Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Major trouble playing as Ashe :(

Creator: Taffy February 22, 2012 9:20pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 23, 2012 3:08pm | Report
It's true. With her only escape her ult, or a slow which is made obsolete because of all good gap closers now, she's mainly there for utility.

Her farming, that 1 auto attack at the beginning of a fight and her initiations are her only redeeming qualities. You might as well build her support. :P
Taffy
<Member>
Taffy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 23, 2012 4:26pm | Report
Ha, it seems I've started an Ashe debate :)

In regards to tower stealing my minion kills, I tried your strategy and it worked, thanks for the tip! :) It's sometime difficult to predict which mage it'll target next to make sure I've at least shot it once, but I managed at least 50% of the minion kills still :) And the enemy champions couldn't do a thing really.

Should I not be middle laning as Ashe then? I had to in my previous game against Fiddle Sticks. I didn't win the lane but I certainly didn't lose it either. Neither of us lost a tower and I farmed a lot better than him (He seemed way more occupied with trying to kill me rather than last hitting)

Is it normal for Ashe to lane on her (just not the middle lane) with the jungler nearby to assist and gank? (If possible obviously) Is it only in lower leagues where the party is split into 2 top lane, 1 mid lane and 2 bottom lane? As that seems to be the norm at the moment. I guess jungling is difficult and very character dependant.

Out of curiosity, has Ashe had a nerf recently or anything? The way you guys are talking makes it sound as though she wasn't always this weak early game?

Sorry for all the questions again... I really appreciate the help of course!

Trying to Become a Hero | Tifa Lockhart > Lara Croft | I <3 Ashe | Uh oh! Luther's being smooth, brb | Hold my beer | MissMaw is a Melon
Banner compliments of MissMaw the Taffy-proclaimed Pro!
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 23, 2012 4:29pm | Report
It's not so much that Ashe got nerfed as it is that other AD champions got released or buffed.

In general the standard setup in most games is:

-Tanky Dude Top
-AP Mid
-AD + Support Bot
-Tanky Dude Jungle
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 23, 2012 4:34pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

Wait, WTF?

WTF what?
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2012 3:02am | Report
I agree with jhoi, ad carry goes bot with a support.

How do you build Ashe Duff? O.o
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2012 9:10am | Report
Quoted:

I agree with jhoi, ad carry goes bot with a support.

How do you build Ashe Duff? O.o

I'm going to answer that question right now and say "Exactly like I would build Janna."

Also, I have had no problems with putting AD carries solo top. Twitch, Ezreal, probably Cait, I can all do in a solo lane and get most, if not all of the CS. Bot lane with a support though? Nope. Miss all the CS!
You'd be surprised how well some AD carries work solo top.
Taffy
<Member>
Taffy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2012 5:37pm | Report
Wait wait wait :P I am utterly confused now lol... I thought the tank went top lane solo? I suppose as Ashe, if the tank is someone like Garen, they're actually easy to poke and run from if they get too close (especially with frost arrow) same applies to Nasus actually... I only struggle with the ones that can teleport without the use of flash. Oh and Cho'Gath (I kited that guy forever one game, lol) :)

So I guess soloing top with Ashe is a possibility, but doesn't it depend heavily on your opponent? Unless there's something I’m missing? :P

Trying to Become a Hero | Tifa Lockhart > Lara Croft | I <3 Ashe | Uh oh! Luther's being smooth, brb | Hold my beer | MissMaw is a Melon
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 27, 2012 6:29am | Report
Time for Xaioli's 5 minute Paint Drawing!

imgur.com/xsdvo.jpg (not embedding it because it's pretty huge. inb4 that's what she said)
The usual location of the characters in today's current meta-game.

The above image is what the people in the thread are talking about where you'll find characters on Summoner's Rift. Personally as an experienced AD player, Ashe is pretty weak compared to the other AD carries out in the current champion pool and is mainly used for her utility. Because of that shared belief of Ashe, she is rarely played in the middle or top lanes which in today's meta-game that is ideal for "Tanky DPS or Strong AP". If she was to be placed in a lane, bottom lane in the "Ranged AD/Support" is where she'd usually go. Still, Ashe is quite dominated by other AD champions like Miss Fortune and Graves because she gets outpoked and will eventually be outcsed unless the other team goes full ******. Besides for her ultimate, Enchanted Crystal Arrow, no one really plays her unless it's in a full kite team where she is untouchable with other slowing champions like Anivia, Sejuani and etc. This is just a suggestion and description of the usual daily "Ashe". Feel free to play whatever you'd like though because it's a game and you should have fun :p

Since you did come to ask for tips about Ashe, all I can say is to just try to miss as little CS as possible and nail almost every hit of Volley, her main harass spell. Since Ashe has no escape spells, make sure to keep your distance from everything and only take the possible risk of dying if you're guaranteed a kill no matter what the outcome is. Last but not least, don't miss your ultimate. If it's an attempt for a snipe across the map, that's excusable. However if you're using it to catch someone off-guard or to initiate a team fight and you miss it, you're very useless to your team until it's back up. Harsh but true D:<.

To response to your question in your previous post, it greatly depends on who you're against but really, the chances of you winning against a player that knows what he/she is doing top as a strong AP or Tanky DPS is very slim.

Anyways, I hope I gave you some decent advice and could help you out. In the end, I'd start shifting away from Ashe because in her current state, there are a lot of other champions that play her role better. However, just play what you want :P

Taffy
<Member>
Taffy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 27, 2012 5:05pm | Report
Ah man, I feel I should change character now... I want to try out the new champion if I'm honest... Fiora or what her name is. I know what you mean though about other Ad's being able to poke harder, and the lack of an escape is so frustrating sometimes! :(

I middle laned vs Karthus the other day and owned him (which I was pretty chuffed about! :D) but it's the AP champions you either can't dodge or who have abilities which are difficult to doge/stun you! Morganna is fine if you can dodge her stun move, for example. If you can't you're in for a world of pain :(

I REALLY struggled to lane against Gangplank today; we managed to win, but his Parley move does a ton of damage! :P

Thanks for the lane picture though! That makes a lot more sense, seeing it drawn out like that.

Overall, I think I'll stick with Ashe for a while longer. If I get the minion kills I can make it to the late game with a strong array of items. I beat my personal record of 20 kills and 16 assists in a single game today! But I'm thinking now, maybe I could do better with someone else... decisions!

Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 27, 2012 6:45pm | Report
It doesn't even matter all that much what you play at level 15 when your teams have no idea what they're doing and make no attempt to follow any meta.

Just play whatever you find most fun and enjoy it, because you won't be able to do that forever. Not without pissing people off anyway.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide