Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Major trouble playing as Ashe :(

Creator: Taffy February 22, 2012 9:20pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
The Overmyynd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 30, 2012 10:03am | Report
Well its clear that we have differing opinions, most likely caused by our different experiences. Yes, Ashe is being picked alot by a pro player on a team headed to a major tournament. He can make her good, great even. But Taffy and I both run with swarms of people that try to play Ashe and fail. Hard. If Taffy can work hard enough at it to make Ashe an insane carry, freakin fantastic. Great for her. The element of surprise in "holy **** that Ashe just rocked my world, wtf?" would mean ALOT. Im just saying that Ashe is easy to play, hard to do well with.
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 30, 2012 10:16am | Report
Wut.

In what way is Ashe 'bad'?

Your only defense to that is your experience with her.

She isn't 'bad' in any way. I've been told she offers the most utility to any team as an AD Carry, and I completely believe that because I've seen her skill set (who hasn't, lol).

Free CV every minute. Easily avoid ganks.

Permaslow. If your jungler is half decent, guarantees a kill or burns a summoner spell each gank with red buff.

Free gold every last hit. >_> You should be last hitting, right? In comparison to other AD carries, you'll get your gear faster, leading to an advantage early on.

Free crit. Walk to lane, AA into Volley and that's about 200 damage up front. Get an early IE and that will HURT.

If you've played with bad Ashes, then I don't know what to say. The only real reason she's lackluster right now is because she has no steroids, but that's easily fixed with items.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
The Overmyynd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 30, 2012 6:29pm | Report
Where have you been dude? Clearly not playing with the same people i have. yeah her skillset LOOKS nice, but taking advantage of it is pretty challenging. Getting away from people is hard with her, cause you have to pause every 3 steps to shoot someone and keep going. People dont do that. And to avoid that big damage boost you are talking about with her volly, just walk behind a creep and you are set. Im not saying no one can make her a great player, ive seen great ashe, i know they exist, but most people CANNOT. There is a difference between a "good player" and a "good character". Good Ashe becomes good from the former, not the latter.
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
Taffy
<Member>
Taffy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 30, 2012 8:16pm | Report
When you say 'offers the most utility to the team' how do you mean? Do you mean with her ultimate as a possibly initialiser for team fights and her 60 second scouting bird?

Ugh, just played against Tristana; remind me, what does Ashe do better than her? Because right now i'm having trouble seeing what it is :S She can do splash damage, has better attack speed, has an escape which also makes enemies airborne and knocks them about, has better range, can knock enemies back and deal heavy damage with her ultimate and seems to have better stats? :(

The one i fought was level 30 but still, I got owned.

We did win eventually but i lost my lane and had to farm somewhere else for awhile.

Trying to Become a Hero | Tifa Lockhart > Lara Croft | I <3 Ashe | Uh oh! Luther's being smooth, brb | Hold my beer | MissMaw is a Melon
Banner compliments of MissMaw the Taffy-proclaimed Pro!
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 30, 2012 8:19pm | Report
Taffy wrote:

When you say 'offers the most utility to the team' how do you mean? Do you mean with her ultimate as a possibly initialiser for team fights and her 60 second scouting bird?

That and a permanent slow which means anyone who gets tagged by her W and autoattacks is basically guaranteed to die unless they flash over a wall.

Taffy wrote:

has an escape which also makes enemies airborne and knocks them about

No it doesn't. :P
Taffy
<Member>
Taffy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 30, 2012 8:21pm | Report
Oh doesn't it? I thought it threw you about... unless i got hit by something else at the exact same time? lol. I was dead pretty quick afterwards regardless of what happened :(

Trying to Become a Hero | Tifa Lockhart > Lara Croft | I <3 Ashe | Uh oh! Luther's being smooth, brb | Hold my beer | MissMaw is a Melon
Banner compliments of MissMaw the Taffy-proclaimed Pro!
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 30, 2012 8:28pm | Report
Nope it only does damage. Tristana does a lot of damage from skills early game though.
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 30, 2012 8:32pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

Lugig, I would never send Ashe mid against Kass, Swain, Ahri, LeBlanc, ANY AP, because Ashe would be immediately owned.

Casters have the early game advantage, whereas ad have the late game advantage.

Only AD casters, like Talon, with a lot of burst, can outdamage mid AP.

She DESTROYS Kassadin.

Luther3000 wrote:

Nope it only does damage. Tristana does a lot of damage from skills early game though.

Actually, her ult DOES knock you back and up.
Tri lane for life.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 30, 2012 8:54pm | Report
I'm well aware of that, but he said her escape. I guess you could count R as an escape mechanism of sorts, but when someone says Tristana's escape you think of her W, not her ult. Plus he mentioned her ult seperately in the next sentence.
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 31, 2012 12:54pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

I'm well aware of that, but he said her escape. I guess you could count R as an escape mechanism of sorts, but when someone says Tristana's escape you think of her W, not her ult. Plus he mentioned her ult seperately in the next sentence.

Indeed she did.

Taffy wrote:
can knock enemies back and deal heavy damage with her ultimate
Tri lane for life.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide