Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Nasus any good?

Creator: ShenMasterFlash August 15, 2011 8:51am
40 posts - page 2 of 4
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 18, 2011 10:59am | Report
You should be trying to kill minions only using Q unless it's on cooldown.

If it is, just use a normal attack. E will push the lane which is generally not a good thing, and it also means less minions to hit with Q.

IMO anyway maxing Q is the way to go. I haven't actually played him since his E was buffed though.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 18, 2011 11:00am | Report
If you want to farm SS more, max it earlier because it gets a lower CD and gets stronger making it easier to last hit. If you want to push and farm in general, SF is the way to go.

Thank you to jhoijhoi for the sig, and all the dividers in the guide.

theBMB
<Member>
theBMB's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 18, 2011 2:31pm | Report
i don't max q first, i put 1 point in it at the beginning and then max e first. I put another point into it around level 7ish, but other than that it stays at level 2 until later levels. Point being you can farm with it to give it all of its damage, then you're a late game powerhouse
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 18, 2011 2:43pm | Report
Honestly, if you max SS first, you will lose some lanes.

I was playing Mordekaiser, and a nasus gave me a real run for top because he maxed out Spirit Fire first, and Mordekaiser's early game heavily relies on his resists.

After level 6 though, you win head to head battles.

21-0-9 Mordekaiser does a lot worse than 9-0-21 mordekaiser would though.
Tri lane for life.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 18, 2011 2:47pm | Report
theBMB wrote:

i don't max q first, i put 1 point in it at the beginning and then max e first. I put another point into it around level 7ish, but other than that it stays at level 2 until later levels. Point being you can farm with it to give it all of its damage, then you're a late game powerhouse

Except that at max rank it has half the cooldown it has at rank one, so you can get double (well, in theory) the last hits with a max rank Q as opposed to a rank one Q. Plus it gets a hefty boost to the flat extra damage.

Honestly I've never found his E to be at all useful, the damage it does to champions is completely negligible and it pushes lanes. I haven't played him since it was buffed, however.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 18, 2011 3:02pm | Report
The damage isn't what you max his E for. It's the resist reducing.
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 18, 2011 5:05pm | Report
Lugignaf wrote:

The damage isn't what you max his E for. It's the resist reducing.

The armour reduce is 20 at rank one and 40 at max rank, going up by five per rank. Imo that's not the greatest rank scaling in the world and is inferior to having the damage and lower cooldown on his Q.

Imagine how much more damage you'd do in an early-mid teamfight being able to use your Q twice as often with considerably more flat damage and more damage from last hits.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 18, 2011 5:34pm | Report
Imagine how much more damage your team would do in an early mid teamfight if you have Spirit Fire first. Your personal damage < The team's total damage.
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 18, 2011 5:35pm | Report
Nasus requires farm. If your denied at all, you lose. He's a bit risky tbh unless you have a good jungler/support if your duo. If he does farm, he's incredibly good. He's also shut down a bit by CC.

Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 18, 2011 5:36pm | Report
Lugignaf wrote:

Imagine how much more damage your team would do in an early mid teamfight if you have Spirit Fire first. Your personal damage < The team's total damage.

Except in a teamfight, you can't use SF twice, it's easy to dodge and is only really useful for your AD Carry. Whereas the Q damage far outshines SF and still reduces the armor with SF.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide