gold, followed by philosopher's stone, and then Wriggle's Lantern. This is the basics of Meta Golem build. After that you should grab Frozen Mallet then Trinity Force, which should come fairly quickly since you have a couple of gp10 items.

absolutely not

If you build two g/10 items you don't get wriggles. You have to get wriggles in the first 15 minutes of the game or its pretty much a waste of an investment. You should never buy Trinity Force and Frozen Mallet together. Tri-force isn't even good on him. Health scales well on him because of his passive although items like Atmas and Maw of Malmortius are also good

All in all you shouldn't really be losing trades as olaf. You should max R > E > Q >W or R > E> W > Q. Every time an enemy goes in for a last hit slam them with a Reckless Swing and back off, then recover hp with your W.

It could be any number of things, bad/idiotic team members being a strong possibility.

honestly why do you consider yourself a mentor. Yes it's harsh, but quit instilling this mentality into players. You're exactly the toxic force that is responsible for solo queue jackasses. It's never your own fault always someone elses. Teach people to take accountability for their actions and failures. If you're not doing well over the course of tens of games then it's obviously you as a player, because you are the constant factor in your solo queue experience, the players change and are therefore static.
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide