Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Questions to Support and other things

Creator: Lolnub95 April 3, 2013 2:25pm
1 2 3
Satella
<Member>
Satella's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2013 7:23pm | Report
People focus too hard on the cost efficiency of items like Crystalline Flask and Sightstone and forget the fact that the initial investment doesn't give you all that much. Yes, they pay themselves back over time eventually, but by making the down payment of purchasing the item your opportunity cost is the other items you could have bought with that gold that give you stronger laning presence. I will gladly take Philo stone first over sightstone for the mana regen if I feel like I need it.
Rewriting Riven Guide Useful Programs Thread Sig making
Psychofrench
<Member>
Psychofrench's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2013 7:36pm | Report
I used to buy Sightstone when they first came out but for some reason didn't stick to it at all. I might give it another try but I personally can care less about the stats I get from it.

To answer question 5, you definitively want to try Sona, she is a must try for any support. Also Lulu is really strong right now and useful to almost any ADC in lane, she has become my most played support real fast. Nunu & Willump has slightly fallen off the radar since his nerf, but I still pick him if I'm paired to an experienced Vayne player. Finally Blitzcrank is a really fun one to know, but you might need more practice and a deeper understanding of his playstyle.
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
The Overmyynd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 11, 2013 7:25am | Report
Satella wrote:

People focus too hard on the cost efficiency of items like Crystalline Flask and Sightstone and forget the fact that the initial investment doesn't give you all that much. Yes, they pay themselves back over time eventually, but by making the down payment of purchasing the item your opportunity cost is the other items you could have bought with that gold that give you stronger laning presence. I will gladly take Philo stone first over sightstone for the mana regen if I feel like I need it.

You should only need mana regen if you are playing harass heavy champs like Lux or Zyra, and you can easily start with a Mana Manipulator if that is an issue. Putting down the initial investment into a sightstone gives you health which is good in lane, and it lets you build other things like philo and kages much faster since you arent buying wards anymore during lanephase. Ofc if you dont have the cash for a sightstone on first back but you DO have the cash for a philo, get the philo because you never ever want to go b as a support and not get anything. But if you do have the 950 when you go back, get the sightstone.
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 11, 2013 7:55am | Report

You should only need mana regen if you are playing harass heavy champs like Lux or Zyra, and you can easily start with a Mana Manipulator if that is an issue. Putting down the initial investment into a sightstone gives you health which is good in lane, and it lets you build other things like philo and kages much faster since you arent buying wards anymore during lanephase.

Please don't start Mana Manipulator. Or rush it.
Please don't stop buying wards just because you bought a Sightstone.

T.T
Thanks to Fatelblade for the sig!
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
The Overmyynd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 11, 2013 8:12am | Report
Aside from pink wards, ofc. And manipulator is handy in a very harass heavy lane, at least down here in hell.
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 11, 2013 9:53am | Report
Do not EVER start Mana Manipulator. You really shouldn't ever build it either. If you have a high mana champion then learn to control your mana or rune mana regen blues, in lieu of MR blues.

As far as Sightstone, it gives you 475g worth of health, the next value comes as soon as you place your wards. As soon as you place 6.3 wards you've made your investment back, so in otherwords, after you've placed 7 wards, you've made a profit on sightstone.

Philo Stone rush is only good on some champions. I would never rush Philo on Alistar, I probably wouldn't build it. If I'm on a champion that requires hard engaging such as Leona or Ali then I just go straight Sightstone. If the enemy has a blitzcrank or leona I might rush Philo as well. For example a game I played recently had a leona and I was sona, so I rushed Sightstone so I could survive the burst. Philo isn't necessary although it does add up over time. If you really think about it, Philo takes about 30 minutes to get your gold back, that you've invested.

I REPEAT DO NOT GET A Mana Manipulator IN LANE
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide